Another sell out huh?

ICE

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ICE take it easy on the fans wouldja? They live in Buffalo New York for heaven's sake. What else is there to do there? I can't remember if you've even lived there as a resident for a few years. So 8 times a year they get to go to the Bills game in person. They tailgate with their friends, have some fun, be glad they are out of the house and THEN they go inside to see the game. I know what is inside the hearts of the Bills fans. If their team is doing great they go to be happy and see them win. If the team isn't doing so great they go to show support for their team. Or like #89 said the other day ... she doesn't even care who wins. It is just a nice way to spend some time with people she likes. And after going to church on Sunday morning it is a real lift from all of that "Lord I am not worthy" happy hooplah.

Ralph Wilson has these nice Buffalonians buffaloed. With the NHL a thing of the past and the Buffalo Braves Basketball team long forgotten history what do the sports fans have left? They have da Bills.

Have a heart ... Bills fans do!

Oh ICE take it easy on the fans wouldja? They live in Buffalo New York for heaven's sake.  What else is there to do there?  I can't remember if you've even lived there as a resident for a few years.  So 8 times a year they get to go to the Bills game in person.  They tailgate with their friends, have some fun, be glad they are out of the house and THEN they go inside to see the game.  I know what is inside the hearts of the Bills fans.  If their team is doing great they go to be happy and see them win.  If the team isn't doing so great they go to show support for their team.  Or like #89 said the other day ... she doesn't even care who wins.  It is just a nice way to spend some time with people she likes.  And after going to church on Sunday morning it is a real lift from all of that "Lord I am not worthy" happy hooplah.

Ralph Wilson has these nice Buffalonians buffaloed.  With the NHL a thing of the past and the Buffalo Braves Basketball team long forgotten history what do the sports fans have left?  They have da Bills. 

Have a heart ... Bills fans do!

123751[/snapback]

Then take a stand damn it. Christ, just sit outside and tailgate all day LOL! Wouldn't that be the damnedest site? 30K sitting OUTSIDE During the game in protest? That would rock!

Man Way to go guys!  That is showing RW And TD you won't stand for the stevestojan they are putting on the field.

I know I know....'But ICE if we don't sell out Ralphie will move the Bills..sniff sniff...'  LMAO!  God he has you guys pu$$y whipped. 

Oh wait it's 'I will cheer no matter what'.

Nope that isn't all of it.

Wait here ya go 'No matter what I will support the Bills'  GOTCHA!

That right there is what Uncle Ralphie is betting on. No matter what POS he puts on the field you guys are so hard up, you will spend your hard earned money on this POS product. 

But hey, I guess I should expect no less. Minus the Bills Buffalo goes breasts up.  So TD will go out next off season and trade henry and someone else to make you think he is doing something.  He will sign some washed up 'name' like Troy Vincent to come in and apease you guys. Because we all know even though they were on the downsides of their careers somewhere else, being in Buffalo will reserect their careers  :rolleyes:

And when TD does that AND either cuts Bledsoe or 'officially' says JP is the starter all is good in the world.  I can hear it now  'TD has finally woke up!'  or 'We have finally made the right moves'  or  'We have turned a corner'  :D

Look I honest to God love the Buffalo Bills. Are they my entire life like some people here?  Hell no.  If they moved I most likely wouldn't root for them. But damn folks, there has to be a day when WNY says to Ralph 'enough is enough'.  When they try to market them again say 'No thanks' to the corporate luxury boxes.  Not until we are back in the playoffs for 2 years.  Make Ralph and TD EARN Their damn money for once!  Put a winner on the field and we pay. If you don't we stay home.

Now I am sure the billion flaming 'your a moron' Or 'you don't understand this or that' posts are coming. Bottom line is this, As long as WNY keeps pumping money into RW's pocket books things will stay the same. 

One last thing, If you guys think the NFL is going to let the Bills leave Buffalo...I have some real estate I want to sell you cheap.  :D  not gonna happen folks. Not gonna happen.

