Pike

billsfan_34

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is who I want the Bills to draft in the first round. He is big, strong arm, keeps his eyes down field, good pocket presence, can play in the elements and very savvy. I honestly would rather have him than Tebow. This kid reminds me of Roethslisberger.

Agreed on the Ben R comparison. I would take this kid--he strikes me as having "it."

This is who I want the Bills to draft in the first round. He is big, strong arm, keeps his eyes down field, good pocket presence, can play in the elements and very savvy. I honestly would rather have him than Tebow. This kid reminds me of Roethslisberger.

I like the kid Pike also. I like the Big Ben comparision. I hope the Bills FO are watching this game.

I like the kid Pike also. I like the Big Ben comparision. I hope the Bills FO are watching this game.

You must of been reading my mind..I was thinking I sure hope Modrak is watching this. BUt then again he is probably out golfing on a big college assesment day such as this.

I like his size (he does need to gain some weight though), I like his arm, I like his guts, but I'm not thrilled about his mechanics.

Good observation...but there is alot of QB's that dont have the best mechanics per the manual...sometimes you just gotta let them play dont you agree?

I was watching some of the Cincy-Illinois game, too, and he did look pretty good. The only thing that was weird was the lack of rotation on his passes. I know he's got a strong arm, but he may need to get a little more "zip" on some of those throws in order to hit receivers in the pros.

Pike knows how to play the game, but I don't think he'd last 6 games much less 16 in the NFL. He is built like a tooth-pick. Roethlisberger is built like a D-Lineman.

Pike is 6-6 and 225lbs. He certainly has room to grow, but that's far from a toothpick.

What kind of offense does Cincy play?

He plays in a no-huddle spread.

I've been pushing Pike since week 1 and haven't changed my mind. The guy is big and has a strong, accurate arm. He knows how to throw strikes and touch passes, and knows when to use each. He plays in a no huddle and makes a lot of the pre-snap reads himself. He's not a runner, but moves around in the pocket and has one of the best "throws on the run" in college, IMO.

The thing that stands out to me more than anything else is how composed he is during the play. No matter what's going on around him, he knows where his guys are supposed to be and he's finding them downfield. Even when he's flushed from the pocket and running toward the sideline; he doesn't just look straight downfield for someone to be there (like almost all QB's do), he continues to progress through is reads and find open guys.

I don't think there is a single QB coming out this year that will step in their rookie year and tear up the league, and Pike is no exception. I think he's one of those guys that will need to take time to make the transition, but when he does he will excel. And while I would love the Bills to draft him, a Aaron Rodgers situation would probably suit him better. Wherever he goes, I think he will be a very good QB a few years down the road.

Pike is 6-6 and 225lbs. He certainly has room to grow, but that's far from a toothpick.

He plays in a no-huddle spread.

I've been pushing Pike since week 1 and haven't changed my mind. The guy is big and has a strong, accurate arm. He knows how to throw strikes and touch passes, and knows when to use each. He plays in a no huddle and makes a lot of the pre-snap reads himself. He's not a runner, but moves around in the pocket and has one of the best "throws on the run" in college, IMO.

The thing that stands out to me more than anything else is how composed he is during the play. No matter what's going on around him, he knows where his guys are supposed to be and he's finding them downfield. Even when he's flushed from the pocket and running toward the sideline; he doesn't just look straight downfield for someone to be there (like almost all QB's do), he continues to progress through is reads and find open guys.

I don't think there is a single QB coming out this year that will step in their rookie year and tear up the league, and Pike is no exception. I think he's one of those guys that will need to take time to make the transition, but when he does he will excel. And while I would love the Bills to draft him, a Aaron Rodgers situation would probably suit him better. Wherever he goes, I think he will be a very good QB a few years down the road.

I like Pike too. And I think the Bills go after a veteran QB to play and let Pike LEARN THE GAME. Rumor has it that St. Louis is moving away from Bulger. I think he might be worth a look.