WHAT IS WRONG WITH WGR

sleaky72

Schlepp and the Bullfart are the 2 worst sports radio personalities on air anywhere. Filliponi is pretty bad also.

Eventually wgr will sink because of these 2.

I wouldn't hold your breath if I was you on GR sinking anytime soon. I don't like the crap that comes out of their mouths either so I gave up tuning in many moons ago.

Schoop, Chris Parker (AKA "Bulldog" ) and Howard Simon all sold their souls to remain in their gigs. If they didn't follow the company line of bashing the Bills at every opportunity, they would be out of a job...and fast. They are "owned" by the Sabres thru and thru. The Sabres are competitors with the Bills not only in ticket dollars but in prestige. The Sabres are thought of as a second fiddle on the sports ladder of national recognition and there is an all out war by the Sabres through their "mouthpieces" at WGR to carrying it out.

Howard Simon had a very good sports show on WNIA. Very knowledgeable and was usually a good listen. Did Simon take dummy pills and turn into a Kumquat? or did the powers that be tell him that's what they wanted to hear come out of his mounth on air? You can bet its the second option. Same for Chris Parker. He also was a good listen when he first started out on WBEN with John Murphy and then on his own show. Very good young sports mind and I was rooting for him to make it on radio. Goes to Gr, gets reinvented as a bulldog and becomes a puppet to the inane mentality of Schoop. Speaking of Schoop; 'GR didn't need to feed him nasty pills, that's just the way he is naturally. Of course their younger listening audience adore his rude in your face talk. The more abusive any of them become the more these young insecure kids suck up to them.

IM not saying anyone here is like that just my observations from listening in the past. Young caller after young caller, getting insulted and worse and still going back to the trough for more. Why? And to make matters worse, I have never ever heard one of these young kids have any guts to challenge being called a pu$$y by Schoop.

Yes WGR has nothing to fear. There will always be a segment, abeit a very small segment of either insecure or immature or both that call into a sports talk radio program, get their a$$es kicked and enjoy it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall Miami was using their time outs and they could still score and then onside kick. Do you remember Dallas Monday night game and the New England game this year. Bills did it right. Plus I love to stick it to Miami and Joey Porter possibly the best example of bad sportsmanship.

Ughhh boy do I miss Sirius :D

Bills show so much heart and win a great game and all these clowns are doing is questioning their sportsmanship and nitpicking coaching decisions.

Whatever, I miss WNSA

Amen. What a horrible post-game. I'd never heard of these guys before, but they were flat out awful. I could only listen to so much of it before turning it off. The lead guy (Schopp?) shouldn't even be fired; he should be shot (sarcasm...kind of). The other guy (Bulldog?) wasn't much better. Why not analyze what went wrong and what went right and how to improve upon it instead of harping on Fred Jackson running three yards for an additional score? Don't forget, Miami embarrassed us 38-10 week 4, and we weren't putting in the air, but merely trying to run the clock up and gain a little respect in the meantime. Makes me long for the days of Mike and the Mad Dog down in the NYC area. I used to love listening to WGR leaving the games, but I will not be listening to these schmucks again.

If I recall Miami was using their time outs and they could still score and then onside kick. Do you remember Dallas Monday night game and the New England game this year. Bills did it right. Plus I love to stick it to Miami and Joey Porter possibly the best example of bad sportsmanship.

Someone finally brings up the main point, if Miami doesn't start calling time outs the game ends 24-14, they hadn't quit so why should the Bills.

Those two give me a headache. I am done with their whiny-ass assessments and worthless negative opinions.

My favorite part was how they wouldn't let it go, kept saying that they were right, period, then would take a call, hang up, tell you they were right because they are good at their jobs, then say "I can't believe you keep bringing this up!" It was like arguing with my wife. So I just turned them off and jammed "Talkin' Proud" on repeat all the way home.

I want to say this...watching Bruce highlights was F#@king awesome!! We need to really be the 12th man again. That does not mean a bunch of doom and gloom whiny a$$holes like these two jerks, but the rabid, uber-supportive fan base we keep getting labeled by the media in relation to HC job. I am telling you what, we don't look too rapid lately...we turn on our guys, we turn on each other, every play everybody is bitching, or booing... I was as frustrated as the next guy with the Richard J Regime, and I am not saying I was always Sammy Sunshine, but I realize two things: 1. I don't like being miserable 2. I, if I were talented enough to play in the NFL would not want to play in Buffalo...I am human, as are they. I make mistakes. If every time I made a mistake I had to deal with the negative s#@t storm in Buffalo, I'd want out. If I was in the area, and hear, as I am sure they do, what these two pencil-d#$ks, and Sully are saying about me, I would have to ask myself why I was putting up with this crap when I could work 29 other places, and stand a better chance of being appreciated or ignored?

I drive in from Erie for all the home games, and listen to these guys once in a while on the way home. It depends on whose driving, because I won't turn them on, but tonight it started to hit me that they could actually be the source for all of the whining and negativity that hurts this franchise. When your local guys sound like they work for the opposition, it's time to switch the dial. These two take a call, hang up on the person, then bash them... I don't know about you, but growing up, I was taught that was a cheap-shot. You want to have an opinion, that is great, encouraged even, but listen to somebody else. These two hang up and then stroke each other off bashing the caller that was just on the line.

The post game on WGR is basically the radio equivalent of trolling on message boards. Find two things to nitpick about to generate some calls, then call the callers names and hang up on them.

Made me wish that "The Coach" was back on the air...

