Gay Marriage Bill Defeated In NYS Senate

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because by definition marriage is between a man and a woman. Period.

By whose definition?

There's no such thing as a formal definition of marriage between a man and a woman. There are societal moires that dictated marriage to be between a man and a woman, as well as religious dictum that classified it as such, but from a legal standpoint it's still wide open.

By whose definition?

There's no such thing as a formal definition of marriage between a man and a woman. There are societal moires that dictated marriage to be between a man and a woman, as well as religious dictum that classified it as such, but from a legal standpoint it's still wide open.

By everyone since the dawn of time. It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

2, 3, maybe 5 years on this will no longer be an issue.

Just a progression, or as some would have it a regression.

Doesn't affect me so I don't care either way but some of my gay and lesbian friends are concerned.

I tell them what I always do....be patient. Don't rock the boat...

2, 3, maybe 5 years on this will no longer be an issue.

Just a progression, or as some would have it a regression.

Doesn't effect me so I don't care either way but some of my gay and lesbian friends are concerned.

I tell them what I always do....be patient. Don't rock the boat...

I tell them they're barking up the wrong tree. They need to take this to Washington. It's on the Fed side where they're getting screwed. So they get recognized as a married couple in the state but doesn't help them on the fed side.

I tell them they're barking up the wrong tree. They need to take this to Washington. It's on the Fed side where they're getting screwed. So they get recognized as a married couple in the state but doesn't help them on the fed side.

No thanks. It is a state issue.