There are several free agents who might fit the bill at QB!

Lenigmusx

If we bring in a free agent to help develop Brohm there are a few QB's in their 30's who might work. Jon Kitna 37 (Dallas) is a possiblity I just don't like him much. The two that I find intriging are Charlie Batch who as back up in Pittsburgh may be willing to jump ship to start somewhere and Joey Harrington who has been behing Drew Brees in New Orleans for a year now and probably has learned a ton. Harrington is only 31 so he could stick around for a while but who knows. Also intriging is David Carr the back up in NYG right now. Thoughts anyone?

If we bring in a free agent to help develop Brohm there are a few QB's in their 30's who might work. Jon Kitna 37 (Dallas) is a possiblity I just don't like him much. The two that I find intriging are Charlie Batch who as back up in Pittsburgh may be willing to jump ship to start somewhere and Joey Harrington who has been behing Drew Brees in New Orleans for a year now and probably has learned a ton. Harrington is only 31 so he could stick around for a while but who knows. Also intriging is David Carr the back up in NYG right now. Thoughts anyone?

Batch is the only one who would be an upgrade over Fitz but he is coming off a season ending injury and as you said on the wrong side of 30.

Kitna, Harrington and Batch all played for Detroit...'nuff said. Wouldn't want any of those guys on the roster.

(How bad are we if folks are advocating picking up cast-offs from the Lions?)

Remember Harrington has been behind brees for a year now. He always had the tools maybe he picked up some of that mojo!

I really wouldn't want them to pick up any of those QBs, but even more, do you really want to invest the future in Brohm? He has been a bust in Green Bay, what gives you a warm and fuzzy that with a veteran to develop him, he can be the future at QB, and we should just commit to him?

Kitna, Harrington and Batch all played for Detroit...'nuff said. Wouldn't want any of those guys on the roster.

(How bad are we if folks are advocating picking up cast-offs from the Lions?)

Hmmm...maybe there is something to this. The Lions must have a very similar QB development program to ours.

The guys in the league that were #1 picks were picked that high because on an insane amount of talent, the "busts" usually got drafted by a horrible team, in immediate need of a QB, they were rushed to the field, and expected to get their horrible teams into games. The team was usually behind, so it became a pass first situation, and they had no O-line, or defense, and on and on.

Then their confidence was completely shattered.... I would think if you wanted to get a good QB, it would start with a good QB coach and OC, which we apparently don't have. I bet Harrington and/or Carr could still be a decent QB in the NFL, and I bet they would each like a shot at redemption.

The problem is we flame out QBs, not help them. We have had 2 young talents completely trashed here in the last 5 years. AVP, you ain't gotta go home, but you can't stay here.

I thought Kerry Collins might be a good fit for us as we bring along a qb.

We may have to trade for him but couldn't see anything higher then a 5th/6th rounder.

no !@#$ing way. I had to put up with Bledsoe for years. Collins is a poor mans Bledsoe :wallbash:

I really wouldn't want them to pick up any of those QBs, but even more, do you really want to invest the future in Brohm? He has been a bust in Green Bay, what gives you a warm and fuzzy that with a veteran to develop him, he can be the future at QB, and we should just commit to him?

You clearly have no idea who Brohm is if you are going to label him a bust in GB. How can you label a QB who has only been in the league 1-1/2 years and was stuck behind the top 5 QB in this league and another young guy GB felt was more ready to play if Rodgers got hurt?

Seriously, calling Brohm a bust is about as dumb as those who claimed Trent is great. The kid has not thrown an NFL pass in a game yet and was a highly touted QB coming out of college 1-1/2 years ago.

I love how Trent apologists want to give Trent every excuse in the book, including it takes time to develop, yet people are calling Brohm a bust becuase in his first and only full year he didnt claim the #1 or #2 spot in GB.

No one is claiming Brohm is going to be great, but claiming him to be a bust is about the dumbest thing we can say about a guy who has never played and is in HIS SECOND YEAR...didnt put that in caps to yell, just to highlight that important tid bit of info...

So why not let the kid play before you use your scout like eye to declare such a top QB prospect a bust.

I still think Jeff Garcia has a solid 2 years left in him.

I never understood why he was chased out of San Fran, did not catch on in Philly, and was given the raw deal in Tampa.

He only wins (and kicks @$$ while doing it).

Nobody among those you mention has had any level of sustained success in the NFL. The Bills would do better to see what Brohm has and to draft another QB. Not to mention until the Bill solidify their tackle situation QB play is not likely to et any better.

You clearly have no idea who Brohm is if you are going to label him a bust in GB. How can you label a QB who has only been in the league 1-1/2 years and was stuck behind the top 5 QB in this league and another young guy GB felt was more ready to play if Rodgers got hurt?

You're right, bust is too strong after a year and a half, but come on, Brohm lost out to a 7th rounder who was drafted the same year that he was. That does not make him look good at all.

one of these qb's is nothing more than a career back up and the other two are a busts. why would anyone want harrington or david carr on the roster. if u want to pursue a veteran backup or possible starter with a good resume a guy like jeff garcia would fit the bill

Seriously, calling Brohm a bust is about as dumb as those who claimed Trent is great. The kid has not thrown an NFL pass in a game yet and was a highly touted QB coming out of college 1-1/2 years ago.

I love how Trent apologists want to give Trent every excuse in the book, including it takes time to develop, yet people are calling Brohm a bust becuase in his first and only full year he didnt claim the #1 or #2 spot in GB.

No one is claiming Brohm is going to be great, but claiming him to be a bust is about the dumbest thing we can say about a guy who has never played and is in HIS SECOND YEAR...didnt put that in caps to yell, just to highlight that important tid bit of info...

So why not let the kid play before you use your scout like eye to declare such a top QB prospect a bust.

you must still be reading the media hype from Brohm's junior year at Louisville.

they guy was cut by Green Bay after beaten out by a 7th round rookie.

Nobody wanted him so GB carried him on their practice squad all year. Still nobody wanted him until the Bills claimed him

Green Bay, who knew how "good" he was, failed to outbid the Bills for his services.

Although the guy is probably worse than Fitz, Brandon will be able to spin him as the next savior unless he actually plays in the next 2 games and shows how bad he really is.

my thoughts are that they all suck!