Offensive Line Free Agents for 2010

WVUFootball29

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a few minutes this afternoon to find some of the bigger name talent at offensive tackle who will be a free agent next year. The talent is out there for the taking, but it is going to cost some serious cash to lure some of these guys away from their current teams.

LT Alex Barron St. Louis

LT Jermon Bushrod New Orleans RFA

LT Chad Clifton Green Bay

LT Jared Gaither Baltimore RFA

LT Mike Gandy Arizona

LT Marcus McNeill San Diego

LT Michael Roos Tennessee

RT Cornell Green Oakland

RT Stephon Heyer Washington

RT Winston Justice Philadelphia

RT Jeremy Trueblood Tampa Bay

RT Eric Winston Houston

RT Tyson Clabo Atlanta

LT would be my primary focus this year as D.Bell still needs a lot of work and a math tutor to teach him to count past 1. My favorites in order are: Bushrod, Gaither, Clifton, Roos. The tough part here is that Bushrod are going to cost at least a 1st round pick and most likely a 1st and a 3rd.

We will have to sign all of these guys to have a cahnce in 2010

Hell of a proclamation from atop Mt. Pious there, Professor Hindsight.

It really is not hindsight. Go back to these same boards before the draft & people were screaming to draft Nagata. Hell, go back this year & see how many people before our pick thought Orakpo should of been our pick. My question is why do the fans seem to know more then the front office does?

It really is not hindsight. Go back to these same boards before the draft & people were screaming to draft Nagata. Hell, go back this year & see how many people before our pick thought Orakpo should of been our pick. My question is why do the fans seem to know more then the front office does?

I hear ya. I can recall when the fans just knew the Bills should draft Mike Nugent.

I hear ya. I can recall when the fans just knew the Bills should draft Mike Nugent.

Well, obviously there are exceptions to every rule, but what I am trying to say is that over the last 4 years, it just seems like the fans have had a better handle on the draft & who the bills should take compared to the people that are actually making the decisions.

Richie, I gotta take his back here, and you play a role in this. Who was that Center you were raving about who is a very good player and lasted until round 4? How many times has this happened with you, Badol, and many other posters? Who was it that wanted Branden Albert over McKelvin? Oh yeah....it was you. ;) Who wanted the Bills to draft Wilfork? What was his name? :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, posters on this board really did have more of a clue than did the Levy/Jauron tandem and this is unexplainable. Hey, when you were up at the RWS party for the draft, who were they talking about when they took Whitner? ;)

I knew then it was stupid; this isn't hindsight.

I have disliked almost every first round pick of the Bills, but none bothered me as much as the Whitner pick. It was a solid draft and the two inept people running our team spurned numerous trade down offers. They simply HAD to draft Lil Donte. Between this, and getting fleeced for McCargo, they could have drafted Nagata, Joseph, or Mangold, and Jeremy Trueblood, AND had an extra 2nd.

The followed up this mess with an early 3rd on Youboty. They entered day 1 with the #8 , a second rounder and two early 3rds. They walked away with Whitner, McCargo and Youboty. This is franchise killing at it's feeble minded best.

Not sickening enough? An early 4th was wasted on Ko Simpson.

Sadly you are right; this draft will haunt us for many years.

Thanks Bill, I really needed that. I have had many bad dreams about this only to awake to the realization that the nightmare is real.

Richie, I gotta take his back here, and you play a role in this. Who was that Center you were raving about who is a very good player and lasted until round 4? How many times has this happened with you, Badol, and many other posters? Who was it that wanted Branden Albert over McKelvin? Oh yeah....it was you. ;) Who wanted the Bills to draft Wilfork? What was his name? :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, posters on this board really did have more of a clue than did the Levy/Jauron tandem and this is unexplainable. Hey, when you were up at the RWS party for the draft, who were they talking about when they took Whitner? ;)

I knew then it was stupid; this isn't hindsight.

Duke Preston?

I wouldn't be adverse to bringing Barron in. He seems to be playing decently this year. And he has the most physical talent of every lineman on that list.

He's an idiot. The definition of a coach killer.

I haven't watched much of New Orleans this season but Ware ripped their LT a new !@#$ last week.

Eric Winston would be interesting...I remember reading the Bills had pretty extensive contact with him during the Indy Combine.

Indeed they did and having been a 'Canes fan, I really wanted them to get him. He is very athletic and has great potential. He is doing pretty well down in Houston protecting Matt Schaub.

Jared Gaither .... wanted to take him in the draft after the draft thing, forget what it is called.

If people didn't like Jason Peters, ya won't end up like Jared Gaither.

Offensive Line Free Agents for 2010

These aren't free agents for 2010. These are POTENTIAL free agents for 2010. None of the good LTs will be available when the actual FA season starts.

Oh, and Bushrod is genuinely bad. 66th out of 76 tackles including LTs and RTs, according to profootballfocus.com. New Orleans is winning in spite of him, not because of him, and he was the major reason they lost last week. Ware beat Bushrod like a garage sale drum.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Thanks Bill, I really needed that. I have had many bad dreams about this only to awake to the realization that the nightmare is real.

he just hit us with some truth...

I'm still dumbfounded we didnt take Ngata. That is beyond me. Kiper had us pegged for him as well. Ugh Marv....

he just hit us with some truth...

I'm still dumbfounded we didnt take Ngata. That is beyond me. Kiper had us pegged for him as well. Ugh Marv....

As serious, crazed fans most of us would rather block out the horrible way that our beloved team has been managed, but I cannot do it. The entire premise of Levy/Jauron was absurd beyond words; I will go as far as calling it insane.

This team has had the same problems for 15 or so years, and these two made them that much worse. Some posters think that I "hate" Marv. I do not, but he was a so-so coach and an idiotic GM, who had not a freaking clue wrt how to build a football team.

We will flounder where we are or more than likely get even worse until a GM comes to town who is a football man, not a motivational speaker who specializes in quips, an ego maniac, or a huckster marketing man. This is why I want them to hire Marty Schottenheimer and let him do whatever he waants.