Brohm to start?

and what if he struggles behind our sham of an o-line (just as Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards and Fitz have) ?

Does that mean he sucks ?

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't but I cannot imagine what an intelligent person could see out of him in 2 games without a real grasp on the gameplan (if we have one) that will tell you if he is any good or not.

If he happens to complete a pass or two and shows some "poise" there will be a large faction no this board annointing him as the next great one. If he struggles (which he most likely will) there will be a contingent on here claiming he is the second coming of Joe Dufek.

My point is that whatever he does over the last two games really has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not he will eventually be a good NFL QB. People need to relax and not make snap judgments.

That being said, if he completes 1 pass each to T.O. and Trent, I am ordering a Brohm jersey. Just kidding. Go Bills.

You don't have a Brohm jersey yet? WTF??? :wallbash:

Yeah, I agree that how he plays (if he plays) in the final 2 games won't provide the decisive criteria on whether he's the QB of the future - but if he does get some game time and looks poised, decisive, accurate, and effective, well that would be something we haven't seen at the QB position in some time.

We already know what we've got in Fitzpatrick, and Edwards' NFL career is over. Give Brohm some playing time. Its one of the few things in which Bills fans can take interest the last 2 games. JMO.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me? (don't you know members of the press post here?)

I love the Buffalo Media. They're the best! :wallbash: Especially, JW and TG. Those guys rock. B-)

Oh yeah... and I forgot to say... Lori is the rockenest of the rockers! :w00t:

Pssst.

See below:

You forgot Lori. She's part of the local media, and more importantly, a moderator on TSW. Just a suggestion.

:lol:

and what if he struggles behind our sham of an o-line (just as Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards and Fitz have) ?

Does that mean he sucks ?

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't but I cannot imagine what an intelligent person could see out of him in 2 games without a real grasp on the gameplan (if we have one) that will tell you if he is any good or not.

If he happens to complete a pass or two and shows some "poise" there will be a large faction no this board annointing him as the next great one. If he struggles (which he most likely will) there will be a contingent on here claiming he is the second coming of Joe Dufek.

My point is that whatever he does over the last two games really has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not he will eventually be a good NFL QB. People need to relax and not make snap judgments.

That being said, if he completes 1 pass each to T.O. and Trent, I am ordering a Brohm jersey. Just kidding. Go Bills.

This post proves my point:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=103626

Incognito shows up on Wednesday, starts on Friday in between 2 guys he's never met, one of which is mediocre and the other is terrible. And simply because we did not run behind Incognito for 7 straight TD's, a bunch of boneheads are saying that he sucks.

Had we found a way to win that game, these same people would have wanted his name on the wall of fame.

Unfortunately, with the bunch of morons on this board, this comment will honestly be made by some knuckle dragging idiot next Sunday after Brohm plays one game behind a horrible O-line with and Offense that has been one of the worst in football for a decade. If the kid does not come in and suddenly transfer the offense info a re-incarnation of the K-gon, he will be labelled a bust and people will be calling for his head.

The sad thing is that you are so right...

Brohm is easily the QB with the most upside we have ever had here since Kelly retired...hands down. But if he doesnt show it despite not having a single rep up to today with the offense even in practice, only being here 4 weeks, and playing behind a decimated O Line then this board will label him a failure and want to go QB first round again...

This post proves my point:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=103626

Incognito shows up on Wednesday, starts on Friday in between 2 guys he's never met, one of which is mediocre and the other is terrible. And simply because we did not run behind Incognito for 7 straight TD's, a bunch of boneheads are saying that he sucks.

Had we found a way to win that game, these same people would have wanted his name on the wall of fame.

Actually, we were running the ball very effectively - that first offensive series was 'textbook' clock-eating, smash-mouth ground game, right until Perry Fool decided to get all Mularkey and bring in a rookie OL Andre Ramsey - as a Tight End - and promptly kill a sure TD drive with an offsides penalty. After that drive, the Bills pretty much stopped - or slowed - their running attack with Perry Fool's Mularkey-esque 'they think we're gonna run, so let's pass' strategy. :wallbash:

BTW What number is Brohm wearing?

I'm trying to determine how good a QB he's going to be, also if anyone knows what type of car he drives it would be greatly appreciated.

Good points. Number 4. Although in GB, I think he was #11.

I'm not sure about the car. But if it's a BMW, I'm booking my SuperBowl tickets.

What I don't understand is why make this guy the highest paid QB on the roster and not give him any snaps with the regular offense in practice. I can see both sides of the argument on why you would or wouldn't put the guy in live action at this point of the year.

But why in the world wouldn't you give him real practice time? Are they afraid of hurting Ryan's and Trent's feelings?

Brohm?

What I don't understand is why make this guy the highest paid QB on the roster and not give him any snaps with the regular offense in practice. I can see both sides of the argument on why you would or wouldn't put the guy in live action at this point of the year.

But why in the world wouldn't you give him real practice time? Are they afraid of hurting Ryan's and Trent's feelings?

Kind of comical. Brohm paid more than Fitzpatrick who was paid more than Trent.

I assume that's to whom GG was referring. Hard to see him making (much) more than the $1.8M Fitz is getting.

According to USA today Brohm's base salary is 200k with a 900k signing bonus and a 900k "other" bonus. Fitz makes 1.8 million base with a 1.1 million signing bonus.

According to USA today Brohm's base salary is 200k with a 900k signing bonus and a 900k "other" bonus. Fitz makes 1.8 million base with a 1.1 million signing bonus.

I would't put too much credence in that source - the 2009 NFL minimum salary for rookies is $310K, and Brohm's not a rookie.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more accurate subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.