LMAO cheap, scared Ralph at it again.

DarthICE

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, let's fire Modrak and Guy.

Prior to a hire like this, I would have agreed.

With a competent GM now in place, I feel better overall about the judgements that will be made with the football operations of the Bills.

If that means firing both of them, then great. Get rid of them.

If it means keeping Modrak and firing Guy, then I'm ok with that too.

LMAO typical lemming responses. As I said before, you guys will settle for anything. All of a sudden Nix is some outstanding stud when it comes to being a GM. Funny, he is 70 years old and NO ONE has offered him a GM gig before Buffalo did.

Again for those that can't comprehend....we didn't' interview ANYONE outside this franchise! Hell call Ron Wolf, Charlie Casserly etal and at least interview them. Oh no we can't do that they would want too much power for Ralph's liking.

As for as Buddy Nix, he was a scout here, big !@#$ing deal. He was #2 in SD....uh Ok so again what does AJ Smith do? Maybe Nix ran the drafts, maybe he didn't I would like definitive proof Nix and ONLY Nix was in charge of the draft and had FINAL SAY on the picks.

I will say again, unless Modrak, Guy and the entire inept scouting department are canned, we are no better off. Nix can't scout everyone on his own and obviously our scouting dept can't find the right talent with both hands.

For better or worse Buddy Nix is now GM of the Buffalo Bills. for those singing praises of his promotion, I feel you are putting way too much into the fact he has been a part of decent staffs, not the guy running it. But bottom line he is aledgedly running the show here so you better hope he is 1/2 as good as you lemmings make him out to be.

Oh and Wasn't Nix part of the team that drafted Maybin over Orakpo?

The question is,

"Who was making the decisions in the war room?"

Wilson likes to be involved, Brandon fancied himself a "football guy," and many people here feel Jauron had an inordinate amount of influence in personnel decisions

That's possibly 2-3 people who had more say than Modrak or Nix.

So taking the guy who is in 2nd in command for one of the best oragnizations doesn't count??? Because that's what Nix was. How is hiring Nix any different than hiring the 2nd in command guy of the PAts, Eagles, Giants, Steelers, Colts? IMO, the Chargers have the best personnel department in the enitre league. And Nix was a huge part of that. Some people try too hard to find reasons to B word.

Nothing against Buddy, but he retired and came out of it early this year? How many NFL GM's were pulled out of retirement and eventually headed an organization? At 68, he was the #2 in SD with no other team interested in making him their GM, despite several opportunities. The Falcons chose Tom Dimitroff over Nix not all that long ago.

I know/knew a lot of people that are talented in a single area, but weren't cut out for management. And so they advanced to a certain level. Buddy Nix is probably a great scout and personnel director. Now he's in charge of a whole lot more.

This isn't about complaining. It's constructive criticism of an organization, that as we all know, is 0 for its last 10 in playoff appearances. Pardon me for not trusting what they do. Now, if they hire Cowher, well fine. But that's not happening. I see them getting a Jim Fassel type.

Prior to a hire like this, I would have agreed.

With a competent GM now in place, I feel better overall about the judgements that will be made with the football operations of the Bills.

If that means firing both of them, then great. Get rid of them.

If it means keeping Modrak and firing Guy, then I'm ok with that too.

At least you want John Guy gone once and for all, & that's cool.... but I want them both out of here. Buddy Nix will begin to impress me if/when he starts handing out pink slips left & right.

Nothing against Buddy, but he retired and came out of it early this year? How many NFL GM's were pulled out of retirement and eventually headed an organization?

well- there's always our last GM - Marv

so we definitely have a pattern going (not a very successful one, but a pattern none the less)

At least you want John Guy gone once and for all, & that's cool.... but I want them both out of here. Buddy Nix will begin to impress me if/when he starts handing out pink slips left & right.

When he fires Guy, Modrak, and/or Overdorf, it will signal something new. And, when he hires a proven HC. Until that time, I won't believe he even has the authority to do anything more than handle personnel. It is the Bills after all.

Buddy Nix is a great choice.

Build thru the draft and draft players that will fit your system (very important).

Free agency is for medium price short term fix type of players.

