Congrats JP

BillsFanLevy

I'm not saying I want JP back, but if he had stayed QB we would have had at least the same number of wins we had under Trent and probably a couple more. And the offense wouldn't have been the snooze fest it has become the last year and a half. We'd still be looking for a QB for next year. But I don't think it would have gotten to the point were I stopped watching Bills games because the offense was so boring and timid.

Just glad I never got a number 7 or number 5 or number 14 Bills jersey.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly PTR.

Here's a refresher for the bring-back-JP fan club.

Just a scant 12 months ago we were 0-6 in the Division and suffered a stunning come from ahead defeat at the hands of the dog-assed JESTS.

Fassel I could take. JP - not so much.

I was looking for that footage for a long time and couldn't find it - thanks for that 'JP refresher', Nanker - reminds me just why we don't miss Jason Peters!

If 400 lb. FatBoy JP (Jason Peters) doesn't totally whiff on blocking 200 lb. Jets' safety Abram Elam, then just stand around watching as his QB runs for his life, the Bills win that game. Once again, good riddance JP - Jason Peters, that is. :thumbdown:

I'm not saying I want JP back, but if he had stayed QB we would have had at least the same number of wins we had under Trent and probably a couple more. And the offense wouldn't have been the snooze fest it has become the last year and a half. We'd still be looking for a QB for next year. But I don't think it would have gotten to the point were I stopped watching Bills games because the offense was so boring and timid.

you are insane

he had a cple yrs and still sucked........he doesn't deserve anymore

If you hadn't stopped watching, you probably wouldn't have written what you did. The offense with Fitzpatrick, who has been the QB the last two weeks, isn't much different than what the Bills would have with JP. He throws the long bombs, hits on a few and misses most, just like JP. Fitzpatrick is a little better than JP because he's smarter, gets rid of the ball quicker, avoiding the Losman-type sacks and fumbles less. Fitzpatrick isn't NFL starting material, but he's better than JP or Trent & will be on next year's team as the 2nd stringer unless Brohm shows he can handle the #2 QB job, then Fitz will join Edwards on a plane out of Buffalo. The last NFL quality starter we had starting was Flutie, and we better be drafting a QB in the 1st round, or trading for one, because we're in big trouble with the current group. Heck, Brohm has never even played in a real NFL game & people are calling for him to start after being plucked off another team's practice squad-that's how low our QB situation has sunk.

Someone gave me an Edwards jersey a few weeks ago & now I'd be ashamed to even wear it at the Ralph tomorrow. I'm going back to my XXL tee shirt over my winter coat for Miami.

Exactly PTR.

Here's a refresher for the bring-back-JP fan club.

Just a scant 12 months ago we were 0-6 in the Division and suffered a stunning come from ahead defeat at the hands of the dog-assed JESTS.

Fassel I could take. JP - not so much.

That was painful... I could disect it as much as anyone else on these boards, but bottom line is yeah, he may have looked good in the UFL with a lot of other NFL castoffs, but maybe that's where he belongs.

I would be very happy to see him backwith The Bills, there is no doubt in my mind, that coaching and offfensive corridination were among the worst regiems in NFL history while he was here.

I would bet he ends up on a NFL roaster before this season completes

I would be very happy to see him backwith The Bills, there is no doubt in my mind, that coaching and offfensive corridination were among the worst regiems in NFL history while he was here.

I would bet he ends up on a NFL roaster before this season completes

Hell, he was on a roaster here and proved he was thoroughly cooked.

Good for him, if I remember correctly the team he beat (Haslett') team was undefeated.

Yeah, they went 6 -0 in a four team league. They remind everyone of the Lombardi Era Green Bay Packers.

Florida 6-0

LV 4-2

California 2-4

NY 0-6

What? No playoffs? Hey - New York could have gotten hot. Craphonso Thorpe could have been the MVP, and then we'd be hearing the praises of Quinn Gray. Think of all we missed!

Check out ESPN.com. They've got the UFL listed as far away from the NFL link as possible.

Yeah, that's right - all the way to the right at the very bottom of their links beginning with:

Poker

WNBA

Lacrosse

Cricket

Rugby

Action Sports

Outdoors

Bassmaster

Rodeo & Bull Riding

UFL

Guest dog14787
LMAO...where did you get the "concussion" from when you say probably playing through a concusssion? Is this the same made up concussion you already admitted giving Trent last year when you said you have no proof or anything but you feel Trent suffered a second concussion last year that he nor the team told anyone about as justification for his terrible second half of the season

Whats with you and making up make believe concussions to validate outlandish claims of greatness of bad quarterbacks?

