State of the Bills live with Jim Kelly...

Heitz

The Bills play 8 games per year in Lake Erie winds, but you wouldn't know that sitting in Gillette stadium, would you?

Nice try--you are truly a one -trick pony. Guess when you've got nothing intelligent to add, you say something like that.

......Or you try to make a goofy argument invoking the treacherous late summer and early fall winds of the great lakes!!

How were those Erie winds on the winds on the last Sunday in November?

Sorry to take away your only rebuttal, but I've never ben to Gillette stadium.

Just when it couldn't get any more absurd!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try--you are truly a one -trick pony. Guess when you've got nothing intelligent to add, you say something like that.

......Or you try to make a goofy argument invoking the treacherous late summer and early fall winds of the great lakes!!

You're a complete moron. It could be sunny and 70 degrees but the winds off lake Erie could be blowing in at 30 mph at anytime. Hard to tell from watching on TV, but unless you've been to enough Bills home games, you would never know. It's a fact that Buffalo is actually windier than Chicago (the windy city).

You're a complete moron. It could be sunny and 70 degrees but the winds off lake Erie could be blowing in at 30 mph at anytime. Hard to tell from watching on TV, but unless you've been to enough Bills home games, you would never know. It's a fact that Buffalo is actually windier than Chicago (the windy city).

+1 I've been to Bills games and have done stadium cleanip at Ralph Wilson. The winds are crazy inside the stadium. And they can come out of nowhere.

The Bills are in what Division again? And where are the two other teams aside from the 'Fins located? Your argument that Kelly's penchant for hating California QBs is stupid, well that argument is sound, but the Bills play plenty more than two games a season in cold, windy weather. I mean, it can be nice when we have the NFC and AFC South, but when we have the North Divisions to play, we end up with the chance for PLENTY of crappy weather games in a season.

You do realize that Chicago is named the windy city not because of actual wind speed?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_Chicago_c..._the_Windy_City

The Bills are in what Division again? And where are the two other teams aside from the 'Fins located? Your argument that Kelly's penchant for hating California QBs is stupid, well that argument is sound, but the Bills play plenty more than two games a season in cold, windy weather. I mean, it can be nice when we have the NFC and AFC South, but when we have the North Divisions to play, we end up with the chance for PLENTY of crappy weather games in a season.

You make a great point. Many QBs have to play in tough cold wintery weather either at home or on the road. Plenty of those QBs are from warm weather states and likely never saw snow until college or the pros. Both Mannings (Giants stadium is probably the toughest "wind" stadium in the league), Favre--these guys play well in all weather.

Maybe Jimbo forgot that he played football in MIAMI (and that he didin't play high school games in the winter in PA), but the reality is that there is no such thing as a "cold weather QB" by state of birth. To argue otherwise is silly. A good or great QB from California, Florida, Louisiana---they will play just fine in Buffalo.

You do realize that Chicago is named the windy city not because of actual wind speed?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_Chicago_c..._the_Windy_City

Thanks. I was hoping that was going to get pointed out.

I would say no more CA QB's based on superstition alone. F--- me once, shame on you, f---me twice shame on me...three times? Maybe it's time to look at QB development in Buffalo. Truth be told the argument about where a QB comes from is asinine. Truth be told....it doesn't really matter. I have always thought it was a dumb argument.

I thought Kelly was simply saying that "We've had three CA QBs in a row, and nobody really worked out, let's pick from a different pool." You know, kind of tongue in cheek. I bet he didn't intend to keep answering questions on this. It is funny the things people zoom in on.... May I propose we address the QB development program, or lack there of.

You make a great point. Many QBs have to play in tough cold wintery weather either at home or on the road. Plenty of those QBs are from warm weather states and likely never saw snow until college or the pros. Both Mannings (Giants stadium is probably the toughest "wind" stadium in the league), Favre--these guys play well in all weather.

Maybe Jimbo forgot that he played football in MIAMI (and that he didin't play high school games in the winter in PA), but the reality is that there is no such thing as a "cold weather QB" by state of birth. To argue otherwise is silly. A good or great QB from California, Florida, Louisiana---they will play just fine in Buffalo.

Sorry boss but the Meadowlands is not windier than RWS. Not saying it doesn't blow there, but it's not windier than RWS.

Bills vs. Pats in RWS

Spoken like someone who's obviously very familiar with the confines of The Ralph.

I'm glad others chimed in with the weather conditions in that spot in Orchard Park. Do yourself a favor. If you're ever at The Ralph, head over to the scoreboard end of the stadium, go to the top rows and look west. Then report on what you see. If you say a wide open expanse that shows the arrowhead tip of a lake that gathers a breeze from the west and north, you would be onto something.

I think that anyone who's watched Bills long enough knows that it's not the cold and the snow that makes home games in Buffalo treacherous, but the wind and the rain. I've been to September games with no snow in sight where I was numb in the end, and I've been to January games in sub 32 weather in the snow, where I felt just fine.

Nice to know your home field buddy.

Elway, Brady and Palmer play near a large body of water? No the winds at the Rich stadium are brutal in the winter. How are the winds in Boston, Cinci and Denver as oppose to Buf.

What large body of water is near Denver or Cinci? Have to check my map again.

:sick:

Chicago is not called the "windy city" for that reason. It got the name from all of the politicians who spewed constant non sense that they were dubbed wind bags, hence the name Windy City.

Spoken like someone who's obviously very familiar with the confines of The Ralph.

I'm glad others chimed in with the weather conditions in that spot in Orchard Park. Do yourself a favor. If you're ever at The Ralph, head over to the scoreboard end of the stadium, go to the top rows and look west. Then report on what you see. If you say a wide open expanse that shows the arrowhead tip of a lake that gathers a breeze from the west and north, you would be onto something.

I think that anyone who's watched Bills long enough knows that it's not the cold and the snow that makes home games in Buffalo treacherous, but the wind and the rain. I've been to September games with no snow in sight where I was numb in the end, and I've been to January games in sub 32 weather in the snow, where I felt just fine.

Nice to know your home field buddy.

I've been to only about a dozen games at the Ralph--summer through winter, all kinds of weather. But I'm fairly familiar with the weather of the great lakes---Lake Ontario is my backyard.

But if your argument against Cali QBs has degenerated into that they cannot handle the constant unending wind tunnel that the Ralph becomes on every Sunday between September and December, weather not seen anywhere else said QBs may be prospering, well then I'll just let you continue......!!

While your at it, give us a tally of all the games that this weather has negatively impacted the play of RJ, JP, TE. And explain why you think guys like Elway, Manning (pick one), Favre, Palmer.....would have failed in the Buffalo weather.

Ahh, you know what---don't hurt yourself. If You and Jimbo can't figure out that the weather played no role in the failure of these guys----that instead they either just weren't very good (TE) or outright sucked (RJ, JP), then maybe the two of you can comb the scout rags for the Next Great Northeastern QB Prospect.