Should have let them score...

sharper802

There is no reason to watch anymore. The coaching staff routinely puts them in position to fail. How do you not call time out before the 2 min warning and save time on the clock. Why not just let them score and try to stop the 2 point conversion leaving time on the clock for a game winning or tying FG? Why spike the ball on the last drive instead of using the time out. Why don't the Bills blitz and pressure the other teams QB the way Jax did on the last drive. Hopeless.

I'm done. No Sunday Ticket next year. I am just going to watch college FB.

There is no reason to watch anymore. The coaching staff routinely puts them in position to fail. How do you not call time out before the 2 min warning and save time on the clock. Why not just let them score and try to stop the 2 point conversion leaving time on the clock for a game winning or tying FG? Why spike the ball on the last drive instead of using the time out. Why don't the Bills blitz and pressure the other teams QB the way Jax did on the last drive. Hopeless.

College football, now that's a system that finds the best teams from all the divisions and gives them all a fair chance to win it all. Bye.

You know I've heard we should have let them score a bunch today from many sources. My retort to that is, "Did you have enough confidence in our offense this year to march down the field and score?"

Did you have confidence they were going to stop them from the 3 yard line? Hell a great kickoff return might have been all that was needed.

BTW who didn't see the QB draw coming? I called it even before they lined up with an empty backfield.

To let them score would have been absurd. Our O has not marched down the field in the last minute all year. The D gave a valiant effort. JAx ended up scoring on 3rd down. Fewell would have had his interim status revoked on the field had he let them score. What an idiotic thought. There was plenty of time left for any decent offense to get into FG range and push the game to OT. Most teams don't have a depleted O-line like us and very average to below QB'ing

sharper802 had it right. Today, I learned that Fewell is not the answer. His clock-management skills at the end of the half and end of the game were awful. Any good coach would have called the necessary time-outs to give his team a chance to win. Give me one good reason not to call time-outs to save time for a final drive. This is not something that is learned. You either have the ability or not. Greg Williams and Dick JauWrong were the same way. No Game-time management skills.....End of Story!!

Wow. You really show that you understand nothing about football...not...a...thing!

This is why you don't call a time out: You wait until it's first and goal. That way Jax can't get another first. They either score or you stop them. Either way you get the ball back with a minute left. If we call a time out before the 2 minute warning, then if Jax gets a first down, they burn the clock to nothing. Understand what you are criticizing before you make a fool of yourself.

PTR

sharper802 had it right. Today, I learned that Fewell is not the answer. His clock-management skills at the end of the half and end of the game were awful. Any good coach would have called the necessary time-outs to give his team a chance to win. Give me one good reason not to call time-outs to save time for a final drive. This is not something that is learned. You either have the ability or not. Greg Williams and Dick JauWrong were the same way. No Game-time management skills.....End of Story!!

1) AVP had full control of the offensive plays. So the first half problems were his, not Fewell.

2) We got the ball back with a minute left and 1 time out. How is that bad clock management? You accuse Fewell of not getting it but Fewell used our timeouts perfectly at the end of the game. Call time out any sooner than first and goal and Jax can end the game with a first down. That's fundamental football, Einstein.

PTR

Wow. You really show that you understand nothing about football...not...a...thing!

This is why you don't call a time out: You wait until it's first and goal. That way Jax can't get another first. They either score or you stop them. Either way you get the ball back with a minute left. If we call a time out before the 2 minute warning, then if Jax gets a first down, they burn the clock to nothing. Understand what you are criticizing before you make a fool of yourself.

PTR

nice summation PTR

I'll tell you why: Because this team is as incompetent as they come. 3 and a half seasons of Dicky ball and practices has turned this team into a team that only knows how to lose. They will find anyway possible, make any possible mistake to just leave the average NFL fan thinking, "what the hell were they thinking".

Fewell may not be as much a dud as Juaron, and at least showed some emotion today, but you can't expect things to change. He's learned under Dick's incompetence so I'd expect to see more of the same disgraceful clock managment from the Bills. There were multiple instances of totally unacceptable game management today, and it 100% cost us the game.

Fitzpatrick had 270 yards passing with 10:00 left on the clock in the 3rd quarter. He finished with 297 yards meaning in our last 4 possessions we had 27 yards passing and generated no offense at all. Same old Bills, just a new coach to mange this crap. This team has become an embarrassment to root for on Sundays.

This is a terrible idea. You do realize we're playing with a backup quarterback behind a patchwork line, and haven't exactly lit up the scoreboard this year?

You do realize the Bills have the worst run defense in the NFL and have had 4th qtr meltdowns in just about every game. Jax scoring was inevitable. A little time on the clock may have helped. I am sure the time out they left on the board will come in handy when they change the rule to carry over to the next game...

1) AVP had full control of the offensive plays. So the first half problems were his, not Fewell.

2) We got the ball back with a minute left and 1 time out. How is that bad clock management? You accuse Fewell of not getting it but Fewell used our timeouts perfectly at the end of the game. Call time out any sooner than first and goal and Jax can end the game with a first down. That's fundamental football, Einstein.

PTR

End the game with a first down? WTF are you talking about. They still had to score. It seemed pretty obvious to me they had a good chance of scoring given the way our D has played in the 4th qtr of other games and how the drive was going to that point.

You do realize the Bills have the worst run defense in the NFL and have had 4th qtr meltdowns in just about every game. Jax scoring was inevitable. A little time on the clock may have helped. I am sure the time out they left on the board will come in handy when they change the rule to carry over to the next game...

You should have let the Bills know. Apparently they thought they had held MJD to just 66 yards on 25 carries today. And they scored on a pass, so I'm not sure how having "the worst run defense in the NFL" has anything to do with it. You want to leave the ball in the hands of Ryan Fitzpatrick behind a line of Jonathan Scott, Andy Levitre ®, Geoff Hangartner, Kirk Chambers, and Jamon Meredith ®? Please send me whatever you're smoking.