McShay's first mock

Tortured Soul

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and you giving us a lecture about how mock drafts are a waste of time...isn't?

Dude..any time spent on a board is a waste of time...but its fun...that's why we are here...

mock drafts are FUN...lighten up.

;)

Since finding this board, I have had some of the biggest laughs, mostly from how contradictory everyone is from week to week, day to day and post to post.

Examples:

51 - Poz is the best/mediocre/worst mlb in the game, is too slow so he should be moved to olb position where speed is a required asset.

7 - JPLoseman holds onto the ball waiting for the "big play" to develop and ends up taking a sack or turning the ball over. He should check down more often to "keep drives alive."

so when

5 - TE takes over, he becomes "captain check down" because he is too quick to dump off passes (despite the fact he has no time behind a young OL) and therefor must be too timid to throw down field (like JP used to)

Get my point. This board is hilarious. :wallbash:

I want to draft ILB Rolando McClain, he should be there around our eventual draft position. I think he could solidify our run D with Poz moving to OLB. Hoping Maybin can come into his own and get some better technique after his first step, and Kyle Williams and Stroud can step it up next year. Id be willing to take that pick. 2nd rd take OT Trent Williams to help solidify the line...would also be nice to get a vet in Kendall Simmons. 3rd a SS if a decent one is hanging around maybe a Darrell Stuckey. I would like to take a QB in the latter rounds. Id like to see what a Dan LeFevour could do. He has been a 4 yr starter and has shown good skills both passing and on the move. (most total td's in NCAA history). Of course none of this will really matter if we don't get a real GM and HC in Buffalo.

I wouldn't be too thrilled with that pick.

As many of you know, I value the QB position significantly more than I do the OL, but that's actually got nothing to do with my distaste.

I don't have a QB with whom I'm enthralled early on in round 1, so OT looks to be the way to go, but NOT Trent Williams. To slow-footed, ploddy, heavy-legged, however you want to say it.

I'd be way more inclined to go for a better athlete like Anthony Davis from Rutgers or a technician like Brian Bulaga from Iowa.

Or the other option would be to go with a LB like McClain. The other LB I like a lot is Sean Witherspoon (Mizzou), but he'll be around toward the end of round 1 and maybe even into round 2.

As far as QB goes, the best I can envision is taking a flier on a guy like Tony Pike or Dan LeFevour in round 2 or 3. Not that I think much of either of them, but this QB class is looking really weak, so I'd rather take the chance after round 1.

Just my 1 cent.

Terrible pick. He's struggle as a LT and projects best to a RT. I would light myself on fire if that is the pick.

For once we agree. Let's say Buffalo drafts in their usual 10th-12th slot and Williams is on the board. No way do I spend that high of a pick on a RT. The guy needs to be able to play LT in the pros, and he can't do it at the college level.

If there isn't a good QB, LT, or DT on the board, then there's nothing wrong with going DE again. IMO, Derrick Morgan from GT looks pretty good, but it's early. Guys who can consistently get to the QB are not usually found outside the first.

;)

Since finding this board, I have had some of the biggest laughs, mostly from how contradictory everyone is from week to week, day to day and post to post.

Examples:

51 - Poz is the best/mediocre/worst mlb in the game, is too slow so he should be moved to olb position where speed is a required asset.

7 - JPLoseman holds onto the ball waiting for the "big play" to develop and ends up taking a sack or turning the ball over. He should check down more often to "keep drives alive."

so when

5 - TE takes over, he becomes "captain check down" because he is too quick to dump off passes (despite the fact he has had time behind a young OL) and therefor must be too timid to throw down field (like JP used to)

Fixed

;)

True, but credit must also be given to the guys that mean to be funny. The members of this board are often creative and genuinely humorous. I enjoy the puns, sarcasm, and the occasional silliness that lightens things up. My thanks to the guys that throw a little humor into the threads. It helps.

Terrible pick. He's struggle as a LT and projects best to a RT. I would light myself on fire if that is the pick.

Agreed. With Locker not coming out, Bills are likely going to be out of range to get one of the top 2 QBs. Picking number 8 is probably my least favorite pick of the draft.

Pick #8:

Buffalo BillsRecord: 5-8 Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

Williams moved from the right to the left side this year, and hasn't fared as well as in previous seasons but is capable of quickly developing into an effective NFL starting right tackle. He is a tough run blocker who drives his feet once in position, and he can hold his own in pass protection when his footwork is sound.

Don't like it. If there isn't a big time LT on the board then the Bills should look at LB or DE.

Agreed. With Locker not coming out, Bills are likely going to be out of range to get one of the top 2 QBs. Picking number 8 is probably my least favorite pick of the draft.

I really don't see why you've got a problem with picking eighth. Last time Buffalo was 8th, they took the current league leader in unbacked up predictions. Not only that, but that guy set the record for most unnecessary jewelry stolen during one weekend.

With that kind of production, I'd wouldn't mind taking someone 8th in 2010, especially a DB.

I would love it- even if he just plays right tackle. Right tackle is still an essential part of the line- and if he develops, we can give more help to the left side.