What is your favorite hangover "cure?"

BuffaloBill

Ok - there are no recognized "cures" for hangovers. Time, water and sleep are the only real providers of relief. However, everyone seems to have their favorite "cure." What's yours?

As for me, I actually avoid them all together as at my age it takes far too long to recover. However, in the event I am mildly hung-over from the previous day's festivities I find that Vietnamese Pho, basically a beef noodle soup that is mildly spiced, seems to do wonders. Replaces fluids and seems to settle the stomach.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - there are no recognized "cures" for hangovers. Time, water and sleep are the only real providers of relief. However, everyone seems to have their favorite "cure." What's yours?

As for me, I actually avoid them all together as at my age it takes far too long to recover. However, in the event I am mildly hung-over from the previous day's festivities I find that Vietnamese Pho, basically a beef noodle soup that is mildly spiced, seems to do wonders. Replaces fluids and seems to settle the stomach.

You get hungover? Amateur....

You must just stay drunk ... It is one way to avoid the hangover.

Nah, if you drink sh-t booze or take shots of sugary crap then you will be in trouble. Plus moderation, if you slam drink after drink you are sure to work yourself into a hang over. Sip slow and enjoy the buzzzzzzz.

Nah, if you drink sh-t booze or take shots of sugary crap then you will be in trouble. Plus moderation, if you slam drink after drink you are sure to work yourself into a hang over. Sip slow and enjoy the buzzzzzzz.

I get this ... as I mentioned my days of anything more than a very mild hangover are way behind me. Now I am up at 5 and at the gym by 5:45 - something I know I could not do if I did not practice moderation as you suggest.

I am just curious to hear what people think may be a "cure."

I get this ... as I mentioned my days of anything more than a very mild hangover are way behind me. Now I am up at 5 and at the gym by 5:45 - something I know I could not do if I did not practice moderation as you suggest.

I am just curious to hear what people think may be a "cure."

Not a cure, but a preventative......One glass of water for every drink.....you pee a lot, but it definately helps in avoiding a hangover.

Drink lots of water

Have sex

Go to Bed and Sleep

Wake up and go pee

Drink lots of water

Have sex

Go to Bed and Sleep

Wake up and go pee

Drink lots of water

Have sex

Tell her to go home

Take a shower

Crash on the couch and go back to sleep

Wake up and go pee

Make a Cup O' Noodles - The broth is good for hangovers :thumbsup:

Drink lots of water

Watch lots of football

Drink lots of water

Have sex

Go to Bed and Sleep

Wake up and go pee

Drink lots of water

Have sex

Go to Bed and Sleep

Wake up and go pee

Drink lots of water

Have sex

Tell her to go home

Take a shower

Crash on the couch and go back to sleep

Wake up and go pee

Make a Cup O' Noodles - The broth is good for hangovers :thumbsup:

Drink lots of water

Watch lots of football

:wallbash::wallbash: does the sex have to occur with another individual?

I don't get hungover ever. That being said there are a few things you can do to prevent getting hungover. 1- Eat before you drink, 2- take two aspirins before you start drinking, and 3- drink a few soft drinks as you are drinking to stay a little hydrated.

Those are the only things I can think of but fortunately for me no matter what I do (I mix liquor and beer all the time) I never really seem to get hungover. The only thing that happens the night after I drink is sometimes I have to take a big dump but other then that I never get the typical hangover symptoms at all. I just guess my Polish genes give me special drinking powers or something :thumbsup:

Don't mix your drinks. Start with wine, beer, whiskey? Stick with wine, beer, whiskey. If you're drinking lots of red wine stay away from the cheap stuff. I agree with the lots of water but take several advil before bed. If you still wake up hungover hair of the dog baby and especially this year because you may find yourself drunk again but guess what? It's only Friday!!!!! If you don't like the hair of the dog hit the gym for a nice sweaty workout...followed by hair of the dog....remember, it's only Friday!!!!!!

Same applies to all other get highs. :censored:

Don't mix your drinks. Start with wine, beer, whiskey? Stick with wine, beer, whiskey. If you're drinking lots of red wine stay away from the cheap stuff. I agree with the lots of water but take several advil before bed. If you still wake up hungover hair of the dog baby and especially this year because you may find yourself drunk again but guess what? It's only Friday!!!!! If you don't like the hair of the dog hit the gym for a nice sweaty workout...followed by hair of the dog....remember, it's only Friday!!!!!!