[closed]Thurman Thomas

“I'm into it. I'm not like Jim (Kelly) and want to be an owner but, I want to be a part of the turn-around. They know that. I've had some conversations with Russ Brandon. They're well aware of my situation and what I want to do over there. I want to be a part of this big splash that they're going to make."

“I'm into it. I'm not like Jim (Kelly) and want to be an owner but, I want to be a part of the turn-around. They know that. I've had some conversations with Russ Brandon. They're well aware of my situation and what I want to do over there. I want to be a part of this big splash that they're going to make."

The dude is bored but if he can help so be it.

News Flash. The NFL does not want a team in Buffalo anymore.

On the one hand, I'm excited that some NFL experienced players of Kelly's and Thomas' ilk are involved in improving the Bills.

On the other hand, does anyone else get a slightly turned stomach feeling that former players have to tell the front office how to do its job?

Can anyone imagine OJ or Joe D counseling Polian on how to build a winner?

I love the alumni support and input, but methinks this makes yet another strong case that we need a strong front office not staffed by anyone named Brandon, Modrak, or Guy.

If former star players made a difference I would think you'd see more of them with their old teams. But really it almost never happens. Think about why that is. Then read up on Dan Marino's tenure in the Miami Dolphins front office.

PTR

His "tenure" lasted 3 weeks and he resigned after finding out how much work a SVP of Football Operations actually has to do.

I don't know if Thurman is talking about being a SVP, but what I think he is saying is maybe being part of the new "ownership group", or a consultant of some sort.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.