Where would you start to fix this squad?

Well, since you asked.....

1. I'd hit the record Mega Millions jackpot for $975 billion.

2. I'd buy the Buffalo Bills.

3. I'd fire just 'bout everyone.

4. I'd hire a good up and coming personnel guy or someone who has the knowledge but needs a change of scenery (Cerrato got a raw deal in Washington, so did Kokinis in Cleveland). I'd let that person bring in the coach they want to bring in (like what Dimitroff did by bringing Smith to Atlanta), making sure that everyone (myself, my GM, and my coach) is on the same page as far as what we want to do.

5. Speaking of.....I'd want to bring in guys who want to run a 3-4 defense and a run oriented offense and bolster both lines by adding bigger, stronger guys up front.

6. I'd be patient w/ the changes and let the chips fall where they may.

Cerrato got a raw deal in Washington? Really? Living here I would have to question either your information or your sanity. Vinny had no business running the Redskins, he was Snyder's butt-buddy. Now that he's fired, Allen will hire Gruden and right the ship. BOLD PREDICTION...SKINS GET WILD CARD IN 2010.

Cerrato got a raw deal in Washington? Really? Living here I would have to question either your information or your sanity. Vinny had no business running the Redskins, he was Snyder's butt-buddy. Now that he's fired, Allen will hire Gruden and right the ship. BOLD PREDICTION...SKINS GET WILD CARD IN 2010.

Okay. So it was all Vinny's idea to forego the draft and trade away all of their picks for aging free agents, as he did in his first stint in Washington? Then, he "wised up", and the second time 'round, he decided to actually try to draft players, but he forgot how to do what he had done so successfully in San Fransisco? Uh huh. If Cerrato had nothing but a track record of failure in terms of his drafting of personnel, then I'd agree w/ the angry DC mob. But considering the drafts during his tenure in San Fransisco (91-98) brought in the following..

DT Ted Washington

RB Ricky Watters

FS Merton Hanks

DT Dana Stubblefield

QB Elvis Grbac

DT Bryant Young

LB Lee Woodall

QB Jeff Garcia (signed as UDFA)

WR Terrell Owens

C Jeremy Newberry

S Lance Schulters

FB Fred Beasley

...I'd say he does okay as a personnel guy. All of the above players were Pro Bowl players back when it mattered (before players got "injured" and their replacements got "injured" and the 4th choice was selected), too.

Now, where I do agree w/ the angry mob is in how Cerrato ignored the lines for much of the past decade. Since the last real stud lineman they drafted was Chris Samuels back in 2000, I'd say it could qualify as "ignoring". That is probably a huge reason why the Redskins have faltered so much in recent years. Again, you have to wonder was this all on Vinny, or did Snyder have a hand in it. Now if he lands another GM gig, gets free reign to handle things, and falls flat on his face yet again, then I'd have to admit he's in over his head.

Free Agency- Line any part of the D, let the interior o line gel people. You cant just keep plugging in player after player. Take a look around the league, the best squads have o-lines that have been together for awhile.

O lines credit alot from a good QB who can pick up the blitz and point out where its coming from and call O-line blocking shifts.

Draft - QB, LB, OT

Okay here is my 2 cents

- Get your front office in order now (GM). Not necessary to wait until the end of the season unless you have a specific

person in mind that is currently employed with another team.

- Employe a headcoach that can bring in former HC's as OC and DC. Similar to what Levy did with Marchibroda.

- Focus on free agency, 1 LT, 1 LB, 1 QB people that can start, no more of these Fitzpatrick signings.

- Prepare for the draft, target players that we may be able to attain additonal picks for. We would like three additional

midround picks here.

- Focus on LB, OT, DE, DT, QB, G. We have to focus on both lines

- After draft focus on filling any available holes in the line up though FA.

* Approach the draft and FA as if we were an expansion team. No present player needs to be annointed the starter for

2010 at any position.

* No need to switch to a 3-4 defense but we do need a divorce from the Tampa 2.

* When looking at draft picks emphasize the game film of players over the combine olympics.

We tend to get overly impresses by what players can do at the combine over what they can do on the field.

* Take a year off of cb's

* No more Penn St. players . They take to long to develop.

* Draft people for their original positions ie. if we need a LB don't draft a big safety. No more tweeners.

1. Draft O-line 1st and 3rd round.

2. Draft a QB in the second round as there is a glut of them this year.

3. Pick up a quarterback in free agency.

4. Cut James Hardy and keep Steve Johnson.

5. Pick up a D-lineman in free agency who can pass rush.

6. Move Maybin to linebacker.

That's my start...

