Buffalo a "real player" for Vick next year

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really torn on this. Actually, I'm not. I'm a big animal rights proponent, and so it would be a pretty easy decision for me - I'd walk away from the Bills. Personally, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

I own an organic pet company, and think Vick put in his time. However, and no pun intended, he's on a short leash to show he's actually a changed man or if he's just playing by the rules so he can continue to get a paycheck.

I think you're just looking for an excuse to walk away from the Bills :rolleyes: But honestly, I don't blame you. Would you keep eating at a restaurant that consistently fed you crap?

I own an organic pet company, and think Vick put in his time. However, and no pun intended, he's on a short leash to show he's actually a changed man or if he's just playing by the rules so he can continue to get a paycheck.

I think you're just looking for an excuse to walk away from the Bills :rolleyes: But honestly, I don't blame you. Would you keep eating at a restaurant that consistently fed you crap?

What in the world is an organic pet?

I'll give up my season tix if that happens. Not only was it reprehensible what he did, but he is certainly not going to lead you anywhere. When he was at his prime he was an okay QB with exceptional athletic talent. He is more of a situational QB now. He does not give you a consistent chance to win and puts you back another 3-4 years in terms of getting a franchise QB.

TO=2009 Marketing Tool

Vick=2010 Marketing Tool?

Anything to sell tickets and cover up a product which defines mediocrity this decade. That is, if it happens.

I would take mediocrity , for a while, this has not been mediocrity , its been losing

I dont understand.

supposedly, we dont know who our GM will be yet.... But somehow, the media knows who this GM who may not have even interviewed yet will select to be quarteback of this team.

Technically it could be true I guess since the guys who looked at him earlier this year are still technically the guys in charge. Get back to me in two weeks on that though.

personally, i could give a flying :rolleyes: what these guys do with their spare time. if he can win, good. bring him in and lets win.

i'm not going to throw a hissy fit at what he did 3 years ago and then served his time for. he knows he's lucky to have been given a second chance, and hopefully he'll make the best of it, and I hope that chance comes here in buffalo.

and yes, I do own and love animals

what i dont understand is why everyone saying he is not a good qb...he beat brett in lambo, he got all the way to the nfc championship with no wrs, and he wasnt a pro bowler...what the hell are you guys looking at what accuracy ok ill give you that but your accuracy drops if your receivers drop passes every other pass...but brian brohm is that great right :rolleyes: PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS...if he didnt kill dogs it wouldnt be a problem, if thats the reason then say thats why...stop with all the he's not a good qb crap...

and one of you a-holes said if it was peyton or tom who killed dogs and wanted to come to the bills thats fine but because mike isnt as good as them you dont want him...WTF is that....sounds racial to me....

i dunno if bringing vick in would help our team any with the qb issues that we've got.

Who do you know would help our team at QB? There are maybe a half dozen guys that we can realistically say with some certainty could come in here and make an impact and those guys aren't leaving NE, Indy, NO, etc..

It's desperate times here. I don't know exactly how clear it needs to be made. For some reason a lot of unrealistic fans just keep expecting this team to just become good overnight because it's their turn or something. You need impact players and excellent coaching, and since everyone is looking for those things sometimes you've gotta' take chances.

what i dont understand is why everyone saying he is not a good qb..

He may not be a good qb, but what the Bills have at QB is putrid. How this front office managed to come into an NFL season with 3 QB's and none of them could even make all the throws required of an NFL QB......dumbfounding. I understand arm strength is overrated, but if you can't hit the deep out by either having a gun or anticipating the route.....you need to get a different job.

This current regime is looking at brohm as the "long term" answer at QB.

IF they choose to sign Vick, its a short term fix to help them until Brohm is ready, and maybe as a "special weapon" in a Wild Cat offence.

As for Vicks play this year, he really hasn't been given much of a chance in Philly, I will wait to pass judgement until he has had a full training camp to work with a team

I almost hope Ralph does this. At this point, I hardly need it as a reason to throw in the towel on this farce of an owner and his merry band of mental midgets, but it will definitely clinch it so that I don't feel guilty for flipping the Bills the ultimate bird. Because seriously, they could win the !@#$ing Superbowl with this schizo monster and it would feel slimy to me. !@#$ that ****. It's one thing to suck. It's quite another to publicly champion, and richly reward, a man capable of such monstrosity.

But a guy who's been so unabashedly bilking this sad, sad community of sports fans for as long as he has certainly already deserves consideration for the place down below when he finally drops dead. Giving a Bills uniform and a wagonfull of cash to Michael Vick should clinch the deal. :rolleyes:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rumor-Nation-7527.html

Take it for what it is, which is an unverified "scoop." That said, Lombardi was a GM for many years and has a wide network including NFL front office execs and agents.

I am really torn on this. Actually, I'm not. I'm a big animal rights proponent, and so it would be a pretty easy decision for me - I'd walk away from the Bills. Personally, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

So let me get this straight...you would walk away from the bills if they signed a guy who abused animals, and did his time for the crime...but you have never walked away from the bills when they had women beaters on the team.

So let me get this straight...you would walk away from the bills if they signed a guy who abused animals, and did his time for the crime...but you have never walked away from the bills when they had women beaters on the team.

He didn't "abuse" animals, he tortured and murdered them. When the Bills sign a player who has done that to women, let me know.