I wouldn't hold your breath if I was you on GR sinking anytime soon. I don't like the crap that comes out of their mouths either so I gave up tuning in many moons ago.

Schoop, Chris Parker (AKA "Bulldog" ) and Howard Simon all sold their souls to remain in their gigs. If they didn't follow the company line of bashing the Bills at every opportunity, they would be out of a job...and fast. They are "owned" by the Sabres thru and thru. The Sabres are competitors with the Bills not only in ticket dollars but in prestige. The Sabres are thought of as a second fiddle on the sports ladder of national recognition and there is an all out war by the Sabres through their "mouthpieces" at WGR to carrying it out.

Howard Simon had a very good sports show on WNIA. Very knowledgeable and was usually a good listen. Did Simon take dummy pills and turn into a Kumquat? or did the powers that be tell him that's what they wanted to hear come out of his mounth on air? You can bet its the second option. Same for Chris Parker. He also was a good listen when he first started out on WBEN with John Murphy and then on his own show. Very good young sports mind and I was rooting for him to make it on radio. Goes to Gr, gets reinvented as a bulldog and becomes a puppet to the inane mentality of Schoop. Speaking of Schoop; 'GR didn't need to feed him nasty pills, that's just the way he is naturally. Of course their younger listening audience adore his rude in your face talk. The more abusive any of them become the more these young insecure kids suck up to them.

IM not saying anyone here is like that just my observations from listening in the past. Young caller after young caller, getting insulted and worse and still going back to the trough for more. Why? And to make matters worse, I have never ever heard one of these young kids have any guts to challenge being called a pu$$y by Schoop.

Yes WGR has nothing to fear. There will always be a segment, abeit a very small segment of either insecure or immature or both that call into a sports talk radio program, get their a$$es kicked and enjoy it.

A few years ago, I would have agreed 100% with this post. But, now I think the station is a lot more fair. They criticize the Sabres quite a bit - at least the afternoon, I don't listen in the morning......And, they give the Bills credit when it's due........However, I have to agree with whoever said it above. I'm a fan of S&B during the week, but they totally blow on the postgame, and today really was their worst performance yet........I turned it back on later and Nick Mendola was great. he should be doing the whole thing.

Men, these guys are doing everything to diminish this win.

Schoop is just a first class jerk and totally obnoxious, I cant listen anymore, this is seriously pathetic. And bulldog reminds me of the classic Bar -Friend Lackey who is good for laughs and agrees with everything u say

Get Mike Schlep off the air!

Ughhh boy do I miss Sirius :D

Bills show so much heart and win a great game and all these clowns are doing is questioning their sportsmanship and nitpicking coaching decisions.

Whatever, I miss WNSA

That's how you get people fired up and listening. Typical way to get ratings.

I don't like listening to random locker room interviews, so I switched to WGR during that segment of the 97 Rock postgame show. After a few minutes of them calling the Bills out for unsportsmanlike behavior for running up the score instead of taking a knee, I had enough & went back to 97 Rock. WGR was at its absolute worst after the game. If the Dolphins didn't want the Bills to score more THEY could have done two things-stop the run or stop completing passes to our guys and run the time out themselves. If Miami was willing to keep playing, and by passing they obviously were, then the Bills had every right to keep playing as well.

Amen. What a horrible post-game. I'd never heard of these guys before, but they were flat out awful. I could only listen to so much of it before turning it off. The lead guy (Schopp?) shouldn't even be fired; he should be shot (sarcasm...kind of). The other guy (Bulldog?) wasn't much better. Why not analyze what went wrong and what went right and how to improve upon it instead of harping on Fred Jackson running three yards for an additional score? Don't forget, Miami embarrassed us 38-10 week 4, and we weren't putting in the air, but merely trying to run the clock up and gain a little respect in the meantime. Makes me long for the days of Mike and the Mad Dog down in the NYC area. I used to love listening to WGR leaving the games, but I will not be listening to these schmucks again.

These guys are true knuckleheads. Did anyone from Miami complain about the score? These guys started the topic of "The Bills running up the score" and numerous fans called in defending the decision. The two knuckleheads then insulted caller after caller stating that the argument was illogical. Schopp is a real a$$. He insults callers and is condescending. Buffalo deserves better than this. All kinds of positive things to talk about e.g. Bills beat a division rival, Fewell gets his first win, Fitzpatrick has a nice game, two games in a row where TO is making the plays that fans have been hoping for, but no. They start it off by complaining about the Bills running up the score. The Bills won. I was there and it was nice to see the Bills come out, hang tough, and play smart, aggressive football. I know that it hurts the draft position for next year but the Bills really needed a win against a fairly decent opponent.

The post game on WGR is basically the radio equivalent of trolling on message boards. Find two things to nitpick about to generate some calls, then call the callers names and hang up on them.

Made me wish that "The Coach" was back on the air...

This is exactly what i thought..they were tryin to generate calls. This was not running up the score. they were running the ball, not passing. I could not listen to this nonsense for more than a few minutes before turning it off. I turned it back on a little before 6 pm and they were still talking about it. The Bills finally win a game impressively and this is what they talk about? Those two lost alot of credibility with that postgame show.

Mike Schoop, the bastian of civility and good sportsmanship, telling us all how to feel as usual. For the record, Howard Simon totally ridiculed his claims that the Bills were unsportsmanlike this morning. It was good to see Howard not be afraid to criticize his co-worker. Basically, it was along the lines of "unsportsmanlike, are you freakin' kidding me!?!".