Ice Often Speaks The Truth

BenchBledsoe

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I once had a great big dog when I was younger, It was a great dog, played well with others, was a very loyal companion. As the years went by, the dog watched as we had more kids and he accepted the new kids as just another face to lick, and another kid to protect and play with. But as the years went on, age started to take it's toll on my furry buddy, his hips were going, his hearing was going, he started to snap out on those that he had protected and cherished as his own. Some days his nipping and whinning was an all day jag, other times it was just barking and dropping warm "pudding" on the carpet. (anyone who has had an old dog knows the digestive tract is failing at 15 years). I tried everything with this dog, from yelling, to gently talking, to outright banishing him to the yard, nothing seemed to work. His nastiness and cantankerous behavior persisted, he continued to foul up our living space with his gastrointestinal wonders. I would lie in bed late at night hoping that somehow he would get better, or if not maybe he would wander off so that I would not have to do the inevitable. Well, the day finally came when I had discussed the next move with all members of the family, all members agreed that it was too much for us and for our loyal companion to watch him go through anymore of the pain. We made an appointment with the vet, the whole process was streamlined as the vet said " you should say your goodbyes now, you really don't need to be there when it happens", I gently removed his collar, he nuzzled into my neck, he knew the time had come. WHen I returned to the car, I could barely see through the tears, my wife who had been waiting quietly rubbed my back for support.....Perhaps ice's hips or knees are going, maybe his hearing is going, but he is fouling up the place with posts that are generally demeaning to all who disagree with his arguments, maybe it's his turn, someone get his collar

124545[/snapback]

Damn you, ever hear of a paragraph break? :o

I once had a great big dog when I was younger, It was a great dog, played well with others, was a very loyal companion. As the years went by, the dog watched as we had more kids and he accepted the new kids as just another face to lick, and another kid to protect and play with. But as the years went on, age started to take it's toll on my furry buddy, his hips were going, his hearing was going, he started to snap out on those that he had protected and cherished as his own. Some days his nipping and whinning was an all day jag, other times it was just barking and dropping warm "pudding" on the carpet. (anyone who has had an old dog knows the digestive tract is failing at 15 years). I tried everything with this dog, from yelling, to gently talking, to outright banishing him to the yard, nothing seemed to work. His nastiness and cantankerous behavior persisted, he continued to foul up our living space with his gastrointestinal wonders. I would lie in bed late at night hoping that somehow he would get better, or if not maybe he would wander off so that I would not have to do the inevitable. Well, the day finally came when I had discussed the next move with all members of the family, all members agreed that it was too much for us and for our loyal companion to watch him go through anymore of the pain. We made an appointment with the vet, the whole process was streamlined as the vet said " you should say your goodbyes now, you really don't need to be there when it happens", I gently removed his collar, he nuzzled into my neck, he knew the time had come. WHen I returned to the car, I could barely see through the tears, my wife who had been waiting quietly rubbed my back for support.....Perhaps ice's hips or knees are going, maybe his hearing is going, but he is fouling up the place with posts that are generally demeaning to all who disagree with his arguments, maybe it's his turn, someone get his collar

124545[/snapback]

Reminds me of my first dog, growing up. His name was Barney, best watch dog ever. When we first got him as a puppy (when I was three), we had just moved to a house in the country with 4 acres. My father, to teach him not to leave the yard, walked around the property line, and everytime Barney would try to cross it, he would throw pebbles at him. It worked wonders. We could go away for a week, leave him outside, and not have to worry. The neighbors would come up each day to refill his water and food. Eventually he to got old, with the same issues that your dog had. One day I come home from school to find him missing. Turns out he got "lead poisoning" while we weren't home and my Dad buried him in the back yard. We've never had a dog as good as him since.

Reminds me of my first dog, growing up. His name was Barney, best watch dog ever. When we first got him as a puppy (when I was three), we had just moved to a house in the country with 4 acres. My father, to teach him not to leave the yard, walked around the property line, and everytime Barney would try to cross it, he would throw pebbles at him. It worked wonders. We could go away for a week, leave him outside, and not have to worry. The neighbors would come up each day to refill his water and food. Eventually he to got old, with the same issues that your dog had. One day I come home from school to find him missing. Turns out he got "lead poisoning" while we weren't home and my Dad buried him in the back yard. We've never had a dog as good as him since.

124581[/snapback]

Anytime anyone wants to have the sac to try, please do. I will say again....no one at the tailgate or the night before had much to say face to face. So I doubt anyone here will cowboy up with lead poisoning for ol' ICE. Talk is real big around here.

Anytime anyone wants to have the sac to try, please do. I will say again....no one at the tailgate or the night before had much to say face to face. So I doubt anyone here will cowboy up with lead poisoning for ol' ICE.  Talk is real big around here.

124592[/snapback]

Wow, Super Dad threating to fight people over the internet.

I gotta check with my old man, but I don't think he used to threaten people he didn't know over the net.

But I'm immature. I drink when I go to games. I have been known to fight back when someone starts with me if im drunk. I don't want to fight you, at all. I get amusement out of your moronic posts, and enjoy your thought out ones. But, if you're going to make a blanket statement like that, we can go a few rounds... just for fun... I'll bring the ring-girl.

Anytime anyone wants to have the sac to try, please do. I will say again....no one at the tailgate or the night before had much to say face to face. So I doubt anyone here will cowboy up with lead poisoning for ol' ICE.  Talk is real big around here.

124592[/snapback]

yep ICE, I reckon you're the toughest guy on this here board.

124592[/snapback]

If you want to talk about that, then let's also mention that you didn't have the 'sac' to act like you do here. In fact you were pretty quiet. Is that because you don't have the 'sac' to act in real life the way you do here?

Then again a lot of things that happen to you in real life seem different then on here...like your 10 minute meeting with TD...

:o

yep ICE, I reckon you're the toughest guy on this here board.

124609[/snapback]

Never said that. But for all of the mouthing I get, again no one said anything face to face did they? No. I think I have met the toughest guy on this board, and I don't think he is actually one for fighting, but God help you if he does.

If you want to talk about that, then let's also mention that you didn't have the 'sac' to act like you do here. In fact you were pretty quiet. Is that because you don't have the 'sac' to act in real life the way you do here?

Then again a lot of things that happen to you in real life seem different then on here...like your 10 minute meeting with TD...

:o

124613[/snapback]

Hey I am not the one talking about 'lead poisoning' now am I. I said in advance two things....1) I am coming up to meet folks and have a good time (did that I believe) 2) If anyone wanted to go nose to nose and back up the stevestojan they say...I'm right there. And nothing happened.

BTW...you do lie....I am NEVER Quiet :) Also, who was it I was doing shots with?

124592[/snapback]

Didn't your parents ever tell you "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Maybe that's why the people at the Tailgate avoided getting into conversations with you.