Jimmy Clausen to enter 2010 Draft

bobobonators

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember Kelly injuring his shoulder twice in college.

Because he didn't get back on the field after he injured his shoulder his senior year. "Total separation of the AC joint" that required reattaching of the ligaments to the bone and 3 5 inch steel rods being inserted to stabilize the area. The thought at the time the surgery was accomplished was that the probability was Kelly's career being over was higher than it was for continuing.

Kelly had a variety of other injuries in college as well: dislocated jaw, broken ribs, etc. Then he went to the USFL and screwed up his knee. That didn't stop the BILLS from making him the highest paid player in the NFL with his first contract.

You remember! It was never about the FSU uniform. It was about Micky Andrews defense which allows them to run free without responsability. It remains to be seen whether or not Brown will do anything but he's hardly been gang busters at this point.

I do remember. My whole point, as I am making with the Senator was that it is ludicrous to rule out a player because of the system, college or region they come from.

At least I'm consistent :lol:

I do remember. My whole point, as I am making with the Senator was that it is ludicrous to rule out a player because of the system, college or region they come from.

At least I'm consistent :beer:

Consistent, and correct, Magox. After all, ND gave us Joe Montana - but Joe wasn't a sniveling, whiney, smirking, wanker-type SoCal punk like Clausen! :lol:

Yes, Clausen has an attitude. Part of that I like. Fact of the matter is that the kid has a rocket arm, does not make to many mistakes and can tough it out when injured. I like Bradford and Clausen, IF the Bills were going to go that route.

Yes, Clausen has an attitude. Part of that I like. Fact of the matter is that the kid has a rocket arm, does not make to many mistakes and can tough it out when injured. I like Bradford and Clausen, IF the Bills were going to go that route.

Last rookie QB to come to camp with Clausen's 'attitude' got his leg broken by Troy Vincent.

After watching Leinart and Sanchez flop (and yet no one talks about USC & Pete Carroll's inability to prep QBs for the NFL), and given the Bills own recent experience wtih SoCal surfer-types (RJ, JP), I'll cast my lot with the good solid kid from Oklahoma.

It is dumb to limit any possiblilities due to where someone grew up. They either have what it takes or not regardless of their hometown.

These guys will all get a chance to work out for the scouts, all these games stats go out the window. Someone we haven't mentioned will emerge and one of these name guys will drop. The late John Butler used to have a local radio show and he always talked about how scouts segregate performances against Pittsburgh St. or the SEC. No ones numbers against inferior competition will mean a thing.

Clausen scans the field well and throws to the second or third option frequently. He throws to the correct shoulder so run after catch yards are available. These are good traits whether you are from California or Delaware. He steps up in the pocket and slides his feet to buy time while keeping his eyes downfield, traits Trent Edwards does not show after three years.

Bradford has a good arm, scans the field well. I worry about the thin frame and the injuries. He looked like a deer in the headlights against Florida in the Championship game last year.

Tebow will be interesting to watch. He is such a competitor and a great athlete, he gets your attention. Workouts for scouts will show if he has the accuracy the NFL requires. He will need refinement with his techniques. Shanny's close relationship with Urban Meyer makes me wonder if he would give him a look.

Locker definitely..i forgot. I think Mallett shouuld stay in college a couple of more years.

Locker and LeFevour are interesting options that may not require trading up. Plus they have some experience playing in the cold.

Out of all the quarterbacks coming out, the only one i can see as a true NFL quarterback--at least for our team-- is Clauson. His offensive line is terrible, he constantly faces pressure--unlike many of the other QB's-- and is still successful. he runs a pro-style offense, so he should make a good transition to the pros. I just feel that he could be and immediate impact.