123614[/snapback]

yawn....so according to your plan, everyone should stay home....sometimes you really are a moron...did you ever think that some people, like myself, go to these games for more than just the actual game itself...a football game is entertainment...from the time I get there at 8am until I leave around 6pm...sometimes the 1-4pm portion is great, sometimes it sucks....if this makes me an idiot, then, well I am an idiot....

I will support the Bills no matter what. My family has had season tickets since the first season.

I am a Bills fan with every fiber of my being whether they win or lose. I am not a member of the band wagon - nor did I just become a fan when they started competing for Super Bowls.

That is what being a fan is all about. Am I happy that we got destroyed by the Pats? No. Am I pissed about it? Yes.

Yet, I will continue to support the Bills.

To those of you that want to jump off the band wagon - Goodbye.

I will support the Bills no matter what.  My family has had season tickets since the first season.

I am a Bills fan with every fiber of my being whether they win or lose.  I am not a member of the band wagon - nor did I just become a fan when they started competing for Super Bowls.

That is what being a fan is all about. Am I happy that we got destroyed by the Pats? No.  Am I pissed about it? Yes.

Yet, I will continue to support the Bills.

To those of you that want to jump off the band wagon - Goodbye.

123784[/snapback]

that is wrong...Ice said that we all need to stay away from the stadium until we have been in the playoffs for 2 years....man that would be embarassing that second year if we won the Super Bowl in the first playoff appearance though

Then take a stand damn it. Christ, just sit outside and tailgate all day LOL!  Wouldn't that be the damnedest site?  30K sitting OUTSIDE During the game in protest?  That would rock!

123757[/snapback]

Some folks here in Tallahassee and maybe in Oklahoma go to the tailgate, have a great time and don't go in to the game on purpose.

Peace ~

Some folks here in Tallahassee and maybe in Oklahoma go to the tailgate, have a great time and don't go in to the game on purpose. 

Peace ~

123807[/snapback]

Well that is what I am hearing. It's all about the tailgate. Hell you can do that at a sports bar and NOT pay RW a damn dime.

So, let's say that this theory of boycotting EVER took place..

(which it wouldn't so give it up. People enjoy the entire experience of the game, they CAN take it as a day of fun, and the game as 3 hours of that. Not everyone is thinking about playoff implications, etc, etc... some just go because its FUN to go).

Anyway, let's go back to your childish idea of a boycott.

That would work wonders.

Im sure if the stadium was EMPTY the first thing Ralph would do would be to go out monday and get 5 new lineman and trade both his legs for Roethlisberger.

What would a boycott do ICE? Absolutly nothing.

Even if a mass boycott was pulled off (which you know is impossible), what would be a more likely scenario:

1) RW goes and answers by dumping money into a team whos fans will boycott when they aren't happy

or

2) Ralph finds out exactly what it would take to move to LA, a city HUNGRY for more football.

Give it up ICE.

that is wrong...Ice said that we all need to stay away from the stadium until we have been in the playoffs for 2 years....man that would be embarassing that second year if we won the Super Bowl in the first playoff appearance though

123793[/snapback]

Will never happen. BTW...since when do you buy Luxury Suites? Because I thought I said that when they start running around pimping these corperate suites to Companies THEY need to say no, not until I see a winner.

Damn man you must be rich!

Man Way to go guys!  That is showing RW And TD you won't stand for the stevestojan they are putting on the field.

I know I know....'But ICE if we don't sell out Ralphie will move the Bills..sniff sniff...'  LMAO!  God he has you guys pu$$y whipped. 

Oh wait it's 'I will cheer no matter what'.

Nope that isn't all of it.

Wait here ya go 'No matter what I will support the Bills'  GOTCHA!

That right there is what Uncle Ralphie is betting on. No matter what POS he puts on the field you guys are so hard up, you will spend your hard earned money on this POS product. 

