J.P. Losman

Guest dog14787

Back during the Flutie/Johnson wars, I sided with Johnson. I'm the first to admit that I was an idiot. Maybe it's in my subconscious, and why I wouldn't mind seeing Vick in Orchard Park. Another number 7, improvising, making plays ... and WINNING. Maybe that's what we need to break the curse.

Or we could re-sign J.P. <_<

You don't apperciate what you have until it's gone. We have not seen a season of good QB in a really time.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Just because front office and head coach are laughable, doesn't completely absolve a QB who makes horrible choices

Horrible choices, you mean like the choice of plays on the one play that may have finished JP Losman's NFL career and probably one of the worse play calls in the history of the NFL.

Horrible choices, you mean like the choice of plays on the one play that may have finished JP Losman's NFL career and probably one of the worse play calls in the history of the NFL.

Ok. So a bomb with a little over 2 minutes against Miami and a 3 point lead is a great call but a rollout (a very simple play to run) to try and finish off the Jets is "one of the worst calls in NFL history?" Seriously???

While I'd rather get a look at newly acquired Brian Brohm and, if there's anything there, spend the time and effort developing him, it's entirely possible that JP's career could be salvaged by a competent QB mentor and offensive genius the likes of...

Mike Leach

Hahahaha!

Mike Leach has killed the NFL aspirations of every one of his QBs.

Whatever skills and talent they may have had when they joined "the Genius", they were rendered totally useless for the NFL by his monolithic offensive mentoring".

This may have seemed funny the first 100 posts, now it's just....sad.

Allow me to refresh your memory

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/523223.html

Allow me to take an excerpt from the article and post it ...

Losman gets sacked from behind, fumbles, and Ellis scoops up the ball and runs it in for the winning TD.

Who got sacked?

Who didn't throw the ball away?

Who fumbled?

Coach Jauron? The O-Line? The Offensive Coordinator? Russ Brandon?

No .... your beloved J.P. did.

Watching Aaron Rodgers playing against the Ravens last night reminded me of how well Losman was able to throw with decent accuracy while on the run. I'm not going to go into anything JP accomplished in the UFL because to most folks it doesn't mean much anyways , but Jim Fassel has done an amazing job with JP Losman. UFL or not its still the same game and maybe the defenses aren't near as good, but it goes hand in hand with the protection and it still boils down to keeping your composure, keeping the play alive and delivering a strike.

JP has great wheels, cannon of an arm and a great work ethic. Losman's arm is probably stronger then 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL. I still see big potential in JP Losman and myself personally, I want that cannon of an arm, athleticism and great work ethic on my team. If we could pick JP up at a reasonable salary, why not bring him in for a hard look through the preseason and see if Loman beats out what we have in camp.

We owe it to JP in my opinion and its very possible we owe it to ourselves...

Dumbest post ever. I am now more stupid for having read it and wasted 60 seconds of my life doing so.

Allow me to refresh your memory

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/523223.html

1) That's Sullivan who is hardly some authority on anything.

2) The only difference between the Jets and Fins playcalls was the execution. In fact, the playcall against the Fins was risker because of the chance of turnover or an incompletion. A rollout is a very simple play provided the QB has a brain and can make a quick decision.

3) Losman is a bad NFL QB and I'm done with this. Have a good day.

Guest dog14787
1) That's Sullivan who is hardly some authority on anything.

2) The only difference between the Jets and Fins playcalls was the execution. In fact, the playcall against the Fins was risker because of the chance of turnover or an incompletion. A rollout is a very simple play provided the QB has a brain and can make a quick decision.

3) Losman is a bad NFL QB and I'm done with this. Have a good day.

You to Buddy, have a good one.

Guest dog14787
Hahahaha!

Mike Leach has killed the NFL aspirations of every one of his QBs.

Whatever skills and talent they may have had when they joined "the Genius", they were rendered totally useless for the NFL by his monolithic offensive mentoring".

This may have seemed funny the first 100 posts, now it's just....sad.

Graham Harrell should be on an NFL roster in my opinion, the kids really got it upstairs and he can make all the throws.

This fella interests me http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=2008 Guys a beast

Graham Harrell should be on an NFL roster in my opinion, the kids really got it upstairs and he can make all the throws.

This fella interests me http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=2008 Guys a beast

Well....turns out Harrell couldn't "make all the throws"---not to professional football receivers.

Didn't he get dumped by the CFL?

Guest dog14787
Well....turns out Harrell couldn't "make all the throws"---not to professional football receivers.

Didn't he get dumped by the CFL?

Graham Harrell suffered a knee injury before the season started if I understand correctly which he has since rehabbed , but it was to late to make an impact on the season for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

I wasn't aware of Harrell being released, but that's not to say he hasn't been, The Senator seems to have an inside track on Harrell, maybe he can update us.

