Paralysed man thought to be in coma for 23 years

Beerball

One of my email pen-pals* wrote on the subject.

*Okay, we exchanged emails once, but still...

Michael Shermer is a well known skeptic. He's been on Penn & Teller's ;) . He's also given a talk at TED.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

He mentions a test in the first link about showing the guy a picture and then showing the facilitator a picture and seeing if she types what he saw or what she saw. I say do this and if she fails she should be prosecuted and spend a minimum of 5 years in jail for what she did to his family.

• 2 months later...
As I recall during the autopsy what was left of her brain was the size of a apple

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/06/15/schia...opsy/index.html

A report from a neuropathologist who served as a consultant to the autopsy said Schiavo's brain was "grossly abnormal and weighed only 615 grams [1.35 pounds]."

That weight is less than half that expected for a woman of her age, said the report written by Dr. Stephen J. Nelson.

I understand that families desperately want to believe that their loved one is better off than they really are but you need to stop and look at the real data and decide if your saving your daughter or son or just torturing them. JMO

The facilitator should be prosecuted. The trick she played on that family is inexcusable IMO.

My nephew who is autistic was "talking" via a facilitator many years ago. They asked him what kind of ice cream he liked and "he" typed Neapolitan and my sister was so excited. Then they later found out it was a scam.

But brain waves can be tested to determine if there's activity.

The more compelling issue which they never go into is how this "special computer" functions.

If he's 100% paralyzed than unless this special computer can read his mind, how does he communicate thru it?

But brain waves can be tested to determine if there's activity.

The more compelling issue which they never go into is how this "special computer" functions.

If he's 100% paralyzed than unless this special computer can read his mind, how does he communicate thru it?

That's why he needs a facilitator.

The moment anyone said "facilitator" in this case is the moment someone should have called bull ****.