Bills-Falcons Official Game Thread

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt Greggo punt from the 32 in that game years ago against the Steelers? The game with Bledsoe at QB and a win needed to get into the playoffs..?

He had a couple, but the "Preposterous Punt" happened early in the second half at home versus NE. The Bills were down by 3 TD's and hadn't been able to stop NE offensively then punted inside of the 35 on 3rd and short. The ball went in the endzone, the Pats marched down and scored another TD to seal the blowout.

I had my doubts about Williams up to that point, but that sealed the deal that the guy could not be a succesful HC in the NFL.

We have no QB or line, but we should go for it, thanks man........

Again, they're not trying to eek out a win to try and preserve a playoff spot. In that scenario, I could see going conservative and maybe hoping for a break down the line. So you're afraid to play now? Why not just forfeit then? The same non-QB and non-line just got 7 yards. Thanks, man...

We have no QB or line, but we should go for it, thanks man........

so we have an unproven qb and the worst line in the league, and you string the coach up for not trusting his offence? really?

The Bills could have utilized 3rd down as a way to make 4th down more manageable.

Also, the punt decision netted them 17 yards.

So yes, they should have treated that set of downs as 4 down territory.

He had a couple, but the "Preposterous Punt" happened early in the second half at home versus NE. The Bills were down by 3 TD's and hadn't been able to stop NE offensively then punted inside of the 35 on 3rd and short. The ball went in the endzone, the Pats marched down and scored another TD to seal the blowout.

I had my doubts about Williams up to that point, but that sealed the deal that the guy could not be a succesful HC in the NFL.

2. The Punt Game (Nov. 3, 2002): The long-awaited Bledsoe Bowl turns into a dud as the Pats roll, 38-7, in Buffalo. Tom Brady outplays Bledsoe, going 23 for 27 for 310 yards and four TDs. The Pats gain 141 yards on screen plays as Kevin Faulk has a typical big day against the Bills. Gregg Williams makes one of the worst calls in franchise history, punting on fourth-and-2 from the Pats' 32-yard line.