Schefter & Mort say Bills and Cowher met this week

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The word "leverage" comes to mind.

I'd look for Morris, Del Rio, or Fox to get fired tomorrow regardless what we've read to the contrary.

GO BILLS!!!

Edit: Just saw the thread about the Texans. This makes the most sense as they are the closest of all teams mentioned. Good QB, RBs, and defense. All Pro WR and TE (when healthy). They have the pieces already in place. If I were Cowher and winning was the first priority then I'd go to the place with the most potential immediately. Also satisfies his wife's supposed preference for warm weather.

He's planning on going somewhere. He's putting a staff together, that is if you can believe Florio. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...istant-coaches/

If he's putting a staff together, wouldn't that presuppose that he already knows where he's going? I mean, could you honestly hear him on the phone asking someone to be his OC or DC but not being able to tell them where they'd be working?

Thanks for the link.

How come no one spotted him at the airport or Mighty Taco??

We're slippin', Bills fans.

Something tells me if you are trying to lure Bill Cowher, you don't fly him in on a commercial airline.

If he's putting a staff together, wouldn't that presuppose that he already knows where he's going? I mean, could you honestly hear him on the phone asking someone to be his OC or DC but not being able to tell them where they'd be working?

Good point.

i never thought of that, then it must be buffalo, GO BILLS!!!!!!

Not really, unless the co-ordinators really cared where they would be coaching. Plus Cowher knows whos interested and has an idea where he would like to go, he has more then likely let those co-ordinators know the options when he spoke with them. These co-ordinators know there 32 options where they could go, rule out atleast 1/2 those destinations as places not changing coaching staffs and so on and they can probably count on one hand the places they could end up working with Cowher.

Yeah, I seem to remember that rumors were that Gibbs was putting a staff together and then a day or so later he agreed to come back to the Skins. This is all if we believe Florio though, I'm not impressed with his "sources" and think that he makes a lot of this crap up just to get hits to his website.

Damn! Who dropped the ball here???? :thumbdown:

Whose job was it to stake out Prior Aviation last week????

B-)

Really, though, well done by OBD. Even if they had a couple beat reporters in on it, it doesn't seem likely to me they'd drive him in from Rochester in a Taurus..