Jimmy Clausen to enter 2010 Draft

bobobonators

More Bills myopia. Every QB has to be like Kelly, every DE has to be Bruce, etc. Here's a newsflash, those guys are one of a kind HOFers. The thinking that every new Bill has to be like one from the 90's is ridiculous.

What about Bradford reminds you of Kelly? He is tall, skiny and brittle. The guy had all of his success behind a great OLine in a league where they play ZERO defense. When he played against a real defense (Florida) who pressured him he didn't look like the same QB did he? Any QB from the BIG 12 scares me because that league doesn't believe in defense. PASS.

I agree with your post, he reminds me more of Rob Johnson than Jim Kelly. So I guess when Ralph sells the team it is going to have to go to some old white guy with big ears if they want to be successful.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Bills myopia. Every QB has to be like Kelly, every DE has to be Bruce, etc. Here's a newsflash, those guys are one of a kind HOFers. The thinking that every new Bill has to be like one from the 90's is ridiculous.

What about Bradford reminds you of Kelly? He is tall, skiny and brittle. The guy had all of his success behind a great OLine in a league where they play ZERO defense. When he played against a real defense (Florida) who pressured him he didn't look like the same QB did he? Any QB from the BIG 12 scares me because that league doesn't believe in defense. PASS.

"Tall, skinny and brittle." Um...yeah...sure...

Jim Kelly - 6'3" 226 lbs.

Sam Bradford - 6'4" 223 lbs.

Three pounds lighter and an inch taller than Kelly make Bradford "tall, skinny and brittle"? :thumbsup:

"Brittle." Um...yeah...sure...

Link - Sam Bradford goes airborne

Guy has the grittiness and mental toughness of a linebacker, just like old #12.

"Big 12 doesn't believe in defense." Um...yeah...sure...

NCAA Defense Rankings - Total Points Per Game - Nebraska #3; Oklahoma #7; Texas #10; OSU #33; Texas Tech #41: Kansas State #47 (T)

NCAA Defense Rankings - Total Yards Per Game - Texas #6; Nebraska #8; OSU #31; Kansas State #41; Missouri #43; Texas Tech #49

And it's not like Clausen has played against defensive powerhouses, either. In fact, only 4 of the teams Clausen faced this season are in the NCAA's top 50 defenses - and he lost to 3 of 'em.

Please - no more SoCal surfer dudes, NorCal nancy-boys, or sniveling whiney Notre Dame punks for Bills next QB.

If Sam Bradford is on the board when the Bills pick, they should jump at him.

Please - no more SoCal surfer dudes, NorCal nancy-boys, or sniveling whiney Notre Dame punks for Bills next QB.

Senator, you're a smart guy, even you have to admit that it would be beyond foolish to dismiss a player just because they are originally from California or attended Notre Dame. I had a similar conversation with a poster earlier in the year regarding DE's from Florida State. Turning a blind eye to blue chip prospects solely on the basis of which college or region they come from is ludicrous.

Other than "sniveling whiney Notre Dame punks" as being your basis of scoffing at the suggestion that Claussen should be our draft choice, what tangible rational reason do you have as for him not being the person we should select?

Senator, you're a smart guy, even you have to admit that it would be beyond foolish to dismiss a player just because they are originally from California or attended Notre Dame. I had a similar conversation with a poster earlier in the year regarding DE's from Florida State. Turning a blind eye to blue chip prospects solely on the basis of which college or region they come from is ludicrous.

Other than "sniveling whiney Notre Dame punks" as being your basis of scoffing at the suggestion that Claussen should be our draft choice, what tangible rational reason do you have as for him not being the person we should select?

Well, he did get his ass kicked in a bar fight that he instigated, which I can't ever imagine happening to Bradford.

"Tall, skinny and brittle." Um...yeah...sure...

Jim Kelly - 6'3" 226 lbs.

Sam Bradford - 6'4" 223 lbs.

Three pounds lighter and an inch taller than Kelly make Bradford "tall, skinny and brittle"? :censored:

"Brittle." Um...yeah...sure...

Guy has the grittiness and mental toughness of a linebacker, just like old #12.

"Big 12 doesn't believe in defense." Um...yeah...sure...

NCAA Defense Rankings - Total Points Per Game - Nebraska #3; Oklahoma #7; Texas #10; OSU #33; Texas Tech #41: Kansas State #47 (T)

NCAA Defense Rankings - Total Yards Per Game - Texas #6; Nebraska #8; OSU #31; Kansas State #41; Missouri #43; Texas Tech #49

And it's not like Clausen has played against defensive powerhouses, either. In fact, only 4 of the teams Clausen faced this season are in the NCAA's top 50 defenses - and he lost to 3 of 'em.

If Sam Bradford is on the board when the Bills pick, they should jump at him.

Yeah, college program weights are always accurate! :thumbsup:

Brittle, yes. He's been knocked out of 3 games prior to this season and once he lost that Oline of All Americans, he could only handle 60 snaps this year. Putting up a clip of him leaping for the endzone doesn't impress anyone. Trents got the same play in his arsanel too.

Let's take a look at what the top 4 Big 12 teams did last year in the bowl games against NON CONFERENCE OPPONENTS!

Florida put up 480 yds on OU

Ohio St. put up 380 yds. on Texas. OSU was 69th in total offense

Ole Miss put up 550 yds and 47 points on TEXAS TECH (WOW, great coaching job Leach!)

Oregon put up 560 yds on Okla. St.