But hey, I guess I should expect no less. Minus the Bills Buffalo goes breasts up.  So TD will go out next off season and trade henry and someone else to make you think he is doing something.  He will sign some washed up 'name' like Troy Vincent to come in and apease you guys. Because we all know even though they were on the downsides of their careers somewhere else, being in Buffalo will reserect their careers  :rolleyes:

And when TD does that AND either cuts Bledsoe or 'officially' says JP is the starter all is good in the world.  I can hear it now  'TD has finally woke up!'  or 'We have finally made the right moves'  or  'We have turned a corner'  :D

Look I honest to God love the Buffalo Bills. Are they my entire life like some people here?  Hell no.  If they moved I most likely wouldn't root for them. But damn folks, there has to be a day when WNY says to Ralph 'enough is enough'.  When they try to market them again say 'No thanks' to the corporate luxury boxes.  Not until we are back in the playoffs for 2 years.  Make Ralph and TD EARN Their damn money for once!  Put a winner on the field and we pay. If you don't we stay home.

Now I am sure the billion flaming 'your a moron' Or 'you don't understand this or that' posts are coming. Bottom line is this, As long as WNY keeps pumping money into RW's pocket books things will stay the same. 

One last thing, If you guys think the NFL is going to let the Bills leave Buffalo...I have some real estate I want to sell you cheap.  :D  not gonna happen folks. Not gonna happen.

123614[/snapback]

Perhaps folks wanted to show up so as to voice their displeasure?

In my opinion......it is going to get really REALLY ugly in that stadium on Sunday...the kind of ugly that will have players upset and talking about it after the game type ugly........

Bills fans know their football........

Perhaps folks wanted to show up so as to voice their displeasure?

In my opinion......it is going to get really REALLY ugly in that stadium on Sunday...the kind of ugly that will have players upset and talking about it after the game type ugly........

So bills fans know their football? Hummmm...so that says they know they are being fed stevestojan and STILL pay for it. Damn that IS stupid.

Bills fans know their football........

123822[/snapback]

One of the neat things for me from my 15+ years of living in Buffalo and being a Bills rooter is seeing how a lot of the fan base sticks with the team in good times and in bad times. Certainly there have been a pretty consistent record of bad football decions by folks who ran the team after the glory days of AFL championships. The team wa so bad and the decision so poor that they qualified to take Bruce Smith first in the draft because the stunk and made bad decisions.

Yet, though all of this, even though fans disgreed with and even hated the idiot GM in charge. Even though until Ralph Wilson opened up the purse strings for Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, and he used to throw nickels around like they were manhole covers.

However, the Bills fan were like the mother of film director Vincent Gallo whom he has Angelica Huston protray in the movie Buffalo 66. in 30 years she had attended ever single Bills game except for the time her husband had a heart attack so she went to the hospital with him and missed a game.

I certainly have reduced my financial support for the team as Ralph clearly doesn't need my money beyond what I pay him in tax dollars for the county owned Ralph Wilson stadium to keep the team here. Besides the real money which underlies the CBA and the growing partnership between the NFL and NFLPA is TV money so thanks to the many sellouts, It happens that Ralph gets to make big bucks and I chose more pften to enjoy the game in the comfort of mu pwn living room.

I irony here is that if in fact Bills fans reasonably decide not to spend their hard earned dollars on the Bills because TD is providing a bad product, there will more blackouts and I will probably increase my attendance at games because this will be the only way I can see my team. So count me in with the Vincent Gallos of the world, if fans boycott the games as a bad product deserves in our system I will be more likely to go to the Ralph to get my fix.

ICE, i usually see you stance on things... that just because you are vocal about the negatives doesn't mean you aren't a fan, or doesn't mean you don't care. In fact, it means you DO care and you are upset by the poor play.

But explain to me this:

How is the idea of boycotting NOT the purest form of being a bandwagon fan?

(and you know I hate the word bandwagon, because it is tossed around freely, but please answer the qusetion).

Teams go through bad spells. Alot of teams (the Seahawks) have taken longer to get a playoff win than us... they boycotting?