NYC police officer kills Times Square panhandler

bartshan-83

First of all, I used the headline the article used just to point it out. Pretty slimy IMO...they make it sound like a cop gunned down some bum begging for quarters.

Second, why in the holy hell did the panhandler have and return fire with a Mac-10?? Something seems weird here...

Third, good shot...incredible no one was hurt.

LINK

The slain man was not immediately identified. Officers suspected him and another man were working a scam in which they would approach tourists, ask them their names, then write their names on the CDs and demand payment of $10.

What the !@#$ kind of a scam is this? Who falls for this?

I'm not sure, but I'm hoping that NYC and even the world at large might recover from this loss, however staggering.

In the meantime, my heart goes out to the brave police officer who isn't paid enough to endure this type of suffering and risk. God bless you brother, and thank you for being a hero. Happy Holidays!

I stayed in that same Marriott last March as part of conference I was "supposed" to be attending and like BuffaloBill said, with all the people down there, it's amazing no one else was injured. One thing that struck me when I was there, was how many people stopped me and asked for directions, like I was from there or something. I asked a bartender about it and he said, if you walk around without gawking at everything and kind of move with a purpose, people assume you're from there.

Looking back on it, everywhere I went, I was pretty much by myself as I didn't feel like hanging around with my boss, in hindsight, that might not have been the best idea.

BTW, I bought an awesome Rolex from a guy down there for only $35.00!!! Damn fool must not have known how much those things REALLY go for! The only thing that sucks is every three or four days, I have to update the time again. :)