Jimmy Clausen to enter 2010 Draft

bobobonators

I'm watching Stafford throw 4 picks today and I'm thinking "this is what you get when you draft your QB before building the team." Claussen, Tebow, whoever...they will be labelled busts and run out of town before they finish a season. That's the way we roll in Buffalo.

PTR

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My preference would be Bradford of them all (if his physical works out OK--no reason to think it wont). We should be drafting in the top 8 this season... Bradford, Clausen, Locker, or McCoy. One will definitely be available. I think i'd really take any of them.

This is shaping up as a good QB draft.

Bradford will be the obvious Bills pick

another player who suffered multiple season ending injuries and will not have proven that he can ever return to his previous capabilities.

probably will waste extra picks to trade up to get him too

just like with Poz

I'm watching Stafford throw 4 picks today and I'm thinking "this is what you get when you draft your QB before building the team." Claussen, Tebow, whoever...they will be labelled busts and run out of town before they finish a season. That's the way we roll in Buffalo.

PTR

Amen. I'd much rather see the BILLS spend the picks on big, nasty OLineman than put a rookie behind the current disaster.

Possible QB in 2010 Draft:

Clausen

Bradford

McCoy

Tebow

Pike

Snead

Robinson

Locker

Mallet

Who do you want?

My bet is one of those guys will be around at the end of the second round, maybe by our 3rd pick even. Id take anyone of them as a flyer/development pick. No reason in drafting a high QB who has the same chance to succeed in the NFL as any of the first round guys, especially with this terrible OL. Let them ride pine for 2 years and bring in Garica. That pick or Brohm may take the reins. McCoy and Tebow(mainly) have killer potential and the plays they dont make with their arms they can make with their legs - think Vince Young last Monday night. I would only draft Snead in the 7th round, not any earlier. This team team needs to invest their first 2 picks on the lines and an LB.

My bet is one of those guys will be around at the end of the second round, maybe by our 3rd pick even. Id take anyone of them as a flyer/development pick. No reason in drafting a high QB who has the same chance to succeed in the NFL as any of the first round guys, especially with this terrible OL. Let them ride pine for 2 years and bring in Garica. That pick or Brohm may take the reins. McCoy and Tebow(mainly) have killer potential and the plays they dont make with their arms they can make with their legs - think Vince Young last Monday night. I would only draft Snead in the 7th round, not any earlier. This team team needs to invest their first 2 picks on the lines and an LB.

Agreed, the team should grab whoever is there in the 3rd round or even trade back into the late 2nd round if they believe the price is right. The QB class is simply too deep this year for the team to spend either of their first two picks on one. Anyway, Brohm really brings many of the same things to the table (in terms of having a developmental QB with upside).

Claussen is way overrated.

I hate ND but I've watched every game this year because every game had been fun to watch. If you think Clausen is overrated you are crazy. He's got great size and he can make every throw WITH ACCURACY. His Oline has been terrible all year but that doesn't make him impatient. He changes his arm angle better than any QB that I've ever watched play. His deep ball is always accurate and he never floats the ball like Quinn who routinley threw hot air balloons. On top of that, he's been in a pro system under Weis, who is an offensive genius (not a great head coach). Unlike almost every QB coming out in the draft, he takes the majority of his snaps under center. Tebow, Mccoy , and Bradford all have spent the majority of their careers in shotgun in spread systems and I believe that they will take years to develop if at all. Mark my words, once the tape is broken down, Clausen will be the #1 pick and I pray that the Bills get him.

I hate ND but I've watched every game this year because every game had been fun to watch. If you think Clausen is overrated you are crazy. He's got great size and he can make every throw WITH ACCURACY. His Oline has been terrible all year but that doesn't make him impatient. He changes his arm angle better than any QB that I've ever watched play. His deep ball is always accurate and he never floats the ball like Quinn who routinley threw hot air balloons. On top of that, he's been in a pro system under Weis, who is an offensive genius (not a great head coach). Unlike almost every QB coming out in the draft, he takes the majority of his snaps under center. Tebow, Mccoy , and Bradford all have spent the majority of their careers in shotgun in spread systems and I believe that they will take years to develop if at all. Mark my words, once the tape is broken down, Clausen will be the #1 pick and I pray that the Bills get him.

Spot on. Clausen has been ridiculously impressive this season. If ND had any kind of defense, they could have been the BCS team people talked about last summer.

He's in the top 10 in every category playing in a pro style offense, against a schedule ranked #25. I agree his stock will only rise between now and the draft and believe he'll be gone before the Bills make a pick. Rams, Redskins and Browns all badly need QBs.

On the bright side, that oughta give us a shot at McCoy or someone else to help the pathetic run defense.

PTR

That`s right. I want the strongest arm and Biggest Qb.. Buffalo winds and weather are no place for a weak armed small build QB. :thumbsup:

Possible QB in 2010 Draft:

Clausen

Bradford

McCoy

Tebow

Pike

Snead

Robinson

Who do you want?

I don't know enough about Snead, robinson or Pike to make a judgement. In regards to the rest of them, for Buffalo I'd take Clausen, Bradford, Tebow and McCoy in that order.

I would of taken Bradford, as I think that he is probably the best out of the bunch, but I question his arm strength, and after watching TE struggle in Buffalo's weather conditions, I'm convinced that we need a QB with an above average arm strength.

The only QB that I'd consider for the Bills for their first round is Clausen.

Having said that, preferably I'd rather wait until the second round to pick up one of the QB's.

PTR

Well, to be fair, the jets have a decent oline and Sanchez also has thrown a lot of picks. I think it isn't avoidable most of the time.

Bradford is the most 'Kelly-like' of the QBs most likely to go in round one, IMHO. If Sam Bradford is available when the Bills pick, they should take him.

More Bills myopia. Every QB has to be like Kelly, every DE has to be Bruce, etc. Here's a newsflash, those guys are one of a kind HOFers. The thinking that every new Bill has to be like one from the 90's is ridiculous.

What about Bradford reminds you of Kelly? He is tall, skiny and brittle. The guy had all of his success behind a great OLine in a league where they play ZERO defense. When he played against a real defense (Florida) who pressured him he didn't look like the same QB did he? Any QB from the BIG 12 scares me because that league doesn't believe in defense. PASS.