T.O. is running this team

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent tanked the throws in Tennessee, I am absolutely convinced. It seemed TO was trying to fight for the greater good, and get the team to succeed, and TE took it personal. That is his immaturity. TO doesn't give two d#@k shakes about TE personally, but TE (speculation) saw it in a "This is my team, One-Year Blunder, and this team follows me." TO yells on sideline, a suggestion is made to TE, and he says FU...It had been going on all year. Fitzy in Jacksonville looks at the laptop with TO, next series 98 yd TD. Fitzy picks up what TO is putting down, and you have chemistry. TO knows his football, to deny that is insane...I am a struggling 3rd year QB, nicknamed Captain Checkdown, I am listening...TE didn't, if he were a few years older, and had gotten over himself, it may have worked.

Unfortunately for us, Trent is a good looking guy, played to the most prestigious position in sports, was smart, went to Stanford, got a fancy "C" on his jersey, received slow-head from DJ, etc. He thinks he is pretty hot-s#$t. He was not going to listen to some side-show receiver, made worse when everybody on team was drawn to his charisma, and the fans all show up in TO jerseys, and scream chant TO, TO, TO, then the coaches are going to listen to him??? Couldn't handle it. That brings us to the current. Trent is a pouting little b#$ch on the sidelines, TO is kicking arse, and making Fitzy look like a real NFL QB...but really what I care about is we stand a chance to win on any Sunday.

Ha, nice encapsulation. I agree with the jist of what you say, and I like your style in saying it. It helps explain why Trent is now a spectator, and, barring injury, may never start for the Bills again. That crap my have floated with Jauron as HC, but Fewell won't stand for it. And he won't because, like you and I and the rest of Bills fans, we agree on the last line of your post. :lol:

just a coinsidence. why would anyone play bad to get a coach and a qb fired? thats just making your own stock crap. ESPECIALLY since he has a 1yr contract. he could care less who is at the helm once he leaves. like most ball hogs, if u dont get the ball enough, u may not put enough effort. but out of frustration. not intentionally to get rid of a coach and a sorry qb.

love what fitz is doing by the way.

I remember when Hank Boulock was the coach and Bruce Smith warned players in the huddle not to make any tackles or he would kick their ass in an attempt to get Boulock fired.

It's finally nice to see T.O. and the Bills playing better again, but it's very obvious that T.O. was purposely playing like crap to either get Edwards out or both Edwards & Jauron out. Look at his stats in the first 9 games: 366 yards, 1 TD (rec) 1 TD (rush) and led the league in dropped balls. Now look at the last 2 games: 293 yards and 2 TD's, did he even drop a ball in those 2 games? (not sure, but I'd say no). In Edwards' last game, the last 2 passes Edwards threw to T.O., he ran half-azzed and barely made an attempt to catch the ball. So if T.O. doesn't get his way and the people he wants in there, he's not gonna give 100%, more like 40-50% at best.

Conspiracy theory or truth? Your thoughts...

Playing like crap on purpose? I doubt it. Let's face it Jauron and as much as I liked Edwards they were getting their end of the deal done. Play calling, bad passes, etc. will lead to both of our normally 1,000 yards WRs having a bad season.

And I must admit, I love seeing him getting fired up for both great plays and the bad plays. It's nice to see some fire, some emotion on this team. Something we haven't seen in what 10-12 years?

It's finally nice to see T.O. and the Bills playing better again, but it's very obvious that T.O. was purposely playing like crap to either get Edwards out or both Edwards & Jauron out. Look at his stats in the first 9 games: 366 yards, 1 TD (rec) 1 TD (rush) and led the league in dropped balls. Now look at the last 2 games: 293 yards and 2 TD's, did he even drop a ball in those 2 games? (not sure, but I'd say no). In Edwards' last game, the last 2 passes Edwards threw to T.O., he ran half-azzed and barely made an attempt to catch the ball. So if T.O. doesn't get his way and the people he wants in there, he's not gonna give 100%, more like 40-50% at best.

aahhhh...yet another excuse for Edwards. Nice. So the passes that Trent was throwing 10 feet over T.O.' s head was T.O.'s fault?

Trent Edwards did throw to T.O. T.O. dropped a lot (some he should have caught) but even if he caught them they were short passes. Trent Edwards was over-rated by many of you on this website. And don't blame all his problems on his concussions or Juaron (bad coaching). Even before his concussion last year, when the weather got cold the year before he stunk. You play in the northeast, you better learn to play in some cold weather. Fitzpatrick may not be great but he doesn't look like a deer in headlights.

TO lead the league in drops for the 3 year period prior to arriving in Buffalo---likely also because of Trent Edwards.

TE beat the Broncos in Denver in the coldest gameday of his career.

None of this teams woes can be blamed on the weather---none!

Look, you guys who keep this "no California QBs" have got to stop. You're making fools of yourselves. Good QBs from Cali (or Louisiana, or Arizona) can do just fine in the "cold weather".

