Time Warner-NFL Network Bills-Jets Game

cuse

Games on the local channels are blacked out on the ticket. I think a game the wasn't a sell out would be on the ticket in Syracuse & Rochester.

While your thought is logical, it is incorrect. If the Bills don't sell out a game in Rich Stadium, the game will not be available to Sunday Ticket Subscribers in the Ra-cha-cha and Syracuse markets. Just because we pay a few hundred to watch the games on the telly is no reason for us to be able to see them. Which really stinks for the people in the Syracuse market, because no portion of the Syracuse market is currently in the blackout region (but a small sliver was when CBS took over the AFC games) so Syracuse is grandfathered into the blackout which didn't occur in Syracuse until CBS took over the rights. :P

I expect the NFL network game in TO won't be blacked out there if it doesn't sell out, but do not know that for certain.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you all already know that the game will not be televised in the Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo markets by Time Warner. I called Time Warner last night and they informed me the NFL Network has exclusive rights to the game. This means it doesn't matter if you are in the primary or secondary market, & if you do not have a cable provider that has the NFL network you will not see this game. THIS SUCKS AND I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BLAME, THE NFL OR TIME WARNER!!!!!

No doubt, both sides are to blame! NFL Network wont give in to Time Warner's idea to show it on the Sports Tier and Time Warner says it has to up it's fees if it puts it on basic cable! Time Warner is full of crap since they raise their rates every year! The NFL is full of crap saying they want the exposure of basic cable, yet are very happy to keep this going and have NO exposure at all in TW-Only markets!

My problem is I have too many trees for Satelite and FIOS isn't available! I'm stuck with TWC!

Here's a funny one, my brother used to have Adelphia and the NFL Network. When Time Warner bought Adelphia out, they had to offer the same channels as the previous provider. Now my brother has Time Warner, AND the NFL Network. The funny thing? Time Warner blocks out ALL NFL Network Thursday Night regular-season games due to their fued with the NFL!

Doesn't that suck?

Gino

Go Bills!

Yeah, then you just wouldn't be able to see the Sabres and Leafs tonight.

True, but I'm a NFL fan not really a NHL fan. I personally think the NFL channel is one of the best stations available and I would give up all other sports channels for it. I watch it prectiacally everyday and their daily sportsdesk show called 'NFL Total Access' is top notch. Plus DirecTV offers the NFL ticket which I've subscribed to for the past 7 years and would have a hard time giving up by switching to TW. Last I looked which was a few years ago, DirecTV was actually less expensive then TW.

Regardless, I think TW should offer the NFL channel. If they really wanted to they could easily give into the requirements the NFL is requesting and offer it in their basic or standard package.

Not according to the schedule on my cable box. I thought I recall Milwaukee not having it over the air when the Packers were on the NFL Network.

I just did the same--Channel 8 has nothing but their basic programming on that night. Luckily I have NFL network. But then my buddy's band is playing that night, so I'm night seeing it regardless

As far as the NFL Network wanting to stay on the Basic Tier, the NFL is the most watched sports league on the planet...perfectly reasonable that they want their exposure to be at a maximum. A sports tier should be for the regional and specialty sports channels, IMO.

Regarding who's at fault...Time Warner or NFL Network on pricing

I heard this from a buddy of mine who lives in the city

When Adelphia was running things, they added NFL Network, ESPNU, and several other channels to their basic line-up and prices went up $2.22 a month per subscriber.After Time Warner took over and then subsequently dropped NFL Network and, I believe, some of the other channels that Adelphia had added, they kept the rate hike that Adelphia had put in place to cover the cost of those channels.

Simply put, Buffalonians are still paying for NFL Network but not getting it.

Yep this is true and when TW dropped the NFL Network it took me about....oh ten minutes or so to call and drop cable like a lead balloon and another ten to order Direct TV and never looked back. TW is just a gutless blood-sucking Machiavellian underhanded organization....and IM being kind. I will never ever go back to cable.

NFL.com broadcasts all the NFL Network and NBC Sunday Night Games.....not only that but they have a feature where you can choose your own camera.......

The only problem with NFL.com broadcasts is that they do not show the entire game, only clips of it. Most of the time you are watching analysts talking about the league in a studio rather than watching the game.

I blame the greedy !@#$s of the NFL. Their blackout rules suck balls and always have. That is the root of the problem.