OPPONENTS AVERAGED 500 YDS. OF OFFENSE PER GAME AGAINST THE TOP 4 BIG 12 TEAMS IN BOWL GAMES!!!!!

The Big 12 was exposed last bowl season. The bottom of the Big 12 is the worst of any BCS conference and Kansas and Mizzou's time is up as well. Kansas FRIGGEN State had a shot at the North until last week! Outside of Nebraska, the Big 12 Defenses are a joke.

Clausen has taken a beating this year and if you watched any of those games you'd know that he's blameless for ND's season.

Let's make a bet right now, who's taken first in the upcoming draft. I got Clausen and you can take Braford. I'll give you 2-1 odds. PM me your email address and put your money where your mouth is. :worthy:

so what you're saying is that you don't have a football related tangible reason for not picking him. got it :thumbsup:

Oh. You wanted a 'football-related' reason why I wouldn't pick him. I thought you wanted to know the reason he's a sniveling whiney punk. :censored:

Guess I'd have to throw out the '07 and '09 numbers and go with the 2008 stats, since Bradford saw very limited action in '09 due to the shoulder injury, and Clausen was pulled in and out of the starting position in '07 'cause of injuries and 'cause he's a sniveling whiney punk from Southern California...

BRADFORD - 2008

328 COMPL/483 ATTMPTs (68%); 4720 YDS (9.8 YDS AVG); 50 TDS/8 INTs; 11 SACKS; 181 RATING

CLAUSEN - 2008

266 COMPL/440 ATTMPTs (61%); 3172 YDS (7.2 YDS AVG); 25 TDS/17 INTs; 22 SACKS; 132 RATING

That, plus Clausen just LOOKS like a sniveling whiney punk...

Link - Sniveling Whiney Punk from Thousand Oaks, CA

Everette Brown is dominating isn't he! 13 tckls and 1 sack through 10 games :thumbsup: Well at least he's better than Maybin.......

Oh. You wanted a 'football-related' reason why I wouldn't pick him. I thought you wanted to know the reason he's a sniveling whiney punk. :thumbsup:

Guess I'd have to throw out the '07 and '09 numbers and go with the 2008 stats, since Bradford saw very limited action in '09 due to the shoulder injury, and Clausen was pulled in and out of the starting position in '07 'cause of injuries and 'cause he's a sniveling whiney punk from Southern California...

BRADFORD - 2008

328 COMPL/483 ATTMPTs (68%); 4720 YDS (9.8 YDS AVG); 50 TDS/8 INTs; 11 SACKS; 181 RATING

CLAUSEN - 2008

266 COMPL/440 ATTMPTs (61%); 3172 YDS (7.2 YDS AVG); 25 TDS/17 INTs; 22 SACKS; 132 RATING

That's better.

Having said that, comparing college football stats from two totally different programs isn't an accurate way to assess who is the better pro QB prospect, wouldn't you say?

Yeah, college program weights are always accurate! :thumbsup:

Brittle, yes. He's been knocked out of 3 games prior to this season and once he lost that Oline of All Americans, he could only handle 60 snaps this year. Putting up a clip of him leaping for the endzone doesn't impress anyone. Trents got the same play in his arsanel too.

Let's take a look at what the top 4 Big 12 teams did last year in the bowl games against NON CONFERENCE OPPONENTS!

Florida put up 480 yds on OU

Ohio St. put up 380 yds. on Texas. OSU was 69th in total offense

Ole Miss put up 550 yds and 47 points on TEXAS TECH (WOW, great coaching job Leach!)

Oregon put up 560 yds on Okla. St.

OPPONENTS AVERAGED 500 YDS. OF OFFENSE PER GAME AGAINST THE TOP 4 BIG 12 TEAMS IN BOWL GAMES!!!!!

The Big 12 was exposed last bowl season. The bottom of the Big 12 is the worst of any BCS conference and Kansas and Mizzou's time is up as well. Kansas FRIGGEN State had a shot at the North until last week! Outside of Nebraska, the Big 12 Defenses are a joke.

Clausen has taken a beating this year and if you watched any of those games you'd know that he's blameless for ND's season.

Let's make a bet right now, who's taken first in the upcoming draft. I got Clausen and you can take Braford. I'll give you 2-1 odds. PM me your email address and put your money where your mouth is. :censored:

No bets. If you're guy gets drafted first, bully for you, but it proves absolutely nothing. If I were to bet anything, it'd be that Bradford has the better and longer NFL career (see Tom Brady 2000 NFL draft).

Oh. You wanted a 'football-related' reason why I wouldn't pick him. I thought you wanted to know the reason he's a sniveling whiney punk. :thumbsup:

BRADFORD - 2008

CLAUSEN - 2008

Judging from that picture, I'd say more of a smirking, wanker-type punk

That's better.

Having said that, comparing college football stats from two totally different programs isn't an accurate way to assess who is the better pro QB prospect, wouldn't you say?

No, there really is no 100% accurate way, since you're rarely comparing QBs from the same program, same conference, same coaches, same o-line, same opponents, same defenses, etc., etc.

That's where the 'sniveling-whiney-punk-factor' comes in! :thumbsup:

No bets. If you're guy gets drafted first, bully for you, but it proves absolutely nothing. If I were to bet anything, it'd be that Bradford has the better and longer NFL career (see Tom Brady 2000 NFL draft).

Deal! 5 years, we'll both still be on this board and we can square up then. Even though I think it will be settled on draft day when Bradford trips as he's about to shake Goodell's hand and re-injures his shoulder.