King on Cowher

LABills08

Peter King also said the Monday after NFL season ends is Black Monday with all the firings, but said this year will be charcoal, not many firings.

I still think Cowher is going to watching the Newswire coming out of Houston. If Kubiak goes, then there is still a good chance he goes there. That team is more closer than us, especially in the QB department.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are lining up alot more positively for a possible Cowher signing with the Bills than at any other point, having said that, my guess is that you may be right. If he waits it out, he risks Carolina going to the playoffs next year in which he would probably lose out on that ideal possibility, but he may wait it out.

If the Bills offer him that $10Mil a year contract and final say over player personel decisions I think there is a very good chance we could get him.

I think there is a good 50/50 chance that he comes to Buffalo to be our new HC.

If we're ever going to land a coach of Cowher's stature and repute, it does seem like this year is our best opportunity. Black Monday is looking like it will be surprisingly quiet this year. I'm curious how much personnel control Nix would give him. That seems like it would be the most important factor in luring him here.

I still think Cowher is going to watching the Newswire coming out of Houston. If Kubiak goes, then there is still a good chance he goes there. That team is more closer than us, especially in the QB department.

Dude, when are you going to give up this idea that Kubiak is going to get fired?

From the article, a direct quote from Bob McNair, the Texans owner:

"Gary's my coach," McNair said after the Texans rallied to defeat the Patriots and finish 9-7 for their first winning record. "I know there was speculation that he might not be (back in 2010), but he will be. He'll definitely be back. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be."

"Look at the conditions he coached under, especially all the injuries," McNair said. "I like Gary for a lot of reasons. He's got a great offensive mind. He has a great sense of how to push players and when to back off. He also doesn't play favorites. He treats players the same, and they respect him for it."

I also think it is 50/50 the Bills get Cowher

I thinks he likes the running game potential here with Jackson and Lynch. I semi agree with Nix that we are not far away and he would like an experienced coach.

That and what Kelly was saying when he mentioned Cowher about 4 or 5 times during the presser at the Nix hiring tells me they are gonna go all out for him.

If they get Cowher I will go outside and do snow angels in the snow lol

Get er done Buddy, Jimbo, Thurman, Russ and most importantly RALPH.

How sad will it be when Cowher chooses CBS over Buffalo.

Let me say first that I really want Bill Cowher to be the next Buffalo Bills HC. But, the way I see it, if he doesn't want to be here, I don't want him.

If he chooses CBS over Buffalo that's fine. That's his choice. Jimmy Johnson has said that he will never leave his job on Fox to go back to coaching. Does that mean that all 32 cities in the NFL suck because He doesn't want to coach any of them?

Let me say first that I really want Bill Cowher to be the next Buffalo Bills HC. But, the way I see it, if he doesn't want to be here, I don't want him.

If he chooses CBS over Buffalo that's fine. That's his choice. Jimmy Johnson has said that he will never leave his job on Fox to go back to coaching. Does that mean that all 32 cities in the NFL suck because He doesn't want to coach any of them?

C'mon, man. You know damn well it means Buffalo is nothing more than a muddy diaper to him.

Sounds like Kubiak is staying. And another one DOESN'T bite the dust.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...n-next-season/1

During the halftime report Cowher was giving the Buffalo Indy highlights and score. He had this smile on his face that made me wonder if he did'nt already have the job and just had to wait until it was made official. I really think a deal is on the table and it's just a matter of time before it's official.

During the halftime report Cowher was giving the Buffalo Indy highlights and score. He had this smile on his face that made me wonder if he did'nt already have the job and just had to wait until it was made official. I really think a deal is on the table and it's just a matter of time before it's official.

We can only hope

Man stop your making me smile with these kinda of posts lol

I dunno. It's a classic, cheap Ralph hire, and I could see it if Cowher passes on the job. That said, Nix did indicate that he wants someone with HC experience, so I'm less concerned that Ralph will default to Perry. But I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Unless Cowher has already agreed terms -- which I suppose is possible -- this isn't necessarily a pro forma Rooney Rule interview like Jerry Grey's phony interview with the Skins. After all, we're also interviewing Rivera, thus putting us in compliance . . .

Bills have to interview Fewell. Not because of the Rooney rule, but because a classy team generally interviews their interm coach out of respect, esp. if the interm coach performs decently as Fewell did.

A LOT. OK, name me A LOT of other teams worse than here at this point? Just curious. I really want you to prove me wrong.

Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Detroit, St. Louis, Seattle, Washington, (I can name more but will stop now). The first 4 because of talent, the last one because of the owner, who is more meddlesome than Ralph. There are many WORSE spots than Buffalo, esp for a guy like Cower. We have two great RB's, the makings of a good-great O-line if they stay healthy, a decent D line. Plus, the Bills have MUCH better fans and game day atmosphere than any other team in the NFL (with possible exceptions in Pittsburgh and Green Bay). This is team is built for Cower's style, and has fans Cower will appreciate and that will appreciate him.  

im surprised that no one has mentioned that he might see buffalo as a challenge, and that he wants a challenge. if he gets a ring in buffalo, he is a sure fire HOF first ticket for doing something that no one has ever been able to do: win in buffalo. taking our team and actually succeeding would be the perfect capstone for someone who wants to prove that he can win anywhere

How much does Donahoe factor in - does Cowher have extra incentive to come in and do what his rival couldn't? Does Ralph hold a grudge as only Ralph can and do whatever it takes to hire Donahoe's nemesis?