fewell for head coach

vegas55

I don't think so. The first time we played Jets, they ran for 300+ yards. Last night, with his entire starting D line intact, they ran for about 250 yards. Nice defensive adjustment coach - that is defense you have coached now for 4 years. On the other side of the ball, according to "coach" Fewell "we didnt handle the pressure very well" surprise surprise, the Jets blitz alot. this league is about making adjustments, and the Bills made none. Firrst game Jets (barely) handed us the game with 6 turnovers, but kicked our butt in virtually every phase of the game, and did the exact same thing, in the exact same way, last night.

I don't think so. The first time we played Jets, they ran for 300+ yards. Last night, with his entire starting D line intact, they ran for about 250 yards. Nice defensive adjustment coach - that is defense you have coached now for 4 years. On the other side of the ball, according to "coach" Fewell "we didnt handle the pressure very well" surprise surprise, the Jets blitz alot. this league is about making adjustments, and the Bills made none. Firrst game Jets (barely) handed us the game with 6 turnovers, but kicked our butt in virtually every phase of the game, and did the exact same thing, in the exact same way, last night.

Well, it was fun for 5 days, but now the "if we win out" people will back off, the Fewell for head coach campaign will lose momentum and we can focus even more intensely on "what if Ralph Wilson really intends to clean house, build a winner and sail off into the sunset, legacy fulfilled."

:sick: The only thing I came away feeling strongly about after last night's game, was... how badly Rogers blew it trying to create an artificial NFL atmosphere for a game. He should fire whatever advisers told him it was okay to charge those extreme ticket prices, piss off the starting fan base by forcing them to buy the preseason game tickets as well, overlook the need for free tailgating for everyone attending the game and fail to provide the obligatory bushes in the parking lot for drunks to piss into. I mean, how many chicks are going to have too much beer and flash topless, when the people sitting on either side of them are using napkins?

I have nothing against Fewell, but that was a classic example of why you don't anoint a coach after one game. Every team gets a momentum boost from a QB or coaching change, but the question is, can the new guy maintain it? Last night, Fewell couldn't and it wasn't the lack of talent that disappointed me as much as the complete lack of emotion from his team. In that respect, it reminded me very much of any other game from the Jauron era. I know they're not very good, but if Fewell wants this job, his team needs to be fired up and ready to play every game, and last night, they were neither.

If we beat KC next week the Fewell supporters will be back in full force

Not that I was on the Fewell bandwagon but I disagree. More than the loss itself, Fewell's greatest weakness is scheme. The Tampa -2 is a flawed defense. If Fewell stays so does that :sick: scheme. It needs to go and sad to say we rebuild (again) becuse the interior of the defensive line is nearly as bad as the tackle situation on the offensive line.

Not that I was on the Fewell bandwagon but I disagree. More than the loss itself, Fewell's greatest weakness is scheme. The Tampa -2 is a flawed defense. If Fewell stays so does that :sick: scheme. It needs to go and sad to say we rebuild (again) becuse the interior of the defensive line is nearly as bad as the tackle situation on the offensive line.

really? because the jauron supporters came back after every win..i bet they will you wait and watch and when they do let me know i'm right.

:sick: The only thing I came away feeling strongly about after last night's game, was... how badly Rogers blew it trying to create an artificial NFL atmosphere for a game. He should fire whatever advisers told him it was okay to charge those extreme ticket prices, piss off the starting fan base by forcing them to buy the preseason game tickets as well, overlook the need for free tailgating for everyone attending the game and fail to provide the obligatory bushes in the parking lot for drunks to piss into.

Thats a tough call.....from the grave

wtf are you talking about

JP supporters, JP haters

Trent supporters, Trent haters

Jauron supporters, Jauron haters

It's become an official putdown code word here. Didn't take long for Perry to become a lightning rod. I like the guy and still hope that he wins the remaining four games and retains the job. Odds he'll do either of those look very very slim, which luckily for the Bills are already in the process of looking for GMs and head coaches to try to become a relevant contender again. I'm supporting the Bills period.