You try to convince folks that you played football and yet think its impossible for a player to get a concussion and not go on record with it, do you just make things up. Did you watch the game yesterday and see the hit or are you just that dense. JP took a hit hard enough that if it was you, you would be saying, "wheres my mommy" good grief man what in the hells wrong with you.

Its hilarious that you can't post a reply without going back to the same old same old, did I mention TE, no, so why bring him up.

Maybe its because you still haven't gotten over your love for Mary, you know the same Mary you compared to Tom Brady and Montana(posted below) and then threw a hissy fit when I compared him to Jim kelly.

I tried to treat you like a normal poster, but your not, you have a one track mind buddy. :thumbdown:

Check out ESPN.com. They've got the UFL listed as far away from the NFL link as possible.

Yeah, that's right - all the way to the right at the very bottom of their links beginning with:

Poker

WNBA

Lacrosse

Cricket

Rugby

Action Sports

Outdoors

Bassmaster

Rodeo & Bull Riding

UFL

You don't think that has anything to do with the fact that ESPN broadcasts NFL games and a competing network broadcasts UFL games?

Ill give you my hundred to your 10 bucks if Shanahan gets hired JP doesnt get signed.....If they Hire Shanahan all bets on if not its a dead bet......Plummer was a much better qb than JP could ever dream of..As a matter of fact Plummer would have a better shot than JP getting signed By Shanahan if he signed up...Hell YA would have a better shot..LOL..Give up the dream...ROTFLMAO

Hard to tell, Jake Plummer played for an NFL caliber team, JP didn't. The Bills offensive line has declined steadily after the third superbowl and the spoiled brat fans have run out the good linemen, because they don't want the OL's to make more than they do. SO happy that Ruben Brown, Dusty Zeigler and Glen Parker all went to the superbowl after leaving.

At worst, JP could make a solid backup with the kind of offensive coaching that Shanahan brings to the table. We already know he can win a few games if needed.

You don't think that has anything to do with the fact that ESPN broadcasts NFL games and a competing network broadcasts UFL games?

No. I don't. I think it reflects the general prestige the UFL has. It's the useless football league. A "league" of four friggin lousy teams no less.

No. I don't. I think it reflects the general prestige the UFL has. It's the useless football league. A "league" of four friggin lousy teams no less.

You really don't think that ESPN is deliberately downplaying the upstart league because they're so heavily invested in the NFL, or that they'd potentially lose viewers of ESPN's coverage of more bona-fide, legitimate 'sporting activities' such as Texas Hold'em, or BassMaster?

Really???? :thumbdown:

I'm not old enough to recall the AFL's first season. But, I couldn't help but wonder as I watched that game (online) yesterday, were the early days of the AFL as amatuer hour as that? And I'm not talking about the play on the field. Although it was bad at times, it wasn't any worse than watching a Bills/Browns game. But, wow, that half time looked pathetic. The uniforms look like... yuck. The overall look and feel of the league looked like something a few kids in their garage dreamed up (no offense to kids in their garage).

If the UFL wants to make it, they need to at least try and look like a professional league.

I'm not old enough to recall the AFL's first season. But, I couldn't help but wonder as I watched that game (online) yesterday, were the early days of the AFL as amatuer hour as that? And I'm not talking about the play on the field. Although it was bad at times, it wasn't any worse than watching a Bills/Browns game. But, wow, that half time looked pathetic. The uniforms look like... yuck. The overall look and feel of the league looked like something a few kids in their garage dreamed up (no offense to kids in their garage).

If the UFL wants to make it, they need to at least try and look like a professional league.

I guess it's the entrepreneur in me that sees it otherwise. I give the founders of the league a lot of credit for getting it started. I watched about 5 games and came away with a good impression of the play on the field, the coaching, officiating and TV coverage. No it wasn't always up to NFL standards but they working with much smaller budgets and it's a startup. I'd like to see it succeed and it provides a nice opportunity for fans to see games at a much lower cost and for palyers to play that otherwise wouldn't. If there was a team here in Chicago, I'd take my family to see a game.