Besides Elway and Favre and Brady, check out Eli Manning, Palmer, Aaron Rogers.....

And the Bills took Kelly not because he played high school ball in PA, boys.

It\'s finally nice to see T.O. and the Bills playing better again, but it\'s very obvious that T.O. was purposely playing like crap to either get Edwards out or both Edwards & Jauron out. Look at his stats in the first 9 games: 366 yards, 1 TD (rec) 1 TD (rush) and led the league in dropped balls. Now look at the last 2 games: 293 yards and 2 TD\'s, did he even drop a ball in those 2 games? (not sure, but I\'d say no). In Edwards\' last game, the last 2 passes Edwards threw to T.O., he ran half-azzed and barely made an attempt to catch the ball. So if T.O. doesn\'t get his way and the people he wants in there, he\'s not gonna give 100%, more like 40-50% at best.

I\'ll buy into that. I\'ve read a few articles what indicated TO was at odds with Trent. TO dropped some passes that hurt the team. And having a crappy attitude didn\'t help.

Does anyone think the behavior beyond TO? Not me.

Take the two long bombs away from TO and we are back to the same pedestrian game as we\'ve seen all season.

T.O. is playing for his career this year...
Or he's decided now is the time to audition for his next team.

The notion that TO intentionally dropped passes, or was a reason why Trent played so poorly and got benched, is ludicrous at best. Even moreso if you take this to the next logical step and claim that he's (always) wanted Fitz to start.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? This is like the theory that the only reason GW Bush went into Iraq is to avenge his father and the administration fabricated the whole story of WMDs. ......Uh, err

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? This is like the theory that the only reason GW Bush went into Iraq is to avenge his father and the administration fabricated the whole story of WMDs. ......Uh, err

Please leave politics out of this. I don't want another thread turned into a political debate.

Like I said previously, I don't know if it was Edwards, Jauron or both, but you have to look at the numbers and wonder why there's been a huge difference. I think the infusion of Fewell & Fitz is a big reason, but was their motive to get some changes made?

We've seen on the Bills reports from Training Camp that Edwards was throwing passes of 60 yards or more, but when it comes to the regular season, his longest pass is for 40 yards. Edwards has the arm, but IMO, Jauron held back Edwards.

Throwing a 60 yard pass in training camp during a scrimmage is a lot different from completing one in a game. I remember a thread on here after the flaming thumbtacks' game( i believe), where TO had his man beaten deep several times, only for Trent Edwards to throw a lollipop. So on multiple occasions where TO should have had touchdowns with a good throw, he ended up with just big gainers. Have you seen any deep pass lollipops from Fitzpatrick to Owens that should have been TDs that just ended up in big gainers?

Throwing a 60 yard pass in training camp during a scrimmage is a lot different from completing one in a game. I remember a thread on here after the flaming thumbtacks' game( i believe), where TO had his man beaten deep several times, only for Trent Edwards to throw a lollipop. So on multiple occasions where TO should have had touchdowns with a good throw, he ended up with just big gainers. Have you seen any deep pass lollipops from Fitzpatrick to Owens that should have been TDs that just ended up in big gainers?

I agree that Trent has screwed up on passes to T.O. It didn't help Trent's case that T.O. only played one series in one pre-season game due to a sneaker injury.

Fitz is further along than Trent is with recoginizing defenses, making audibles and adjusting to players. I'm a firm believer in starting the better player at any position, no matter if that person is a 1st rounder, 7th rounder or a undrafted free agent.

That makes 0 rational sense given that TO needs big numbers to get a deal next year. This is the dumbest assertion out there.

So you're saying that T.O. doesn't have an attitude and didn't take plays off? That's not what I saw in the Titans game.

So you're saying that T.O. doesn't have an attitude and didn't take plays off? That's not what I saw in the Titans game.

TO has always had an attitude. Did he take plays off? That is a subjective observation, one that is impossible to know. He might have been frustrated with Edwards, but so was the entire team.

I'm just saying its ludicrous to suggest that he was playing poorly in order to get Jauron fired and Edwards benched. He would not benefit from that in the least.

Please leave politics out of this. I don't want another thread turned into a political debate.

Like I said previously, I don't know if it was Edwards, Jauron or both, but you have to look at the numbers and wonder why there's been a huge difference. I think the infusion of Fewell & Fitz is a big reason, but was their motive to get some changes made?

I was injecting humor, not politics, into an inane notion that TO tanked in order to get rid of a QB and coach. To carry that thought through.... TO must have been the nose tackle that gave up 300 yards rushing to the Jets and let the Titans and everyone else run wild over this defense. Or, maybe it was Fewell that had the defense tank in order to get rid of Jauron and he could get the HC job? Or maybe AVP was after the job of HC and he manipulated Jauron into getting of Schonert so he could become OC, then he had the offense tank so he could have a shot at HC but lost in a heavy duty power struggle to Fewell. There are more subplots at OBD than in Othello.