Buddy Nix is doing things right.

kota

I see multiple threads and comments about people wondering why all of the staff was let go. Buddy Nix understands what it is to be a GM. He is going to let the new HC pick his own staff. It makes zero sense in keeping anyone from the staff and forcing the new HC to work with him. Buddy Nix said it himself that the HC Needs to be his own CEO and assemble a good staff. He said that is a quality a new HC needs.

Buddy Nix is cleaning house after a decade of the same old ****. Who knows maybe the new HC will bring some of these guys back. I wouldn't mind if Bobby April came back.

I see multiple threads and comments about people wondering why all of the staff was let go. Buddy Nix understands what it is to be a GM. He is going to let the new HC pick his own staff. It makes zero sense in keeping anyone from the staff and forcing the new HC to work with him. Buddy Nix said it himself that the HC Needs to be his own CEO and assemble a good staff. He said that is a quality a new HC needs.

Buddy Nix is cleaning house after a decade of the same old ****. Who knows maybe the new HC will bring some of these guys back. I wouldn't mind if Bobby April came back.

Agreed, nice to see Nix get it. Now lets hope he is as liberal with cutting the previous regimes mess when it comes to players as he was the staff.

Pray he picks the right coach who gets the right assistants and we FINALLY find a Damn good QB

I wasn't happy with the Nix hiring until his actions today. Clearly, this man knows a thing or two about winning. When you suck for 10 years, getting rid of EVERYONE is a huge step in the right direction.

Bobby April and the secondary coach coming back wouldn't be a bad thing in my opinion. It has to be the HC's decision not the front offices. There is a chain of command on everything. When the owner or the front office break that chain of command is when things get weird.

I dont know why but it still amazes me the bipolar posts at times on the boards.....

- For the years posters have been screaming to CLEAN house (and yeah I know that includes a couple of people that are still in the front office...but....)

- Then they actually do it

- Then people are bitching that they did it

WTF people

since the coaches were under contract, wouldn't you wait to see if your new HC had any interest in keeping them? Let's say we hire Frazier and Frazier really wants April as his Special teams guy...so we pay out the past contract and give him a new one???

I dont know why but it still amazes me the bipolar posts at times on the boards.....

- For the years posters have been screaming to CLEAN house (and yeah I know that includes a couple of people that are still in the front office...but....)

WTF people

The timing of it makes no sense. Agreed house cleaning was in order, but unless you have something in place to move forward with the team, you wait....

mass firings were going to happen whether by Nix or by the new coach. April and maybe Fewell might have stayed with a new coach, but better to completely clean house and let the new guy bring in people familiar with his new style. I wonder if this move indicates Nix is leaning toward a head coach with gray hair and a lot of NFL experience who would know the league well enough to put into place his "team". I think Frewell and April will clearly land on their feet somewhere. Fewell has probably jumped to the short list for consideration for a head coach job.

I really hope he turns this mess around, but what has he done so far that makes what he is doing right? Jauron was already fired, so it was obvious the staff was going, except maybe April, and he quit because the Ralph butt facked him.

WTF people

Agreed. Clean house means letting everyone go, and that's what Nix did.

Right from the beginning Nix came across as a person with common sense.

1. He said the Bills don't need a QB with questionable arm strength. They need someone who can throw hard through the wind.

2. He said a team like Indy was built for their facility. Small fast guys that can fly around in the dome on the turf. He says this kind of team won't work in Buffalo. We need line men that like to get dirty. Power football.

3. He said teams that say they draft the "best player available" are full of crap. They draft the best player available that helps them as soon as possible and Buffalo has to also.

If I was the owner of the Bills and a guy with his record of drafting good players wanted the job I would hire him on the spot after that interview.

This kind of common sense is respected. Now we must get a common sense coach. We need someone that demands fundamentals and execution. It has to be Cowher. Power football and a QB that can flat out smoke the ball with a D that plays lights out will bring the Bills back to glory.

Right from the beginning Nix came across as a person with common sense.

1. He said the Bills don't need a QB with questionable arm strength. They need someone who can throw hard through the wind.

2. He said a team like Indy was built for their facility. Small fast guys that can fly around in the dome on the turf. He says this kind of team won't work in Buffalo. We need line men that like to get dirty. Power football.

3. He said teams that say they draft the "best player available" are full of crap. They draft the best player available that helps them as soon as possible and Buffalo has to also.

If I was the owner of the Bills and a guy with his record of drafting good players wanted the job I would hire him on the spot after that interview.

This kind of common sense is respected. Now we must get a common sense coach. We need someone that demands fundamentals and execution. It has to be Cowher. Power football and a QB that can flat out smoke the ball with a D that plays lights out will bring the Bills back to glory.

WTF people

WTF??

Guy and Modrak are still employed

WHY?????

you would think they report to Nix and would have been the first to go.

The coaches did not need to be "released" until the new HC was fired and evaluated the staff.

The biggest problem with this team for the last 10 years has been the front office

nothing really changing on that front.

Its not rocket science.

Unless you've worked at OBD for more than 2 years.

Every team that fires the HC takes the rest of the coaching staff out at the same time. Occasionally, the incoming HC takes someone from the old staff, but it's not usually an OC or DC.

If they're cleaning house, they've left quite a few rooms untouched. In order to properly set a new course, it's time to remove Guy, Modrak, and Overdorf among others. If not, there hasn't been a house-cleaning, but a sweeping of these problems under a big rug.