JP supporters, JP haters

It's become an official putdown code word here. Didn't take long for Perry to become a lightning rod. I like the guy and still hope that he wins the remaining four games and retains the job. Odds he'll do either of those look very very slim, which luckily for the Bills are already in the process of looking for GMs and head coaches to try to become a relevant contender again. I'm supporting the Bills period.

You're such a Fewell supporter...you bastard!

Just kidding, I actually completely agree with your sentiment. Let's just sit back at this point, and hope for the best.

JP supporters, JP haters

fair enough I see your point..i thought you were saying I was trying to start something when I was just stating the obvious..hence all the "keep fewell" threads

I actually think if given the opportunity he might make a better HC than DC. This bend but don't break, quicker/smaller guys tampon-2 crap must go though. His clock management is already better than DJ's and you can tell he is still figuring it out.

I agree, the tampon two has to go!

Well, it was fun for 5 days, but now the "if we win out" people will back off, the Fewell for head coach campaign will lose momentum and we can focus even more intensely on "what if Ralph Wilson really intends to clean house, build a winner and sail off into the sunset, legacy fulfilled."

:D The only thing I came away feeling strongly about after last night's game, was... how badly Rogers blew it trying to create an artificial NFL atmosphere for a game. He should fire whatever advisers told him it was okay to charge those extreme ticket prices, piss off the starting fan base by forcing them to buy the preseason game tickets as well, overlook the need for free tailgating for everyone attending the game and fail to provide the obligatory bushes in the parking lot for drunks to piss into. I mean, how many chicks are going to have too much beer and flash topless, when the people sitting on either side of them are using napkins?

I think the excitement with Perry--at least my support of the guy--stemmed from the games being competitive. His two loses came on the last drive of the game. Jauron was much worse than that. But from last night's second half debacle I think we can officially declare the Fewell era to be no more than a stopgap.

Though in everyone's defense, Fitz didn't have a second to think last night. Jets were flying through that line.

So what you are saying is that 2 games where he had the team looking good and playing well, 1 bad game where they were still in it until the end means he obviously can't coach in the NFL?

Everyone always throws out the yards against as if it actually means something. Lets look at the only stat that is worth a damn in any sport, the SCORE. How many teams could win scoring less then 14 points? How many teams lose games when the defence holds the other team to 16 or less?

No one annointed Fewell head coach yet, just that he was looking good and if he kept it up, he could get the job and it might not be a bad choice.

Lets face it, we have serious issues with the line on both sides of the ball. I don't care if we had Lombardi w/Bill Walsh as an assistant we're going to continue to have problems until we get the right personal. That being said I'm not giving up on Perry but if we don't seriously compete in the next 4 games then I'm definitely ready to move on to someone who is more "proven" (whoever that might be)

Bills under Fewell:

Total offense up 91 yds/game (+43%)

Opp scoring down 6 pts/game (-37%)

Team penalties down by 5.8 penalties per game (-67%)

Team scoring up 4 pts/game (+26%)

Having penalties drop by two-thirds tells me Fewell has this team focused. They still suck but at least they are being beat by a better opponent than making dumbass mistakes killing themselves. They had only 1 penalty yesterday, a false start. How many false starts did they have against Cleveland? 10?

Maybe Fewell ain't the guy, but there is no question the Bills are playing better with him as head coach. Let's see if that trend continues the next 4 games.

PTR

jauron supporters? when?

Just go back 7 months. Here is a guy that was in love with Dick. He may still be.

I see the same tired examples being thrown around- time out management, challenge management, play calling, blah blah blah. None of them have or ever will change my mind about Jauron. I think he's a great coach, and I think citing a handful of wayward challenges in three years is weak sauce.

If he had a talented roster, I think you'd all agree that petty things like TO's and challenges are basically non-issues. If you're enraged about me calling these particular blunders "non-issues", then cite specific losses (more than one) which were ultimately deterred by a wayward challenge/TO, and I'll show you A DOZEN player mistakes which should have rendered the slight time difference obselete.

I don't buy the "players' mistakes are coaches' mistakes" argument, so please don't bring that sh-t.

I'd venture to say that the 2009 Bills might be the most talented team he's ever coached, so before you tell me what an a-s kissing retard I am, let's just agree to reserve judgment.

The Big Cat 4/28/09