Trent Edwards

Guest dog14787

He is meek and cowardly. He can't stand up to AVP or TO. Other people in league see our great 80 yd. Fitz and probably wonder why Edwards isn't playing. Edwards should be playing.

This is like a TV soap opera. The conversations move so slowly, you could miss a week and still be up-to-date with what is happening (being discussed). Fewell chose to hang his star on Fitz. He doesn't want to play Brohm. Trent will only play if Fewell gives up on Fitz or the guy gets injured. End of story.

How many times are we going to bicker about something that is a done deal? OBD has implied that this is the plan. As much as I am tired of the continuous stumping for various elite head coaches to take over the Bills, at least the comments and suggestions are about things that are possible (no matter how improbable).

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is meek and cowardly. He can't stand up to AVP or TO. Other people in league see our great 80 yd. Fitz and probably wonder why Edwards isn't playing. Edwards should be playing.

Newsflash. Other people in the league know exactly what Fewell, AVP, TO, the rest of the Bills org know as to why Trent is not playing. Trent doesn't have heart and he doesn't have the respect of his teamates.

that's funny, because for all the 'potential' that trent has, his numbers are eerily similar to jp losman's.

Just for the record, never once in his NFL career did Trent even sniff JP's 2006 performance (3,000 yds, 19 TDs, 14 INTs).

And JP wasn't good.

And for the poster that made the Flacco comparison: no. Not even close. Flacco has a cannon arm and won almost as many games in his first season as Trent has in his entire career.

All current Bills QBs are lousy, let's move on.

After watching Matt Cassel play the Bills yesterday knowing how much the Chiefs have invested in him and watching our backup QB for a few games, the difference in the Caliber between TE, Fitz and Cassel is obvious in my opinion. Trent Edwards is better then Cassel, he's better then Fitzpatrick, probably better then half the QB's starting in this league.

Trent Edwards regressed because we stuck him behind a rookie O-line. Trent Edwards regressed because our coaching at the HC and OC position over the last 5 plus years has been pathetic. Trent Edwards regressed because of a self centered idiot we brought in at the WR position to supposedly help this ball club. Do you think the Steelers are looking for a new QB after losing to the pitiful Browns and giving up 8 sacks. Big Ben is a championship caliber QB coming back from a concussion and you see the results when playing behind a sub par O-line.

Judging from our offense yesterday, we now have another defensive minded coach trying to run the offense. Fewell, if you are going to run a ball control, run it down your throat type offense which considering our O-line and youth at the QB position is not such a bad idea, put a QB in that can hit the broad side of a barn. If this is the offense you want to run, Captain Check down is the guy for you. Fitzpatrick fumbles and turns the ball over way to much and its a miracle we even beat the pitiful Chiefs in my opinion.

Because of our O-line I really didn't want TE back onto the field this season, but TE can run a conservative offense. He's much more accurate and will not turn the ball over near as much.

Ryan Fitzpatrick cannot beat the Pats, but in my opinion Trent Edwards can and he almost proved it once this year already.

We should let TE play,

Flame away...

Trent doesnt do very well against Cleveland though

Guest dog14787
Newsflash. Other people in the league know exactly what Fewell, AVP, TO, the rest of the Bills org know as to why Trent is not playing. Trent doesn't have heart and he doesn't have the respect of his teamates.

Newsflash, this crap about the team not respecting TE is BS, the team is being intimidated and divided by a self centered, wore out WR with a big mouth. Doesn't have the heart my ass, what? because the O-line can't block? I've never seen TE back away from anything and shown nothing but loyalty to the Buffalo Bills and for what? This? :wallbash:

This is the exact reason Jerry Jones wanted T.O. out of his locker room and the hell away from his QB.

The Dallas Cowboys are putting up more yardage this season then any team in Cowboy history after T.O.'s departure.

Anything other than Brohm under center is just a replay of what we already know. Edwards doesn't have the guts to play QB in the NFL and Fitzpatrick doesn't have the accuracy.

