With Washington and St. Louis in dire need of a QB

LABills08

We might need to solve the QB situation elsewhere.

Edit: And I forgot to mention that the Browns will likely be looking.

If thats true we need Quinn. I dont like Notre Dame and am not some homer. I have watched Quinn in the pros and he has it. If he were on a good team he would be dominant. Quinn ends the search at QB and if we can draft 4-5 OL and have a somewhat competent team next season.

After that I think we have to wait till next draft for a QB. Mallet and Locker may be there and they could be better prospects by that time. Hopefully Andrew Luck declares as well - which would be perfect if my Xmas wish of Jim Harbaugh were to be granted.

If thats true we need Quinn. I dont like Notre Dame and am not some homer. I have watched Quinn in the pros and he has it. If he were on a good team he would be dominant. Quinn ends the search at QB and if we can draft 4-5 OL and have a somewhat competent team next season.

After that I think we have to wait till next draft for a QB. Mallet and Locker may be there and they could be better prospects by that time. Hopefully Andrew Luck declares as well - which would be perfect if my Xmas wish of Jim Harbaugh were to be granted.

Brohm has so much more upside than Quinn...he is more accurate and has a way bigger arm. I guess you and I are watching different versions of Quinn because what I have seen of him reminds me a lot of Trent, and thats not good.

Having Edwards and Fitzpatrick BOTH nursing ankle injuries might be the best thing that could happen - Perry Fool will now be FORCED (kicking and screaming all the way, to be sure) to take a look at and probably start Brian Brohm, who is likely the most talented QB on the Bills roster at the moment.

Thoner, again, this is not a complete thought. Even if I buy your opinion of Quinn (which I don't, but I could be wrong), the question is: what would you be willing to give up for him?

There's plenty of players I'd like to see on the Bills roster but not at any price. Are you saying for instance that you'd send the Browns the 10th pick in the 2010 draft? If not, what?

We should NOT draft a qb with the first pick. First, there isn't a franchise qb in the mix this year. Second we have NO offensive line to protect a qb. Third There will be a first rate tackle prospect or a dominant Defensive Tackle available to us. We need one or the other a lot more than we need a qb. The mantra should be to fix this team from the line of scrimmage back. Fitz is okay for next year, unless Bohm earns the spot. The free agency money should go to a great tight end (there are a few available) and an outside linebacker (assuming ...not too much of an assumption...that Maybin isa bust as an OLB.) The draft is for poundage on the O and D line.

We might need to solve the QB situation elsewhere.

Edit: And I forgot to mention that the Browns will likely be looking.

I only wish you are correct.

We could REALLY use DT's McCoy and Suh!

If either one of those 2 fell to us, GET 'ER DONE!

We should NOT draft a qb with the first pick. First, there isn't a franchise qb in the mix this year. Second we have NO offensive line to protect a qb. Third There will be a first rate tackle prospect or a dominant Defensive Tackle available to us. We need one or the other a lot more than we need a qb. The mantra should be to fix this team from the line of scrimmage back. Fitz is okay for next year, unless Bohm earns the spot. The free agency money should go to a great tight end (there are a few available) and an outside linebacker (assuming ...not too much of an assumption...that Maybin isa bust as an OLB.) The draft is for poundage on the O and D line.

I just threw up in my mouth.

I agree we need to address the lines in the draft, but I have to disagree that Fitz is okay for next year. If we would have had a QB worth a damn on this roster, we would have been able to make a playoff push. That's really how I feel. Fitz is not ready for prime time...nice guy, smart guy, just not cut out to be a starting QB...on the Bills anyway. I really don't even see him as a quality backup. I keep hearing he would be a great backup, but if the starter goes down in a close game, or in a...if you can imagine...playoff game, do you want Fitzy to come in launching errant passes 7 yards downfield? That would be in between him taking sacks of course.

Having Edwards and Fitzpatrick BOTH nursing ankle injuries might be the best thing that could happen - Perry Fool will now be FORCED (kicking and screaming all the way, to be sure) to take a look at and probably start Brian Brohm, who is likely the most talented QB on the Bills roster at the moment.

No sense at calling Perry names. He has done nothing to earn defamation. To make it personal like that only shows how small you are.

I don't think Washington is done with Campbell. He has an 87 QB rating, and has thrown 18 td to 14 INTs this year. We would be 8-6 or 9-5 with those numbers from the QB position.

Bulger is probably gone, as he is making a **** ton of money, and has had very lackluster performance the last few years.

If Washington decides to dump Campbell they're dumber than a box of rocks. The kid has had a different OC every year he's played and the Skins OL makes our look like the "Hogs" of the mid 80's.

Anyone who watched the game last night saw just how bad Washington's OL is. I never thought I'd say this but even our OL gives a QB more time to throw than that abomination in DC.

Tennesseeboy this is Virginia boy. PUT DOWN THE MASON JAR OF GRANDPA'S RECIPE!!!!!

Fitz is not ok for next year. He is a third string QB. We can do better at QB and draft 4-5 lineman and a couple linebackers.

I say we take either a QB and Lineman with the first 2 picks and then draft lineman the next 4 rounds. We can get upgrades at LB in free agency if we don't pay a TO 6mil.

Our highest realistic draft position is 6th. If we win either of our last 2 games, it's probably more like 10th. The 5 teams we're not going to catch are:

St. Louis (needs a QB)

Detroit (no chance of drafting a QB)

Tampa (no chance of drafting a QB)

KC (very little chance of drafting a QB)

Cleveland (strong chance of drafting a QB)

Plus, we probably won't catch Washington either, and it's fairly likely that they might go QB in round 1. Of course, a lot will depend on how free agency goes, so this is all quite premature. But it wouldn't surprise me if both Clausen and Bradford are off the board when our pick arrives. I don't know if there'll be anyone else at that point who can justify a top 10-ish pick.

In a game in which the Browns scored 41 points, Quinn passed for 66 yards and 2 INTs. The Browns didn't do Quinn any favors this season but he's not very good.

And the Rams would be absolutely morons to pass up Suh. And given their coach, I don't think they will. This QB draft doesn't do much for me. Hopefully, Brohm shows something.