The money saved for the above goes to retain your core players (how many good players have we let go and not resign)

He mentioned you build a team for the North East (big, strong and fast) no more smurf DE's/LB's

He will build a team to run, stop the run, and have a QB with a very strong arm.

Wins will be ugly not pretty (but don't we want to win)

An OC/DC that are great teachers

WHAT IS NOT TO LIKE ---

When he fires Guy, Modrak, and/or Overdorf, it will signal something new. And, when he hires a proven HC. Until that time, I won't believe he even has the authority to do anything more than handle personnel. It is the Bills after all.
Yeah, I want to see serious change, not just a reshuffling of assignments. I have no problem with his credentials. His age is a little bothersome, but I think that's more a reaction to the Levy disaster than anything.. I would've liked someone younger, but at least he appears to be very well connected, which this team badly needs. Now, please use those connections to get some good, quality new faces in here.

Nothing against Buddy, but he retired and came out of it early this year? How many NFL GM's were pulled out of retirement and eventually headed an organization? At 68, he was the #2 in SD with no other team interested in making him their GM, despite several opportunities. The Falcons chose Tom Dimitroff over Nix not all that long ago.

I know/knew a lot of people that are talented in a single area, but weren't cut out for management. And so they advanced to a certain level. Buddy Nix is probably a great scout and personnel director. Now he's in charge of a whole lot more.

This isn't about complaining. It's constructive criticism of an organization, that as we all know, is 0 for its last 10 in playoff appearances. Pardon me for not trusting what they do. Now, if they hire Cowher, well fine. But that's not happening. I see them getting a Jim Fassel type.

Fair enough and I do understand the frustation I truly do. I obviously don't live in the negative as much as some but I get whole hardedly where you are coming from.

But if Nix was picked from SD this year by teh Bills, that won't be a good hire? Dimitroff has done a good job but he also has a great owner and the luxury of having a franchise QB fall in his life. Guys get passed over all the time and become successful later on. AJ Smith didn't get his job until Butler died. This didn't make him any less qualified.

And the Cowher talk is great but what if he hires a successful coordinator. If you look around the league, most of the good teams are coached by 1st time coordinators. I know we both want to the Bills to be successful and have different ways of expressing it. You're more cynical than I am and that's fine. But i think giving a the job to a guy who has be a part of one of the most successful drafting teams is a good start.

Time will tell but Wilson had no problem giving Polian and TD full control. If he says it's Nix's team, I have no problem believing him. Here's to 2010 and non-crappy Bills football. :flirt:

For the record, Marv Levy said many of the same things that Nix did today nearly 4 years ago. Those are widely spoken about theories.

Actually doing that is another matter.

I support Levy more out of hope than anything. But his experience in the NFL department isn't close to Nix's. Nix is a quote-quote football guy.

"The only way I could be more of a football guy is if I live longer... I'll be here seven days a week, whatever it takes. I'm not trying to build a resume, I'm not trying to build a legacy. Every decision that we make that I have anything to do with will be to help us win." - Buddy Nix

LMAO typical lemming responses. As I said before, you guys will settle for anything. All of a sudden Nix is some outstanding stud when it comes to being a GM. Funny, he is 70 years old and NO ONE has offered him a GM gig before Buffalo did.

Again for those that can't comprehend....we didn't' interview ANYONE outside this franchise! Hell call Ron Wolf, Charlie Casserly etal and at least interview them. Oh no we can't do that they would want too much power for Ralph's liking.

As for as Buddy Nix, he was a scout here, big !@#$ing deal. He was #2 in SD....uh Ok so again what does AJ Smith do? Maybe Nix ran the drafts, maybe he didn't I would like definitive proof Nix and ONLY Nix was in charge of the draft and had FINAL SAY on the picks.

I will say again, unless Modrak, Guy and the entire inept scouting department are canned, we are no better off. Nix can't scout everyone on his own and obviously our scouting dept can't find the right talent with both hands.

For better or worse Buddy Nix is now GM of the Buffalo Bills. for those singing praises of his promotion, I feel you are putting way too much into the fact he has been a part of decent staffs, not the guy running it. But bottom line he is aledgedly running the show here so you better hope he is 1/2 as good as you lemmings make him out to be.

Who, that we could realistically get, did you want?