Locker staying in school

JCBoston

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one, am a little disappointed that Locker is not declaring. It just means that there is one person that is not going to get drafted in the top 10 before the Bills pick and one less person to fall to the Bills that they could draft.

I still think that he should've declared as other posters have said, he will be losing a lot of money if he doesn't live up to the hype next year.

I also think that the posters who say the Bills will not be drafting a QB in in the 1st round in next year's draft because they picked up Brohm are out of their farking minds. The front office, who plucked this practice squad player from another team who hasn't taken a snap in the NFL, is more than likely not going to have a job within the Bills organization next year. Whoever the new regime is will determine if Brohm is worth a shiite and if they declare that he is not, then they will be looking for a QB somewhere in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

I live in Seattle and am happy to be able to watch him another year as a Husky.

He needs more seasoning ... he has obvious talent but has had some injuries (last year), could use a little more time.

The MAIN reason for him to come out this year had to do with the threatened chance to rookie salaries - seems like they want the rookies to actually PROVE themselves before they suck up an entire team's salary cap money.

Plus I am sure he's better off waiting for Tebow and McCoy to come out and be NFL busts.

Never saw the guy play, but it IS bad news for the Bills if only because in a year that most fans thinks we need a new QB, there will one fewer from which to choose. He would have gone before the Bills pick and that means someone else will go instead, possibly someone the Bills could really use, a QB, a LB or lineman who would fit perfectly in Buffalo.

It also moves Tony Pike - the QB I would be interested in drafting - a little more up the board, which means he will probably be gone by the time we draft in the second round (and not worth drafting with an early pick in the first.)

Yeah, I think you are safe with that one, and I agree.

Now that we have Brohm, I am almost certain we will not go QB in first 2 rounds unless some top QB drops unexpectedly. Brohm is essentially a #1 overall type prospect we got for cheap. If Brohm was in this years draft, most think he would be the top QB taken this year.

We almsot certainly go OL and DL in first 2 rounds...maybe LB somewhere in there too

#1 Overall prospects do not languish on practice squads... behind 7th rounders. The fact that some scouts may have speculated several years ago that this guy could be a top ten pick does not make this kid Peyton Manning.

I think this kid is an interesting prospect that the coaching staff... whomever they may be... should pay close attention to next summer. However, at this point, to even consider him as a starter next year is ludicrous.

#1 Overall prospects do not languish on practice squads... behind 7th rounders. The fact that some scouts may have speculated several years ago that this guy could be a top ten pick does not make this kid Peyton Manning.

I think this kid is an interesting prospect that the coaching staff... whomever they may be... should pay close attention to next summer. However, at this point, to even consider him as a starter next year is ludicrous.

Oh I think you absolutely have to consider the possibility of Brohm as a starter next season - as we sit right now, it's between Brohm and Fitzpatrick, unless we've got another QB that no one knows about. :thumbsup:

Let me be the first to say what a dumb ass. I mean why stay in school and play for free and risk millions of dollars. Look no further to our very own Brian Brohm as an example of why you should go to the NFL as long as you have locked up first round status. I think if you injected truth serum in Brohm he wishes he didn't stay at Louisville when he was locked in as a top 10 pick in the NFL.

Not only did he loose money BUT he really hurt his NFL career. Looking beyond the money aspect (Which is a big thing to overlook but I know there is going to be one guy who is like well its not about the money) Brohm really hurt his career in football. Think about it if Brohm was a top 10 pick he becomes the focus of an organization lets say the Falcons drafted him then he gets a chance to start and gets a team built around him.

Instead he played an extra year (For free) and lost out on 1st round status and became an after thought on the Packers falling to the 2nd round and eventually was ousted to the practice squad and now resides on Buffalo (With no guarantee towards getting the starting job) and making much less then he would have had he come out.

Locker you are putting your lively hood and your career in the NFL in jeopardy for what a school that as soon as you leave won't give a dam about you.

very good point.. take the money and run while you have the chance... there are so many variables that could potentially disrupt/ruin a career...

while Brohm made the wrong decision... looks like Greg Oden of Portland made the right one.

I, for one, am very happy he stayed in school. The facsination with this guy still baffles me. He hasn't won that many games and in not winning many games he hasn't even put up very impressive #'s. I've seen the guy play about 6 or 7 times and he doesn't really stand out as a "the next great QB" type or anything like that. He had one good game versus Cal a couple of weeks ago, likely the best of his career, and you have people at ESPN calling him the next "Steve Young"? What a joke. He made a good decision to go back to school, IMO. If he can work with someone to help him become a more accurate passer then he will be worthy of the possible 1st round selection after the 2010 season. Until then, thanks for staying in school Jake! :thumbsup:

I'm trying to think of which QBs, touted as top-10 picks before staying in school, really improved their stock in the next season. Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, and Brian Brohm went the other way, and all three are disappointments.

It's possible, of course, that the scouts knew something and told them to enjoy stardom while it lasted in college.

Let me be the first to say what a dumb ass. I mean why stay in school and play for free and risk millions of dollars. Look no further to our very own Brian Brohm as an example of why you should go to the NFL as long as you have locked up first round status. I think if you injected truth serum in Brohm he wishes he didn't stay at Louisville when he was locked in as a top 10 pick in the NFL.

Not only did he loose money BUT he really hurt his NFL career. Looking beyond the money aspect (Which is a big thing to overlook but I know there is going to be one guy who is like well its not about the money) Brohm really hurt his career in football. Think about it if Brohm was a top 10 pick he becomes the focus of an organization lets say the Falcons drafted him then he gets a chance to start and gets a team built around him.

Instead he played an extra year (For free) and lost out on 1st round status and became an after thought on the Packers falling to the 2nd round and eventually was ousted to the practice squad and now resides on Buffalo (With no guarantee towards getting the starting job) and making much less then he would have had he come out.

Locker you are putting your lively hood and your career in the NFL in jeopardy for what a school that as soon as you leave won't give a dam about you.

Got to agree. Kiper had Locker as the first guy going off the board, if not the 1st definately in the top 5. He could only hurt himself from this point on as far as draft position goes.