The Day Buffalo Bills Football was Reborn?

We'll have to see what happens from here on out, but today had a MUCH different feel. Not just winning, but the attitude the team took into this game. They were bringing pressure, playing aggressive... taking the game to Miami. When Fitzpatrick launched that bomb to T.O. and essentially sealed the deal, I had to say to myself... "Ye Ole'... I think Buffalo Bills football has returned..."

We'll have to see what happens from here on out, but today had a MUCH different feel. Not just winning, but the attitude the team took into this game. They were bringing pressure, playing aggressive... taking the game to Miami. When Fitzpatrick launched that bomb to T.O. and essentially sealed the deal, I had to say to myself... "Ye Ole'... I think Buffalo Bills football has returned..."

It was like a different team, and game.

Nice win.

Give these guys an O-line and some D-line help, a QB, and you might have something there.

.............................................................I'm used to the weather on TBD changing with every single win/loss but this is going too far. :blink:

Grippy, I believe if you take the time to reread my post you'll find sufficient provisions for your rebuttal. It's not about the win, it's about how the team played and the manner in which they ultimately won. Games we've won in the past few seasons rarely, if ever had this flow. This team went into the 4th quarter today and didn't go into a soft zone, they brought heat, time and time again. They didn't run the ball up the gut 3 times and punt, they took a shot for the TD. Not to mention, Perry had the stones to send Lindell back out there and take that 56 yard shot at a FG. You could see the look in Lindell's face when he nailed it... it was different. There's a certain confidence there that I haven't seen in a while. It played out much differently. Remember the Jets game earlier this year? Had we won this game in a similar fashion, I would take the win, but not hold out much hope that things are changing. Today was different. As stated in the original post... 5 games left... lets see if it continues.

I def. felt dif. today than I have in past weeks. I had the passion back. I hope we're back...

I'll grant you, they played better than most games this season. And I'm thrilled they did. (Several comments have been blocked by my computer for being rational.) Let's see if that was the rare game that every losing team occasionally has, or if the Bills play like that on Thursday. If the injury to the Jets' Sanchez is serious, we may actually have the advantage.

Its a bold statement but that was a nice preformance by a battered Buffalo Bills team. Perry has them playing 100% then DJ ever did. I was most impressed by the rookie TE, that kid for a brief moment made me remember Pete M. If they can build on this and win some games for the remainder like NE or Ind, then maybe these guys aren't as bad as we think (to quote from Major Leauge).

Grippy, I believe if you take the time to reread my post you'll find sufficient provisions for your rebuttal. It's not about the win, it's about how the team played and the manner in which they ultimately won. Games we've won in the past few seasons rarely, if ever had this flow. This team went into the 4th quarter today and didn't go into a soft zone, they brought heat, time and time again. They didn't run the ball up the gut 3 times and punt, they took a shot for the TD. Not to mention, Perry had the stones to send Lindell back out there and take that 56 yard shot at a FG. You could see the look in Lindell's face when he nailed it... it was different. There's a certain confidence there that I haven't seen in a while. It played out much differently. Remember the Jets game earlier this year? Had we won this game in a similar fashion, I would take the win, but not hold out much hope that things are changing. Today was different. As stated in the original post... 5 games left... lets see if it continues.

That's called "we have nothing to lose" syndrome. Which, by the way, is a far better strategy than "let's play not to lose and see if it works." If I am Fewell, I would have the team play aggressive, risky football every game. He starts out with a 1% chance of being the HC next year. Why not let it all hang out and maybe some miracles will happen? If they look good the last few weeks, that's Fewelll's audition not just for the Bills' job, but any others out there that may be available in the near future.

It was like a different team, and game.

Nice win.

Give these guys an O-line and some D-line help, a QB, and you might have something there.

In this league, if you have a good DL, OL, your Qb can be okay (see Trent Dilfer) and still win the SB. Get a real GM with real scouts and good things could be happening.

The change has certainly put some new life into the team. I think Fitz is taking advantage of the fact that defenses don't really have a lot of film on him yet. That's where it gets hard for a new starting QB. They have to keep disguising their tendencies from game to game to keep being effective. But hey, what the heck, they beat the fish! I had season tickets back when the rivalry really meant something, so I'm happy. Glad to hear the crowd really got into it again.

Nice to cheer for the Bills today with my 2 year old. He was almost confused to why we kept playing the shout song on the stereo!! Nice win.

O-line was still rough. Fitzy will need some treatment by the trainers tonight!! Hope they can hold up Vs the Blitz happy rex ryan D on a short week of rest.

I will say, if we keep playing like this it may make the job more attractive to outside candidates...