Division still within grasp???

Lenigmusx

Pats have 3 more road games. If they lose to Miami, Us and Houston on the road and the big if..we win out its ours!!!

If we had won @NE, CLE, @JAX we would have been 7-4 and in the thick of the playoff race....

If we had won @NE, CLE, @JAX we would have been 7-4 and in the thick of the playoff race....

CLE!! CLEVELAND... WTF. How Dick kept his job after that game will forever remain a mystery to me...

Sorry for the outburst... i'm done now.

Guys, at the risk of peeing in the proverbial punch bowl, it was one win.

One.

Against a divisional opponent.

A sub-0.500 divisional opponent.

With a rookie QB.

Without their best player.

It was fun, yes. But the bi-polar shift in the thinking of more than a few of you is staggering.

I'm glad the team looked better, but let's all calm down and see what happens.

Ironically, they probably have a better chance of winning the division than they do of getting a wild card spot.

Somebody put together a site where he estimated the odds for each team/spot:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

Great site. I love the Losing Magic Numbers chart for elimination from playoffs. For the Bills:

AFCE - 3 (combo of Bills wins and Pats* losses)

Wild Card - 2

Interesting that the Jags are less likely to make the playoffs than the Steelers or Ravens, yet are the only one of the 3 that control their own destiny.

According to this, the Bills have a less than 1% chance to win the division or make the playoffs as a wildcard.

Actually 1% of winning the division (4th position, if I understand their layout), < 1% of wildcard. Which actually, makes sense... winning the division will probably take fewer overall wins than capturing a wild card in the AFC

Great site. I love the Losing Magic Numbers chart for elimination from playoffs. For the Bills:

AFCE - 3 (combo of Bills wins and Pats* losses)

Wild Card - 2

Interesting that the Jags are less likely to make the playoffs than the Steelers or Ravens, yet are the only one of the 3 that control their own destiny.

That's a great website.

Look, all I did was answer what would have to happen for the Bills to win the AFC east. I'm not making predictions. However, this is a critical weekend. If the Bills and Dolphins win, our odds improve dramatically.

PTR