Gay Marriage Bill Defeated In NYS Senate

And there you have it, folks. Religion: the last refuge for bigots.

Then you really must hate our bigoted, religious President. He's against gay marriage, he's religious, and now according to you, a bigot as well. While we are at it, you must also dislike our bigoted Secretary of State, her husband, and all the Democrats and Republicans that voted for the Defense of Marriage act, or all the state legislators, and all the private citizens who voted against it in referendums...yes, religious bigots all....

....or maybe, you should watch your mouth. :sick: You want to throw that name around at people, you better realize that you are calling way more than half the country bigots. Just a friendly head's up. You may find yourself face down in a puddle of your own piss if you apply that name to the wrong person in real life as you so casually seem to apply it here.

This is another fine example of what happens when the anti-religious start telling is that they are now in charge of morality.....instant hypocrisy and unintended consequences galore.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there you have it, folks. Religion: the last refuge for bigots.

I could care less about religion- those lesbians and gay boys kissing give me the creeps. I don't care what they do at home-just don't shove it in my face. Yeah I am a redneck mule Skinner but a "marriage" that has to go to a 3rd party to have children is a farce.

Form a LLC and call it what you will- just don't call it a marriage.

He's a politician. He's against whatever will keep him employed. Politicians lose their principles very quickly. The ultimate chameleons

....and while that may be true...it certainly doesn't get McKinley off the hook here. I don't believe Obama is a bigot anymore than I believe the all of the religious right have their head on straight when it comes to the concept of compassion.

But if we are going to use McKinley's retarded standard, and judge everyone by it as he is doing here, then we must include everyone who is on record as against gay marriage as "bigoted", including Obama.

It's flat out indecent, and has no place in a rational discussion of the issue. This nonsense cannot be tolerated, never mind accepted.

what you do behind closed doors is your business.... 0:)

Yeah I am a redneck mule Skinner

Yeah...all those 'normal' man and woman couples that are unable to conceive children be damned.... :sick:

but a "marriage" that has to go to a 3rd party to have children is a farce.

What a surprising retort. This plays out the same way every single time. Your next post will be something about bestiality or pedophilia because that's all you pea-brained sycophants can bring to the table when you're confronted with the reality that FREEDOM isn't FREEDOM unless it's for the minority as well.

Now get back to sloganeering about how you love America and how other people are ruining it, you hypocritical douchebag.

you know Darin, i 've truly hated you in some past threads, but i could marry you when you are like that!! :sick:

doesn't diminish the fact that in my humble opinion his point is stupid....people should be free to love and 'marry' who they chose to 'marry' and government should stay the f*** out of it...and religion is the last 'institution' to be sticking their noses in it....

Pretty sure his point was that this is forced to happen with homosexual couples 100% of the time.

Exactly. Permit "marriage" to be granted only by religious institutions. Permit governmental authorities to grant "legal partnership" status. Problem solved.

it's not that easy... In France if you want to be legally married you have to go to your townhouse (and some non religious people even just only go there without any church marriage). The french government has created a "legal partnership" mainly for homosexuals that gives the partners about the same rights than a legal marriage but is not called a "marriage" . Only problem is the homosexuals do not understand why it can't be called a "marriage"... in fact it's not them who are fighting for a word but the government... bigots are everywhere and not only in religions and churches...

I could care less about religion- those lesbians and gay boys kissing give me the creeps. I don't care what they do at home-just don't shove it in my face. Yeah I am a redneck mule Skinner but a "marriage" that has to go to a 3rd party to have children is a farce.

doesn't diminish the fact that in my humble opinion his point is stupid....people should be free to love and 'marry' who they chose to 'marry' and government should stay the f*** out of it...and religion is the last 'institution' to be sticking their noses in it....

Do you see just what your eyes wish to see?

But this is the entire friggin reason they are doing this. Let's examine how we got here, shall we:

1. Far-left people decided they were gonna stick it to the far right.

2. So, they start out passing laws or, more likely, filing lawsuits, in liberal dominated states like Massachusetts and California that say it's ok for Steve to Marry Adam

3. The religious center and the far right counter, rally a groundswell of support, partly because of the matter itself, mostly because of the manner in which it was handled.

4. 40+ states pass anti-gay marriage laws, all the referendums defeat gay marriage, and now, even NYS says no.

First of all, if I were gay, and interested in marriage, I'd be pissed right now. I went from: having a chance at one day getting married, to, no chance at all...but why?

You say that we are arguing over a word, and you come up with a perfectly rational/legal way to deal with this entire issue, yet it won't be adopted by anyone on the pro-gay marriage side. Why?

Alaska Darrin, etc. deride every "round the bend" Christian that shows up on this board, and that sentiment is shared by many, including myself, that there simply is no rational reason to deny anybody equal rights under the law....however, at the same time, in vote after vote, people choose the anti-gay marriage side, Why?

Because we all know that this issue started with:

Just like on this board, the far left are going to do whatever they want and call you names if you don't agree with them. In fact, HOW DARE you disagree with them. They have laid claim to all morality, and since they deny religion, they are the sole arbiters of right and wrong and therefore disagreeing with them makes you immoral.... 0:):sick::lol:

Ultimately, even if we generally agree with some form of civil union for gay people, we hate far-left people trying to push their out-of-control PC agenda on us far more.

You said: by insisting on calling their unions marriage, gay groups are heading straight into the teeth of religious opposition.

Yes, because this was never about simply allowing gays to marry, this was always about:

Both wings could drop dead today and it wouldn't be a loss- laws are supposed to be about fairness in society. Not making people happy or pacifying a specific voter group

Then you really must hate our bigoted, religious President. He's against gay marriage, he's religious, and now according to you, a bigot as well. While we are at it, you must also dislike our bigoted Secretary of State, her husband, and all the Democrats and Republicans that voted for the Defense of Marriage act, or all the state legislators, and all the private citizens who voted against it in referendums...yes, religious bigots all....

....or maybe, you should watch your mouth. :D You want to throw that name around at people, you better realize that you are calling way more than half the country bigots. Just a friendly head's up. You may find yourself face down in a puddle of your own piss if you apply that name to the wrong person in real life as you so casually seem to apply it here.

This is another fine example of what happens when the anti-religious start telling is that they are now in charge of morality.....instant hypocrisy and unintended consequences galore.

1. I'm a Libertarian, not a Democrat. I could care less about Obama, the Clintons, or any Republicrat that wants to force government into our private lives.

2. I never said religious people must necessarily be bigots; all I stated was that bigoted people tend to resort to religious "logic" (i.e. "the Bible said it so it must be true" theorem) as a last desperate measure to support their bigotry when all other rational arguments fail. I'm fully aware of the many millions of "a la carte" religious folk who don't actually believe in every single irrational dogmatic point; they stick with religion for the sense of community, the volunteerism, the cultural heritage, etc...

3. "Face down in a puddle of piss?" LMAO thanks for the friendly heads up, tough guy.

:D Your candor is duly noted. Well at least you're not hiding behind religion.