Gay Marriage Bill Defeated In NYS Senate

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, this is about creating new rights that are not in The Constitution.

Have you ever read the Constitution or Bill of Rights? They don't grant the population rights, they restrict the government's ability to take them away.

This is normally the point when I'd call you a moron, but it's just too damned self-evident in this case to be worth the effort.

Have you ever read the Constitution or Bill of Rights? They don't grant the population rights, they restrict the government's ability to take them away.

This is normally the point when I'd call you a moron, but it's just too damned self-evident in this case to be worth the effort.

This isn't the goverment taking away rights its refusing to grant special rights to a small minority. You clearly don't understand the Constitution. :censored:

This isn't the goverment taking away rights its refusing to grant special rights to a small minority. You clearly don't understand the Constitution. :censored:

Okay then, you pea-brain, why don't you, in your apparently boundless Constitutional wisdom, explain to me exactly where in the Constitution of the United States or New York State it prohibits the granting of rights to minorities.

Ever hear of the Equal Protection Clause? :censored:

I think the better question is: have YOU ever heard of the Equal Protection Clause?

Because an amendment to the Constitution that states "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; [...]; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." isn't exactly proving your point. :lol: