WCW vs WWF

billsfan89

The thread title is very misleading - 'when wrestling was actually good'.

Hah! You children know nothing of GOOD wrestling...REAL wrestling - Classy Freddy Blassie, Bruno Samartino, Dominic Denucci, Toni Parisi, Waldo Von Erich, George 'The Animal' Steele, Pampiro Firpo, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, The Fargo Brothers, Haystacks Calhoun, BoBo Brazil, Mr. Fuji, Toru Tanaka, Killer Kowalski, OMG I could go on and on...

ernie ladd

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread title is very misleading - 'when wrestling was actually good'.

Hah! You children know nothing of GOOD wrestling...REAL wrestling - Classy Freddy Blassie, Bruno Samartino, Dominic Denucci, Toni Parisi, Waldo Von Erich, George 'The Animal' Steele, Pampiro Firpo, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, The Fargo Brothers, Haystacks Calhoun, BoBo Brazil, Mr. Fuji, Toru Tanaka, Killer Kowalski, OMG I could go on and on...

haystacks--601 LBs. He was almost as fat as Mike Williams.

No props for my all time favorite wrestler, Ravishing Rick Rude? The guy was a champion in virtually every wrestling organization he participated in and was a top notch entertainer, one of the very best on the mic ever. Plus, he was a great locker room guy who everyone generally got along w/. You mention the Montreal Screwjob? Well, Rude was in Bret's locker room @ the time he and Vince got into it and backed Bret the whole way. He even made comments on air 'bout it once he left WWF for WCW on the heels of that incident. The funny thing 'bout that was that he was on WCW live that day, but also had taped an appearance for WWF and it was aired the same evening.

No props for my all time favorite wrestler, Ravishing Rick Rude? The guy was a champion in virtually every wrestling organization he participated in and was a top notch entertainer, one of the very best on the mic ever. Plus, he was a great locker room guy who everyone generally got along w/. You mention the Montreal Screwjob? Well, Rude was in Bret's locker room @ the time he and Vince got into it and backed Bret the whole way. He even made comments on air 'bout it once he left WWF for WCW on the heels of that incident. The funny thing 'bout that was that he was on WCW live that day, but also had taped an appearance for WWF and it was aired the same evening.

the ravishing one was great. one of the best played fueds ever was him and jake the snake.....great stuff with the wife on the tights thing ect....

my all time favs in no order

post rockers, pre-dx intercontinental champ days hbk

mr perfect

rvd

wcw chris jericho, ralphus need to come back!

I'm with ya....Rude was awesome. He and Manny Fernadez were one of the most underrated tag teams ever, even though they won some gold. I saw Rude live at the War Memorial for two television tapings, and he was hilarious both times.

Now I don't really watch professional wrestling anymore other then the occasional glance. But recently I heard about Hulk Hogan working with TNA wrestling and that they are going to be doing a live broadcast head to head with WWF/E on Monday night for one night.

But does anyone here remember the old WCW vs WWF monday night war? I was a kid back then and I was really into professional wrestling. But I think that pro-wrestling (Which is mostly **** now) was made awesome by the fact that there was direct competition between (Both had their marquee shows on at the same night on the same time live) Ted Turner's WCW promotion and the WWF.

Were there any fans of the old Monday Night Wars? I loved when WCW first came on and really stuck it to the WWF by stealing their talent and doing things McMahon never thought of and then there was the NWO (With a bad guy Hulk Hogan) and the greatest storyline in professional wrestling history of Hulk Hogan and the NWO vs Sting and the WCW. WWF eventually made stars out of Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock and launched their own more edgier programming.

Eventually WCW lost out in the ratings battle due to its inability to push their younger guys like Chris Jerico and the fact that they ruined the one guy they did push in Goldberg. WCW also wasn't helped out by the AOL Time Warner take over which really hurt their product. BUT since then wrestling has gone to **** mostly due to lack of competition. Was anyone else a huge fan of the old WCW vs WWF rivalry?

Yes. The talent was better, the storylines more compelling. And vastly superior announcing as well. Bobby Heenan was the greatest.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you just call me a weasel?

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

(The one and only. :lol: )

"I'm a hero." :worthy:

There are many things I want to add about my love with wrestling, but I wanted to show you all this video that was taken, I think 3 years ago.

It's an interview with Bobby Heenan taken by a Milwaukee sports station.

For those who do not know, Bobby Heenan had throat cancer, and due to surgery it is a bit difficult to understand what he is saying in this interview.

Nevertheless Bobby has not lost his sense of humor, nor is he afraid to tell it like it is. For those of you who have missed Bobby Heenan enjoy this video.