Glazer reporting entire staff dismissed

ILoveBFLO

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If a guy drops the ball, how is that the coaches fault? If we kicked inopportune onsides kicks or something like that, then yes you'd have a valid point.

well, lets see...

1) Who decided that player should be on the active roster?

2) Who decided that player was the one who should be returning the kick?

3) Who decided how much practice time that player got in the kick return role?

4) Who decided what drills to run to ensure the players practiced proper ball control?

Not that the player is not responsible...but come on...what you do as an employee reflects on your boss.

You do know that the next HC can rehire April if he wanted right? Just because he was fired doesnt mean he is expelled from the Bills organization.

Wouldn't they have to redo his contract to rehire him? Surely they wouldn't fire him only to turn around and rehire him and give him a raise.

If the Bills really are going after Cowher hard, look for Modrak to keep his job. John Clayton was on WGR 550 and said Cowher knows and likes Modrak.

I put no stock in what Clayton has to say. He's the one who said last week on wgr the Bills had no zero nodda chance at Cowher meanwhile Cowher meets with the Bills last week. I'd rather listen to Mort :rolleyes:

There sure does seem to be a lot of evidence pointing toward Cowher:

* Stealth meeting this week

* News that the recent meeting is the second between the Bills and Cowher

* CBS and Cowher himself would not comment or speculate

* Assistants such as Chan Gailey contacted by Cowher recently

* Evidence pointing toward the Bucs retaining Morris, the Panthers retaining Fox, the Texans retaining Kubiak

* The entire coaching staff fired today

* New GM Nix hired AFTER the meeting with Cowher

* Thurman and Jim Kelly mentioning Cowher in the Nix presser

* A prior relationship between the new GM Nix, the college personnel guy Modrak, and Cowher

* Ralph Wilson's disdain for Donahoe, who supposedly left Pittsburgh because he was at odds with Cowher (i.e. it fits Ralph's personality to hire the "anti-Donahoe")

... plus, Ralph Wilson and company aren't exactly known for their extensive and exhaustive interview processes (e.g. Nix was hired with only he and Guy interviewed).

They have to interview Perry to satisfy the Rooney requirement, but it sure seems like they already have their man...

Leodis fumble against New England. Roscoe fumble against Cleveland. Maybin offside. Not prepared.

Please explain to me how April could prevent those nitwits from fumbling or Maybin from being a tard. The BEST thing he could do was say "hang on to the god damn ball". Short of that, it was out of his control.

I do think we've seen a bit of special teams regression this year but given the number of injuries we've had it's hard to pin that on April.

well, lets see...

4) Who decided what drills to run to ensure the players practiced proper ball control?

Not that the player is not responsible...but come on...what you do as an employee reflects on your boss.

You left off the most important one of them all:

"Hey Leodis, we don't need you to break one here. The single most important thing for you to do on this play is still be holding the ball when the whistle blows. This means you should go down at first contact and not fight for 6 more inches"

I cannot tell you how excited I am right now. This is the most excited I've been about the Bills future since the Superbowl years.

I really think Dellepelle is right Cowher will be named HC tomorrow, right after the sham interview with Fewell to comply with the Rooney rule.

well, lets see...

LMAO. How utterly stupid is this post? So, based on Parrish and McKelvin's prior track record, they should not have been returning kicks and punts? You realize how utterly stupid that is right?

You missed all the reports saying that he has no interest in coming back. To paraphrase him, "I've done it for 30 years, I'm done."

No. But I did hear the report this morning from Mort that despite what is being said by

Shotty, he does have the desire to coach again. This was also speculated last week.