Bills have #9 overall pick

inkman

Didn't see anyone start a thread about their draft position, thought it would be worth starting.

So do they go after a QB, LT, LB or other?

Which players at those positions will be on the board then?

Didn't see anyone start a thread about their draft position, thought it would be worth starting.

So do they go after a QB, LT, LB or other?

Which players at those positions will be on the board then?

Im hoping we have a shot at Mclain

mcclain, cody, campbell, okung, bradford, clausen, buluaga, or possibly morgan or graham

Anyone care to post a breakdown of each players career stats, scouting report and any other relavant info?

just google it dude...

That's why I started this thread. I could spend hours researching all this crap but instead I can pool the resources of hundreds of posters to gather info that will take away a little too much time from my work day.

Probably gone in top five: Suh, Clausen, Gerald McCoy, Okung, Berry.

Might be gone: the next best OT (there are about five after Okung worth a first round pick), Rolando McClain, Dez Bryant,

Sam Bradford

We'll have a good bunch of OTs left to choose from, at worst.

We probably will lose a chance to get McClain because of the win over the Colts.

Who we pick will depend on who we get in FA as well as what kind of systems we will be running (ie west coast offense, or 3-4 defense).

I think the Bills will make a run at someone like Matt Light to play LT, who may become available with the play of rookie Sebastian Volmer at LT for the Pats.

Same can be said for DT Vince Wolfork.

It also will depend on what Schobel does. If he retires, the Bills will almost certainly have to draft DE early.

Then you have to take into consideration who enters the draft (McClain is a JR) and when all the potential draftees are set, you have to wait and see how they perform in the combine in February as well as pro days. This will result in players slipping and rising.

We'll have a better idea of who will possibly be available in February.

We'll have a better idea of who will possibly be available in February.

Thanks. :rolleyes: I'll bet we'll know even more around 9pm April 22nd. (interesting to note that the first round is at night this year)

Thanks. :rolleyes: I'll bet we'll know even more around 9pm April 22nd. (interesting to note that the first round is at night this year)

Even then, knowing the Bills, they may take someone who we all think is a slam dunk sure thing, but opt for the surprise player ala Whitner :lol:

just google it dude...

Awesome! can't wait!....When is this suppose to begin?? It sure hasn't started yet...2nd, 3rd, 4th year? Wait average career is 4-6 years so it would be nice if it STARTS to happen soon! B. Orakapo (using that logic) is suppose to become a bust...when I don't know...he is too busy sacking the QB and doing his Bruce Smith impression right now! :rolleyes:

I like Mclain or Brandon Spikes at LB in the first round. Tebow or Lefevour at QB in second round. Then take OL or a DL in the third round.

The Bills desparately need help at the linebacking position. Their run defense looks like Swiss cheese. Run support from the linebackers would help a lot.

Spikes would be a great choice. He could play inside and they could move Poz to the outside. After that, only one more OLB away from a fairly formidable defense. The Bills D-line is not that bad. Kelsey and Schobel played their positions at a level that doesn't require immediate attention to the DE spot, especially if Maybin adds some muscle and develops as hoped. Kyle Williams has really come along. No problem there. Stroud may be nearing the end, but if he can stay rested with a decent rotation, he could be solid for another year or so. Unless they hire Jauron back as a consultant, I don't see them drafting a DB in the first round. Linebacking is the most glaring need.

Some will argue that OT is a huge need as well. It will all depend on how the Bills forecast the continued development and stability of Butler and Bell in the tackle positions.

I think Spikes would be a good fit. If the Bills think they could convert Maybin to OLB, maybe a DL would be in order.

If they don't see Bell as a solution to the LT spot, then it'd be worthwhile to draft the last piece of the OL puzzle, as there should be at least one blue chip prospect at that position.

IF they can draft an impact player with the 1st choice and have as successful a draft as the later rounds of 2009 brought, they could have the makings of a damn good team. All they would need is to stay healthy and get someone under center that can be a good field general and leader. If they go QB in the first round, that would be a concession to it being a rebuilding year. I don't think it has to be. Fill the QB spot with a FA - a la Favre, Warner, etc.

Spikes looks like a good possibility as a 1st round choice. Who knows, maybe that can move down a couple of spots and parlay the #9 into another pick or two.

Quarterback is a no brainer, question is though is there one good enough to validate taking 9th overall.

Answer is yes, sort of.. While I'm in the LB wish camp, if the Bills decide their future QB isn't on the current roster, then trading this pick for a young veteran QB may develop. We've been ranked no higher than 25th offensively for 6 years. No coincidence that our QB play has been poor at best during this stretch. With ML/FJ at RB, Evans and possibly T.O. and an up and comer in Nelson, decent QB play will hasten a return to relevance. Denver/Chicago (Cutler) proved anything is possible. JMO.

IMO, the order of preference should be

1. Okung

2. Cody

3. McClain

Okung will be gone, but one of the other two should be there. McClain's talent and Cody's game changing ability can't be ignored by a team that is so bad against the run. There really isn't anybody else to consider as far as I'm concerned.