It wasn't JP's fault though... the O-line was cramping his style, and he couldn't take the coaches nagging him all the time.

But it'll be different this time... JP's changed. He's going to be good now, he promises... if we'll just have him back.

He wouldn't want to come back.

Watching Aaron Rodgers playing against the Ravens last night reminded me of how well Losman was able to throw with decent accuracy while on the run. I'm not going to go into anything JP accomplished in the UFL because to most folks it doesn't mean much anyways , but Jim Fassel has done an amazing job with JP Losman. UFL or not its still the same game and maybe the defenses aren't near as good, but it goes hand in hand with the protection and it still boils down to keeping your composure, keeping the play alive and delivering a strike.

JP has great wheels, cannon of an arm and a great work ethic. Losman's arm is probably stronger then 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL. I still see big potential in JP Losman and myself personally, I want that cannon of an arm, athleticism and great work ethic on my team. If we could pick JP up at a reasonable salary, why not bring him in for a hard look through the preseason and see if Loman beats out what we have in camp.

We owe it to JP in my opinion and its very possible we owe it to ourselves...

Seriously, name one occurrence of this feat with Losman as a Bill? All I remember is the guy missing receivers, especially on short passes and screens, getting sacked because he can't find a receiver, getting sacked and fumbling, or lunging the ball 90 yards for Evans. Being accurate while running, or standing still, is not a memory I have of Losman.

PTR

JP was terrible.

This argument is worse than having a QB controversy with the actual players on your roster.

Oh ye of terrible memory, how quickly we forget the holding onto the ball too long, staring at his primary receiver too long and not seeing the whole field, horrible mistimed turnovers and fumbles and sacks that doomed JP to the minor leagues.

Have ye forgotten that no team in the NFL even approached JP as he was sent drifting from the Bills?

None remember those reports from his agent that no one so much as called?

So he lit up the minors...So?

I don't really want to throw another log on this fire, but the truth is that JP could have eaten the ball for a loss or thrown it away. In his inimitable style, he managed to do neither.

You can blame the play call if you'd like but you cannot absolve JP for his role in ensuring that the play had disastrous results.

The blame can be shared but he has to assume some of it.

Guest dog14787
Seriously, name one occurrence of this feat with Losman as a Bill? All I remember is the guy missing receivers, especially on short passes and screens, getting sacked because he can't find a receiver, getting sacked and fumbling, or lunging the ball 90 yards for Evans. Being accurate while running, or standing still, is not a memory I have of Losman.

PTR

http://www.videosurf.com/video/belichick-o...mbling-12089308

JP coming back would be like the woman going back to the abusive man. The way he was treated here was near criminal. Mind you that I am not a JP fan, I never liked the idea. I was of the opinion we needed a plug and play QB, due to the lack of patience and ability to develop a QB. My opinion has changed in that respect. It is unfortunate that our organization's has not. I think Losman was an up and comer and would have panned out...enter TE, another up and comer....now we have two Qbs on the scrap heap. The most important quality in a QB is confidence. In himself and his teammates. We do not foster that at all. The coaches were quick with the hook, and the fans give up fast. Had JP not lost his job he would have started to make the adjustments that he was so slow to make.

It is easy for us to say he never would have gotten it, but how much difference did it make in your work performance after a couple years on the job?

I hope that he does well. He would be a huge upgrade here, especially with a qualified coach, a coach that actually coaches and cares about and develops his players would get a star out of JP.... The fans that don't want him back do not have to worry. If anybody else is interested, why would he ever come back to Buffalo? The weather? The nightlife? The warm-fuzzy feeling the fans gave him? We stand as much of a chance of seeing him back as OJ.

I strongly disagree with the bolded statement. Losman fit the mold of a prototypical QB bust: he had great physical traits, but hadn't proven himself as a pocket passer at the college level. Back when Losman was drafted, Dave Wannestadt said that he wouldn't take Losman with the last pick of the seventh round.

When a lot of people talk about a quarterback's "potential," they are referring specifically to his physical potential. His arm strength. His height. His speed. Joe Montana lasted until the third round of the draft precisely because he was lacking in some of those areas. Montana also demonstrates that a quarterback's potential doesn't consist of arm strength or foot speed, but rather of that which is between the quarterback's ears. Losman has never at any point demonstrated significant potential in that latter, more important category. The only two reasons we're still talking about him are because there are those enamored with his physical traits, and because there are those who have made a significant emotional investment in his succeeding.

I wouldn't mind having Losman coming in as competition to Brohm and Fitzy in what will be a "building the foundation" year for the Bills. To me, he's a much better option than drafting some rookie QB mid to late round. I see 2011 as the year the Bills draft their 1st round QB of the future anyways (that's unless Brohm secures the job with a solid season).