shooting fish in a barrel, but props to Jerry S

dave mcbride

Was the M of H bashing you and questioning your manhood on the radio or over the internet? There's a big difference.

PF has definitely gotten through to many Bills accustomed to DJ's timid approach. I refuse to anoint him the next coach, but he's at least given other teams an idea of who he is and how anti-DJ he can be.

This was a good win, and it's a good sign the former DC has made the offense better. No one ever thought DJ made an offense better, but PF has done just that in 2 games. Heck, Fitz has almost 550 yards passing in those games. Not bad for a guy on his 3rd team in 5 seasons.

PF has definitely gotten through to many Bills accustomed to DJ's timid approach. I refuse to anoint him the next coach, but he's at least given other teams an idea of who he is and how anti-DJ he can be.

This was a good win, and it's a good sign the former DC has made the offense better. No one ever thought DJ made an offense better, but PF has done just that in 2 games. Heck, Fitz has almost 550 yards passing in those games. Not bad for a guy on his 3rd team in 5 seasons.

I think Perry is letting AVP do his job. Look at why Turk was fired. He wouldn't dumb down the offense for "limp" Dick. I think I heard last week that Fewell is letting AVP do whatever he wants. He certainly gave the green light to Fitz to audible.

PTR

say what you want about jerry sullivan, but when there is credit due, there is credit given. great article, and our new coach seems to be doing just about everything that we as bills fans would want. we just squished the fish...WAY TO GO COACH!!!!!!!!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Perry is letting AVP do his job. Look at why Turk was fired. He wouldn't dumb down the offense for "limp" Dick. I think I heard last week that Fewell is letting AVP do whatever he wants. He certainly gave the green light to Fitz to audible.

PTR

I never felt that DJ let any of his coordinators (Fairchild, Schonert, or AVP) do their thing. He wanted an offense which complemented his defense no matter how simple. We saw much of the same garbage across three OC's, even though offensive personnel wasn't much different from 07 to 08.

DJ is to a NFL offense as a tornado is to Kansas farms. I would agree that Perry is delegating and not micromanaging the offense. The fact that Fitz has played in different systems and takes chances also helps. I think DJ corrupted Trent, who I admit is not mentally strong, into being a field version of DJ. Fitz is the right man at this time.

say what you want about jerry sullivan, but when there is credit due, there is credit given. great article, and our new coach seems to be doing just about everything that we as bills fans would want. we just squished the fish...WAY TO GO COACH!!!!!!!!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simple as that :D

And what a great point about Rian's FG. Jauron punts in that situation every time, Miami takes over and can rely on the run to eat up a little clock and get into FG position for the win. Loved the call.

At this point in the season, we should bask in every positive - and today was great. I say give Fewell a legit shot to take over and approach T.O. about 2010. Why not?

Very good article. It made me feel like maybe if Perry can change this team around in a short time then why shouldn't he get a legit shot at the spot next year. It seems like something that would happen to the Bills; Finally we get a chance for a big name, experienced, proven coach and some hotshot takes it from us with his new attitude. Hell I'm all for it if we keep playing well and start showing some winning emotion.

I never felt that DJ let any of his coordinators (Fairchild, Schonert, or AVP) do their thing. He wanted an offense which complemented his defense no matter how simple. We saw much of the same garbage across three OC's, even though offensive personnel wasn't much different from 07 to 08.

DJ is to a NFL offense as a tornado is to Kansas farms. I would agree that Perry is delegating and not micromanaging the offense. The fact that Fitz has played in different systems and takes chances also helps. I think DJ corrupted Trent, who I admit is not mentally strong, into being a field version of DJ. Fitz is the right man at this time.

To me DJ would be more like a sleeping pill than a tornado.

QUOTE (swnybillsfan @ Nov 29 2009, 10:28 PM)

say what you want about jerry sullivan,

I do – imho he is a malignant SOB – wish he was out of Buffalo also.

but when there is credit due, there is credit given.

No, not always – this is not a true statement.

great article,

Good article, not great – that no talent hack is not capable of writing a great article – only great writers get that kind of credit.

and our new coach seems to be doing just about everything that we as bills fans would want.

I agree with you totally on this point.

we just squished the fish...

How sweet it was too!

WAY TO GO COACH!!!!!!!!!!

Well said!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed – GO BILLS!

A column like that writes itself. A feel-good win over a hated divisional rival. The first victory for the interim coach? Please.

There are dozens of people on this board who could have attended Fewell's press conference and written something as good or better.

Wasn't he bashing Fewell last week?