I like Buddy Nix

PNW_Bills_Fan

I do too.

I especially like his line: "It is hard to throw when you are lying on your back."

It sounds like he knows where the problems are with this team and how to build a team.

I think it was a good hire.

Listening to Buddy Nix I am getting more and more impressed. Not only am I liking what he is saying about most, not all but most but I also LOVE his candor. He is going to make this fun folks. For once I don't feel like the F/o is hiding something. Buddy Nix seems to tell it like it is. I LOVE THAT!

I'll just repost the thread I started so the mods can just delete the other two.

... from Wikipedia ...

Buddy Nix (born December 6, 1939) is currently the General Manager for the Buffalo Bills[1]. He previously was employed by the Bills from 1993-2000. From 2001 until mid 2008 he was the Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel for the San Diego Chargers. There were conflicting news reports on why Nix left. These include 1) that he had retired, and 2) that he had resigned and was open to seeking another Front Office position with another NFL team. Nix was quoted as saying that he was going to play golf, but was open to other offers from other teams.[2].

Nix was born in Carbon Hill, Alabama where he later attended Talladega High School and played linebacker and fullback at Livingston University. Nix also had a successful college football coaching career.

Nix's job with the Chargers was to oversee both pro and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft. Nix was a major reason the Chargers turned around from a losing football team to a rebuilt, winning team.

Number of San Diego Chargers Pro Bowl Players drafted under Nix:

2004 3 Pro Bowlers

2005 6 Pro Bowlers

2006 11 Pro Bowlers

2007 8 Pro Bowlers

Nix is considered by some to be one of the top 5 talent evaluators in the NFL. The Chargers have won 4 out of the last 5 AFC West Titles with Nix as Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel, in charge of college scouting and instrumental to the decision making process of their NFL drafts.

Nix's career has spanned from star college player and award winning college football coach, to scouting in the NFL for the Bills and finally as a Front Office Executive with the Chargers.

Nix came to the Chargers with John Butler and A. J. Smith from the Buffalo Bills where those three Front Office Executives were instrumental in building the Buffalo Bills into NFL contention through the NFL Draft.

Butler died during the Chargers rebuilding years, Smith was promoted to General Manager, and Nix to Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel.

Nix was rumoured to have been on the short list of candidates for the position of General Manager of the Atlanta Falcons, but he was not offered the position.

Nix was named General Manager of the Buffalo Bills December 31, 2009.

... from Wikipedia ...

Number of San Diego Chargers Pro Bowl Players drafted under Nix:

2004 3 Pro Bowlers

2005 6 Pro Bowlers

2006 11 Pro Bowlers

2007 8 Pro Bowlers

And Nix came here just before the 09 draft where we got Wood, Levitre, Byrd (pro-bowler). I'm pretty happy with this choice.

Watching this Interview I like this guys personality and his fire. He has nothing to lose. I like the hire.

I like his personality too.

here's what I thought :

Is it just me or Nix sounds like he spends most of his days in ranch in Oklahoma ??? I can just picture him talking about his cattle with fellow farmers. Sweet.

Coming on the mic right after Wilson made him look like a pimpled-face teenager. Well, almost.

Wilson is not as senile as his look would suggest.

TO will not be brought back next season

Fewell is not going to be the HC.

Marc in Montréal

I wasn't happy at first. Actually, I was highly pissed off. But after hearing Nix out I feel better. He knows what we do. Strength and conditioning needs to be improved, line rebuilt, importance of the draft, pay players who play well instead of letting them walk. He better hire the right coach though.

Yep. Just what we need to turn things around.... a frickin 70 year old GM. What next, Mora, Schottie, Levy, Reeves as HC.

Holy mother mother of Mary.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Schottie would be a great coach for this team. He's a leader, a teacher and a winner and all of those are proven

traits over time with multiple teams. His last season 3 yrs. ago the Chargers were 14-2. He has nothing to prove

in his credentials. I would LOVE him in B-Lo.

I like Buddy's responses which tells me that he has his finger on the pulse of the organization and appears to be a straight shooter -

We will examine why there has been so many injuries over the last three years.

I will speak with Tom Modrak and John Guy in person before making any decisions on their future with the Bills (which means bye bye Tom and John).

He believes (and I agree) that this years (2009) draft was very strong

He believes 2010 draft class will be strong as well

He will allow the to be hired coach to make football player decisions, like TO

i suggest that Ralph's daughter stays away from him, just so there is no controversy on any topic.