I was at Gander Mtn Sports earlier today.....

The Poojer

I swear, I felt SOOOOOOOO out of place there....a buddy of mine decided to buy a pistol so I went along for the ride...I swear, there is nothing that excites me about outdoor activities like hunting and fishing....I love camping...but damn....hunting and fishing were just never part of my make-up.....there were people in there shopping dressed in camo and they looked right at home....me....I am shaking deer calls because the sound was funny...and there is my son spraying me with acorn scent spray because, he like me simply don't get it.....i love the grill section and all the cooking utensils....but all that 'Guy' stuff......just not for me.....

just felt like sharing my feeling of lack of manliness...... :blink:

btw.....back to my buddy buying a pistol....isn't there a waiting period to buy guns???? I guess i already know that answer cus he walked out with one.... :huh:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear, I felt SOOOOOOOO out of place there....a buddy of mine decided to buy a pistol so I went along for the ride...I swear, there is nothing that excites me about outdoor activities like hunting and fishing....I love camping...but damn....hunting and fishing were just never part of my make-up.....there were people in there shopping dressed in camo and they looked right at home....me....I am shaking deer calls because the sound was funny...and there is my son spraying me with acorn scent spray because, he like me simply don't get it.....i love the grill section and all the cooking utensils....but all that 'Guy' stuff......just not for me.....

btw.....back to my buddy buying a pistol....isn't there a waiting period to buy guns???? I guess i already know that answer cus he walked out with one.... :huh:

I'm with you on this. I submit for consideration... perhaps it is a true lack of manliness that would cause someone to derive pleasure from killing a defenseless animal.

Fair enough. At least you're not a hypocrite.

No, but he has no problem passing judgment on others. I had moose backstrap tonight that I hunted, shot, butchered,and cooked and really enjoyed till I found out it was a manhood substitute. I thought it was just good food from nature that I worked hard for.

Maybe I would feel more secure in myself if I confined my wild harvest to berries and roots.

nope, not with you on that one....i once had as my signature line...if god hadn't intended us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them taste like meat.....i love eating animals...just don't want to do the work myself.....

I'm with you on this. I submit for consideration... perhaps it is a true lack of manliness that would cause someone to derive pleasure from killing a defenseless animal.

If it wasn't such a pain to field dress, carry and butcher a deer, plus the fact that I have to get up at the asscrack of dawn to freeze my butt off in a treestand in hopes to get a shot at one...I would hunt deer more often. personally I find it easier to get a deer at dusk doing 55 on the road to my house in my Wrangler

Did you apply for a job at one of the two new HHGregg's here?

Let me ask you a question, do you pass judgement on other carnivores like cats, wolves, fish, etc, or do they get a bye because they don't have self-rightous members of their species to tell them that millions of years of evolution and nature are totally wrong about their diet?

Let me ask you a question, do you pass judgement on other carnivores like cats, wolves, fish, etc, or do they get a bye because they don't have self-rightous members of their species to tell them that millions of years of evolution and nature are totally wrong about their diet?

some people actually do

http://vegetariandogs.com/

Being a vegetarian is fine with me, gringo. Vegetarians wanting to strongly impose their personal choices on others (and that's certainly not you)...not so much.

I certainly am against trophy hunting. Poaching. Killing wildlife for profit. The creatures that mate for life, and the ones that mourn, such as elephants and trumpeter swans - those are not for us to harm. And IMO, several oriental nations have a lot to answer for with their demands for this or that animal body part or concoction thereof - usually for some idea to enhance sexual prowess.

Whaling bothers me - so I'll toss in the Norse and the Icelanders.

Not all animals are nice. Many are quite capable of defending themselves.

If we leave them all alone, we can be in danger. Numerous snakes are poisonous, scorpions are not pleasant, rabies and other diseases are part of the animal world. I don't think you would care to live surrounded by Diamondback rattlers.

Hunters pay a substantial amount of taxation to support wildlife conservation, as well as other fees:

http://www.handgunhunt.com/readArticle.php?letter_id=56

And the harvested food is often put to humane use:

http://timesbulletin.com/main.asp?SectionI...rticleID=155803

No, but he has no problem passing judgment on others. I had moose backstrap tonight that I hunted, shot, butchered,and cooked and really enjoyed till I found out it was a manhood substitute. I thought it was just good food from nature that I worked hard for.

Maybe I would feel more secure in myself if I confined my wild harvest to berries and roots.

:lol:

Venison backstraps for me tonight.

Question - just curious not looking for an argument - are you Vegan?

Do you eat dairy products, wear leather, and do you research products to see if any animal product is a part of it (like Jelllo)? It is hard to do!

I do not hunt, and I enjoy meat but it is not part of every meal. I believe animals were put here to be used, just like in some areas, people are food to a polar bear.

I despise trophy hunters. I do not mind if a hunter mounts his trophies, but eat what you kill. I was talking to a guy yesterday, and he was not talking about killing defenseless animals, he was looking to fill his freezer.