Guts? What do you mean by that? He stands in the pocket and takes hits to make throws at the last second. I truly believe DJ coached him to be captian checkdown. There is no telling what a better HC and OC would do for his confidence and decision making.

Newsflash, this crap about the team not respecting TE is BS, the team is being intimidated and divided by a self centered, wore out WR with a big mouth. Doesn't have the heart my ass, what? because the O-line can't block? I've never seen TE back away from anything and shown nothing but loyalty to the Buffalo Bills and for what? This? :wallbash:

Where oh where is this proof that TO is dividing this team? He may be the most vocal, but he is not the only one who was fed up with Trent. Have you seen Lee or Josh or any receiver come to Trent's defense? No. Listen to the team, they have more confidence in Fitz. Why? Because he is more of a leader and tries to get his teamates involved. He's quicker in reading a defense. Furthermore, Fitz doesn't fall apart when he screws up unlike Trent. Spare me with the "it's the OL's fault." Our line blows, but it's not all on them. Trent has had opportunities.

This is the exact reason Jerry Jones wanted T.O. out of his locker room and the hell away from his QB.

The Dallas Cowboys are putting up more yardage this season then any team in Cowboy history after T.O.'s departure.

The Cowboys total yardage stat is deceptive. They scored more points two out of the three years TO was there, and it was more than just one or two per game. Last year they scored .2 per game less, but keep in mind, Romo got hurt and his 73 year old backup Brad Johnson made TE and Fitz look like Montana and Elway.

IMHO, the Bills are handling this situation correctly. Trent had his chance; the team plays better with Fitz. I think it really is that simple.

Guts? What do you mean by that? He stands in the pocket and takes hits to make throws at the last second. I truly believe DJ coached him to be captian checkdown. There is no telling what a better HC and OC would do for his confidence and decision making.

I agree with this one. Who knows how TE would have turned out if he was on a different team (sitting the bench and learning for a few years from the beginning). It's a coaching staff's responsibility to develop young QBs and it's quite obvious that DJ sent him in the wrong direction. That being said, IMO I think he's done in the league for now. Probably will play a backup role wherever he lands next until the starter gets injured and he gets another shot.

Just for the record, never once in his NFL career did Trent even sniff JP's 2006 performance (3,000 yds, 19 TDs, 14 INTs).

And JP wasn't good.

And for the poster that made the Flacco comparison: no. Not even close. Flacco has a cannon arm and won almost as many games in his first season as Trent has in his entire career.

newsflash. Joe Flacco is a mediocre player with a great line and good backs. The comparison is based on the fact that Joe is an average QB, and so is Trent. What's the difference? Harbaugh, and the Ravens o-line. Compare arm strength all you want, but we've seen trent can make the throws, it's just his confidence (which he no longer has with his crappy oline, and poor coaching) that needs fixing. Look at Fitz's arm. LOOK AT JP LOSMAN'S ARM! don't give me the arm strength argument. It's a joke

It's definitely true. Whatever it was that happened (and I guess maybe it was cumulative), there is no question that whomever is making the decisions at OBD (something else we'll never know) has decreed that Edwards has played his last game as a Bill. It's strange, especially after watching Fitz play yesterday (there is no way Edwards would be WORSE than that, and I for one think he'd be a slight-to-moderate upgrade). But you're right, the decision has been made and they've moved on.

Remember when San Diego gave up on a guy named Drew Brees? I'm not saying TE is the next Brees....TE never had the talent around him to be sucessful. He had a God AWFUL offensive line, no running game, one WR with talent, (I'm not counting the addition of TO as any sort of help whatsoever), and a roster full of TE's that couldn't CATCH...how can anyone expect him to be good with the crap he had here?

Oh yea and don't forget about the "DICKLESS" coach he had the past 3 seasons who taught him how to play "not to lose" and most famous quote was "It's tough to win in the NFL".