No, clearly TW is to blame here. EVERY OTHER major cable company now has NFL network.Concessions were made by both entities. If TW spent half the energy in negotiations with NFLN as they did with their media campaign against them, we'd have the channel by now. TW's arguments don't hold water. They say NFLN is too specific and doesn't appeal to enough of their customer base to justify it. Then they give us NBA network, a much less popular league that appeals to even fewer customers. :D

The NFL is charging a premium for the NFL channel and expects Time Warner to offer it in the standard program lineup. That means that TW would have to raise rates for everyone, instead of offering it in a separate package just for those who want it and are willing to pay for it. Time Warner is not going to eat the cost (because they're nice guys) and the NFL is not going to give it away for free (because they're nice guys). So, Time Warner wants to put it in a sports package and the NFL is saying no; you have to do it our way or no way. I blame the NFL.

BTW - Because of the DirecTV/Versus spat, I can't watch tonight's Sabres game even though I have the Center Ice package... B.S. everywhere.

What do you work at TW or something? Every other major cable company has now negotiated and are carrying NFLN. Is TW somehow different than these other companies? How on earth is the NFL to blame when all the other major players in cable were able to get it done? Sorry to break it to you, but TW is getting ready to raise their rates again. They still don't have NFLN. So no correlation there. They just took out full page ads "asking" their customers to vote online if they should "roll over" or "get tough" with the channels they carry in negotiations with their current providers. Translation= your rates are about to go up so vote online so we can look like we tried to fight before we raise your rates again and still don't carry the networks you want. TW sucks.

I have direct TV but the problem with that in the 'Cuse is that the time warner sports channel has all the SU stuff. To get NFL network and be able to see all the SU games, I need both.

Mickey, I have the solution to your problem my friend. I live in Portland, OR and am an a avid Cuse fan. I got Directv for the NFL package to get all the Bills games. Half of the Cuse games are on ESPN, the other half (mostly the games now) can be seen if you add the "sports pack" to your programming for a couple of months. Channels like SNY, MASN, and Yes carry the rest of the Cuse games. The only exception being when ESPN360 has the game which only happens once or twice a year. It is $12 a month for 2-3 months, well worth it.

NFL.com broadcasts all the NFL Network and NBC Sunday Night Games.....not only that but they have a feature where you can choose your own camera.......

Is this true?

Because I went to NFL.com, checked out the link for the game and all it said was "listen live with FieldPass." They DO show the archived video.

I would be surprised if the cable providers and NBC were okay with the NFL simulcasting games online for which the providers and NBC paid out the nose to show on TV.

No, clearly TW is to blame here. EVERY OTHER major cable company now has NFL network.

According to Wikipedia the following cable companies do NOT carry NFL Network:

Time Warner Cable #2

Charter Communications #3

Cablevision #5

Bright House Networks #6

Suddenlink Communications #7

Mediacom Communications #8

Cable One #9

Looks like you're wrong. :thumbsup:

According to Wikipedia the following cable companies do NOT carry NFL Network:

Time Warner Cable #2

Charter Communications #3

Cablevision #5

Bright House Networks #6

Suddenlink Communications #7

Mediacom Communications #8

Cable One #9

Looks like you're wrong. :thumbsup:

Sorry ballz, but I said MAJOR as in Comcast, Time warner and COX. Cox barely makes the top 3 list , but are one of the cable "big three". The rest that you mentioned are small time playaz. Read the entire post next time before you call me wrong. :doh:

WHAM radio reported that the NFL Network gave BUFFALO local channels the option to pay to carry the game, but did not extend the "offer" to what is considered the Buffalo viewing area.

So TV stations in Rochester, Syracuse, etc. were denied permission to carry the game!

Sorry ballz, but I said MAJOR as in Comcast, Time warner and COX. Cox barely makes the top 3 list , but are one of the cable "big three". The rest that you mentioned are small time playaz. Read the entire post next time before you call me wrong. B-)

Hmmmm....only numbers missing are #1 and #4. Must be only Comcast and Cox. :D

I say we should move ESPN to the sports tier and add NFL Network to standard. ESPN is a VERY expensive channel. ;)

I switch to Fios last week and saved $60 a month and the NFL network! Love me some Fios!

I would've done this months ago, but FIOS still isn't available for me.

This whole tiff between the NFL & TW reminds me of 3-year-olds fighting over the pail in a sandbox. ;)