If you were a winning big name coach......

HelloNewman

Simple-its ego-certain personalities like to take the ultimate turnaround jobs...There is huge satisfaction in taking on something that is wretched and making it good or great. The only thing you want is complete control when you do it. The Browns and the Bills will be fighting for the best coach who wants a turnaround job..no one who wants complete control will go to Oakland or Washington (why do you think Snyder ended up with Zorn in the first place) and Dallas is not a great destination but Jerry will lie to someone and probably attract them..

Let's predict the openings and the potential fillers

- Oakland- Charlie Weis

- Carolina - Bill Cowher (See him once a week at our local Starbucks--he's ready to come back but loves NC)

- Buffalo- Jeff Fisher

- Washington - Jim Fassel

- Cleveland - Mike Holmgren

- Tennessee - Gregg Williams

- Dallas- Mike Shanahan

Holmgren, Shanahan and Cowher will all be back -- Oakland is not a factor in the sane world....so you have 3 plus Fisher now in the mix...

Simple-its ego-certain personalities like to take the ultimate turnaround jobs...There is huge satisfaction in taking on something that is wretched and making it good or great. The only thing you want is complete control when you do it. The Browns and the Bills will be fighting for the best coach who wants a turnaround job..no one who wants complete control will go to Oakland or Washington (why do you think Snyder ended up with Zorn in the first place) and Dallas is not a great destination but Jerry will lie to someone and probably attract them..

- Oakland- Charlie Weis

- Carolina - Bill Cowher

- Buffalo- Jeff Fisher

- Dallas- Mike Shanahan

Holmgren, Shanahan and Cowher will all be back -- Oakland is not a factor in the sane world....so you have 3 plus Fisher now in the mix...

That's who I want, I would take him way before Shanahan or Cowher.

That's who I want, I would take him way before Shanahan or Cowher.

Me too Rico...but his stock will be down because he just got canned and Shanahan, Holmgren and Cowher all are the beauty pageant winners because they have been out for a year or more (Cowher).

- Oakland- Charlie Weis

- Carolina - Bill Cowher (See him once a week at our local Starbucks--he's ready to come back but loves NC)

- Buffalo- Jeff Fisher

- Dallas- Mike Shanahan

I don't see Tennessee dumping Fisher. Their turnaround has saved his job

Oakland - Killdrive

Carolina - Cowher

Buffalo - Haslett

Washington - Billick

Cleveland - Holmgren as GM with Steve Mariuchi as HC

Dallas - Shanahan

Houston (If they don't make the playoffs, expect Kubiak to not return) - Dungy

- Oakland- Charlie Weis

- Buffalo- Jeff Fisher

- Dallas- Mike Shanahan

Nice well thought out post. I would love to see it play out like that. Not only do the Bills get Fisher, but Tennessee is saddled with Greggo. :blink:

I don't see Tennessee dumping Fisher. Their turnaround has saved his job

Oakland - Killdrive

Carolina - Cowher

Buffalo - Haslett

Washington - Billick

Cleveland - Holmgren as GM with Steve Mariuchi as HC

Dallas - Shanahan

Houston (If they don't make the playoffs, expect Kubiak to not return) - Dungy

Very possible...

Me too Rico...but his stock will be down because he just got canned and Shanahan, Holmgren and Cowher all are the beauty pageant winners because they have been out for a year or more (Cowher).
Those other 3 had a whole lot more talent to work with compared to Fisher. His W-L record may be lower, but I've never seen him make too many questionable game-day decisions, not that I remember anyways. Plus he's used to working for a knucklehead owner. Only a dream, but maybe a Jeff Fisher-Floyd Reese combo would work.

- Oakland- Charlie Weis

- Buffalo- Jeff Fisher

- Dallas- Mike Shanahan

Oakland= Marc Trestman

Carolina= Bill Cowher

Buffalo some scrub

Cleveland=Mike Holmgren GM...not sure about coach

Washington= Mike Shanahan

San Diego= Should the Chargers not make the playoffs expect Norv Turner to be fired

Houston...Gary Kubiak may get the axe

Chicago...Lovie Smith may get the axe

Shanahan may end up in Houston- SD- Wash- Chicago, highly unlikely the Bills can afford him.

Hell yeah. I would have to have total control and punt kick or trade any player I wanted and be able to pay free agents and draft the guys I wanted.

If any of the name HC's available were able to do that then they would take this team and make them a playoff contender in two years tops.

- Oakland- Charlie Weis

- Buffalo- Jeff Fisher

- Dallas- Mike Shanahan

not bad..... but dont think weis'll wanna go to OAK. And fassel isnt a big enough name for little danny