Tim Graham "Could Nix sway Schottenheimer to Bills?"

Fingon

Martyball does seem to get teams to the playoffs. That would be just fine with me. I imagine he is dying for a superbowl win and I KNOW we are dying for one. He's the only "senior" coaching candidate that I thought would fit the Bills. (Actually Cowher would too, but I don't think he's interested in coaching at this time and furthermore Idon't think he's interested in coaching THIS team.)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pulling this off the BB.com message boards, but wondering if anyone else heard this on Mike and Mike this am...

"Heard it on Mike & Mike with Adam Sheftler. (Sorry I don't have link but heard it on the radio at my job site today)Bills are throwing the kitchen sink at getting Cowher. Ongoing talks have been confirmed. The Bills team (could it be Modrak, Kelly, & Brandon?)has marked him as their man all along. He also said the Bills are doing everything they can to get him. They also said the only options is now Tampa and Buffalo. Of course the ESPN guys said there is no way he will say yes to Buffalo (because they hate us-and TO would never go there right?). I live 150 miles from Tampa, and the fans are generally against the idea as Morris has the team going in the right direction and his development of their young QB. Also tampa radio said Glazer would have to purge the coaching staff and possible members of the FO to do this. He would probably have to eat $10 million and a second coaching purge in 2 years is unlikely. Carolina has retained Fox and are officially out of the running they said too. Now, not to get our hopes up too much, but things seem to be coming together. It would not surprise me if this is already a done deal. Are the stars lining up at OBD. Is that Sal guy right from his podcast the other night? Does Thurmans comments make more sense than ever now? It's good to see OBD at least trying. What does that say? Let's keep hoping. "

My take exactly.I think Cowher is a done deal and i believe Charlie Weis was interviewed for OC.I could definately live with that .Hopefully Cowher could bring Dick ...........Labeau back with him.That would be quite a coaching staff.

If Cowher comes to Buffalo, I won't be able to stand up in public for a year. Schottenheimer would be fine too.

What... Just six or eight months for Marty?

I think he'd be an excellent consultant for the front office - even if he doesn't want to coach he'd be a tremendous help there by getting the right kind of people and regimen in place.

If Cowher somes to Buffalo, all the better. He's a guy that would fit here as well. I would love it, but I still wouldn't be hurt if Marty ended up being the guy on the sidelines.

Can't say I disagree....

an interesting angle with Cowher is that he was Marty's DC in KC before being the Steelers HC...Could Marty have told/be telling Cowher how great Buddy is???

Just a quick edit...

Didn't Coach Sal also say that Cowher didn't want total control and wanted a strong football guy as a gm???

My take exactly.I think Cowher is a done deal and i believe Charlie Weis was interviewed for OC.I could definately live with that .Hopefully Cowher could bring Dick ...........Labeau back with him.That would be quite a coaching staff.

Nix - Cowher - Weiss - Lebeau - April

That would be some front office and coaching staff.....we can all dream.

Marty? Please how many playoff games has he won?

More than Phillips, Williams, Mularkey and Jauron put together with three different teams.

He's a great coach. Hate to tell you this but count the number of NFL coaches there have

been in the super bowl era and count the number who have even played in the SB or gotten to

the championship game. The have nots will far outweigh the have's. Schottenheimer is

all the things Nix said he is looking for in a coach: a leader and a teacher.

If he would coach the Bills they would get better quickly. It's happened at every stop in

Schottenheimer's career. A coach can't get more proven than that.

Cowher or Schottenheimer would be the best available for this team. Either one would be terrific.

I've always liked Buddy Nix. He's in the same mold as John Butler and Polian. I kind of wish he had experience being a GM first, but If he can bring either Cowher or Shottenheimer here I'd be stoked. I can see Shottenheimer's son being the OC.

More than Phillips, Williams, Mularkey and Jauron put together with three different teams.

He's a great coach. Hate to tell you this but count the number of NFL coaches there have

been in the super bowl era and count the number who have even played in the SB or gotten to

the championship game. The have nots will far outweigh the have's. Schottenheimer is

If he would coach the Bills they would get better quickly. It's happened at every stop in

Agreed. Marty would be a good coach for a young team which the Bills are. It may not be fancy or all that exciting but Marty gets wins in the regular season. The playoffs is what kills Marty but maybe with a good OC it would work better than it has in the past. Marty tends to play too conservative i.e. not too lose come playoff time.

I found someone else who heard the conversation on M&M this am...

"they were talking about Cowher this morning it was around 8:00 in the morning. I heard them talking about Bill Cowher and stopped. They said that there was confusion and that they were not sure about him coming or not. Adam Schefter confirmed that Bill was in talks with the Buffalo Bills, but don't be surprised if a team fires their coach to just try to draw Bill Cowher to them."

:worthy:

From Vic Carucci.............

Current New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, Marty's son, can also be expected to get strong consideration for the Bills' coaching position, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports, as the Bills are strongly considering a bright, young offensive mind to rebuild their team.

I found someone else who heard the conversation on M&M this am...

"they were talking about Cowher this morning it was around 8:00 in the morning. I heard them talking about Bill Cowher and stopped. They said that there was confusion and that they were not sure about him coming or not. Adam Schefter confirmed that Bill was in talks with the Buffalo Bills, but don't be surprised if a team fires their coach to just try to draw Bill Cowher to them."

That "team"would be the Seattle Seahawks.I just hope Cowher isnt using us as leverage

That "team"would be the Seattle Seahawks.I just hope Cowher isnt using us as leverage

One thing I did catch Nix saying about a coach with HC experience is that if they don't land one it will be his fault and not Ralph's...that leads me to believe that the wallet is open for Cowher....

One thing I did catch Nix saying about a coach with HC experience is that if they don't land one it will be his fault and not Ralph's...that leads me to believe that the wallet is open for Cowher....

That is the way that I interpreted it and, I think, the way that Buddy intended it.

You think Buffalo's weather is bad? It rains, on average, like 260 days out of the year in Seattle. That would be the pits. That doesn't really seem like an attractive job to me.

I think its a done deal and we have to wait until the end of the season as Cowher has said.I also believe Cowher asked that we interview Charlie Weis for OC.We will see.I do like Buddy Nix being promoted to Gm also