Where would I start to fix this squad?

I would initiate a restraining order against Ralph Wilson, allowing him to remain as Bills owner, but not allowing him to have any contact with the team. (House arrest in Detroit would be nice.)

After that, there is hope for real change.

I'm really suprised that NO ONE has mentioned this yet.... Weed out the losers on this team, and IF that entails "blowing the roster up", DO IT!! A culture of losing is permeating throughout this entire organization, and that is why Ralph said that NO JOB IS SAFE!! I agree with the basic premise that a General Manager is first and foremost. Then let him choose his own Head Coach, be it experienced or "hot shot" coordinator. Now, let that coach build his own staff, all by himself, because he sinks or swims with his picks. February is the month to weed out and evaluate the roster. Trade whomever has any value, without being swindled by anothet team. March brings free agency, and by now, the front office and coaching staff working in harmony "targets" the talent neccessary to start the rebuild. April's draft HAS TO BE the first of several in a row that reap ALL Pros and playmakers, something some of us will hardly remember!! Sign the draft picks ON TIME and get their a$$es to camp. RUN A HARD NOSED CAMP, no camp paradise! Oh, in between (somewhere around late January) fire the strength and conditioning staff and hire a new one! The QB is of prime importance, so find the next GREAT QB to run the show. Simple really, if it is attacked boldly and asstutely. Any questions?!?!

Note: I also believe in big, tough and NASTY players who are completely and wholely dedicated to WINNING, bring in the horses!!!!

Well, since you asked.....

1. I'd hit the record Mega Millions jackpot for $975 billion.

2. I'd buy the Buffalo Bills.

3. I'd fire just 'bout everyone.

4. I'd hire a good up and coming personnel guy or someone who has the knowledge but needs a change of scenery (Cerrato got a raw deal in Washington, so did Kokinis in Cleveland). I'd let that person bring in the coach they want to bring in (like what Dimitroff did by bringing Smith to Atlanta), making sure that everyone (myself, my GM, and my coach) is on the same page as far as what we want to do.

5. Speaking of.....I'd want to bring in guys who want to run a 3-4 defense and a run oriented offense and bolster both lines by adding bigger, stronger guys up front.

6. I'd be patient w/ the changes and let the chips fall where they may.

R. Rich, if you need a trustworthy partner, I could help, because I really like this idea.

1. Front Office

2. Coach

Then let chips fall where they may. I think we are going to need at least three years to get this ship headed in the right direction. Obviously, we have OLINE DLINE, QB and LB needs. Don't draft a QB this year. Too much to risks and if he is a bust and then the culture of losing will just drag on longer. Draft a sure thing who can at least start and hopefully make an impact. McClain LB...or Suh if available (likely not). Then O Line and D Line rest of the draft. Following year if Brohm is not the answer then go franchise QB after O line hopefully has a year to gel. Who freakin knows though, there are just so many needs and uncertainties. GO BILLS

Having lived in the Philly area for a decade I watch a lot of the Eagles as a perennial playoff contender:

1. Hired a coach/GM off a proven coaching tree (Reid from Holmgren, subsequently divested of GM title)

2. Had an Overall Vision and STUCK WITH IT and drafted around it (WC Offense; Pressure Defense)

3. Drafted early on a strong armed, mobile, coachable franchise QB in McNabb even though they got laughed at and booed

4. Consistently address the O and interior D lines early and often in the draft, too many examples to list (NEVER running backs (Westbrook 4th round), linebackers (name one) or safeties (Dawkins an exception in the 2nd before Reid got there)).

5. Trade down when they see no value, not afraid to stockpile draft picks (see budding star Jackson, their first pick after trading down, in the second round)

Like Marv said, simple but not easy.

Running first isn't the way to win in the NFL anymore.

Until we have a first rate offensive line and a quarterback it is the only way to win. Time of possession and physical run blocking and a mediocre qb pretty much dictates what we can do. I wanted a TE in free agency not only to solidify the O-line but as a pass receiver in the system for the next year. The pass game as a top priority comes later when we have a real offense. That isn't going to happen next year.

Cerrato was Lou Holtz' recruiting coordinator when he was a national championship winning coach @ that school. He then went on to draft guys like Dana (former NFL Defensive Player of the Year) Stubblefield, Bryant (NFL all 1990s team) Young, and some smallish DT named Ted Washington. So yeah, he may know a thing or two 'bout personnel. As for his Washington stints? Please. You think those were all HIS moves and not Dan Snyder's?

Eric DeCosta would be a better choice

anyone associated with Lou Holtz is tainted by his recruiting violations which put every school he ever coached at on probation after he left.