Newsflash, this crap about the team not respecting TE is BS, the team is being intimidated and divided by a self centered, wore out WR with a big mouth. Doesn't have the heart my ass, what? because the O-line can't block? I've never seen TE back away from anything and shown nothing but loyalty to the Buffalo Bills and for what? This? :thumbsup:

Are you related to Trent?

Remember when San Diego gave up on a guy named Drew Brees? I'm not saying TE is the next Brees....TE never had the talent around him to be sucessful. He had a God AWFUL offensive line, no running game, one WR with talent, (I'm not counting the addition of TO as any sort of help whatsoever), and a roster full of TE's that couldn't CATCH...how can anyone expect him to be good with the crap he had here?

Oh yea and don't forget about the "DICKLESS" coach he had the past 3 seasons who taught him how to play "not to lose" and most famous quote was "It's tough to win in the NFL".

Excuses excuses excuses....

did anyone notice that with TO getting the attention of Fitz Evans is not being used like he whould be. That's where Trent differs. He doesn't cater to TO's bs.

A Jerry Sullivan piece.

Evans has become a forgotten man, an afterthought in the offense. For much of his career, he was a big-play threat, capable of breaking free for an 80-yard bomb at any moment. Remarkably, Evans doesn't have a single game with more than 75 receiving yards this season.

Terrell Owens was supposed to be a godsend for Evans. With teams concentrating on T.O., Evans would get more single coverage, more room to operate down the field and use his speed and hands to the fullest.

The opposite occurred. Evans has 32 catches for 485 yards. That's 37 yards a game. It goes back before Owens. Evans has averaged less than 40 yards in his last 22 games. He has one 100-yard game in his last 22; one 40-plus catch in his last 18.

That's not what the Bills had in mind when they handed him a four-year, $37.2 million extension 14 months ago. They paid Evans like one of the elite receivers in the NFL. But since signing the deal, he has performed like a marginal wideout.

newsflash. Joe Flacco is a mediocre player with a great line and good backs. The comparison is based on the fact that Joe is an average QB, and so is Trent. What's the difference? Harbaugh, and the Ravens o-line. Compare arm strength all you want, but we've seen trent can make the throws, it's just his confidence (which he no longer has with his crappy oline, and poor coaching) that needs fixing. Look at Fitz's arm. LOOK AT JP LOSMAN'S ARM! don't give me the arm strength argument. It's a joke

I don't know what's with this little "newsflash" thing in this thread, but I think I'll abstain from it.

Anyway, I'm not sure what players or teams you've been watching to make some of these comments. Please enlighten me as to what game you watched that showed you that Trent Edwards "can make the throws", because I haven't seen it. And blame the o-line all you want, but a brief check of my post history will give you all the fodder you need to toss that excuse out the window. The passing game falls on the shoulders of the QB...period. You can honestly say that an even swap of Flacco for Edwards would yield the same results for each team? Hah! And the point about the running backs is utterly useless, as I'm fairly certain that the combination of Lynch and Jackson is every bit as capable as the combination of Rice and McGahee.

So go ahead and call the arm strength argument a joke all you want, but it's for real. Look no further than the very QB you mentioned, JP Losman. I say again that Trent Edwards has never come close to producing the way that JP did in 2006 (~3,000 yards, 19 TDs, 14 INTs), and JP was NOT good.

Hope that clears things up for you. If not, just pretend I put "newsflash" at the beginning and it should make things obvious.

And JP wasn't good.

How many of the games that Flacco "won" were won by his defense? Hell Trent Dilfer won a superbowl with that team. LOL! You are comparing watermelons to peas.

They are the Facts jack! You think this offense can be fixed by bringing in a star QB only?

Survey SAYS! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX WRONG!!!!!!

I never said just a star QB would fix the offense. You need more than that obviously. I just don't think Trent is that good.

I would however think it would be a good building block to get a quarterback in here that can perform. I mean I am tired of check downs and QBs throwing for 86 yards a game personally. But maybe my standards are too high...not sure. hmmm