Thurman says somethings up today.

Haven Moses

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thurmanthomas

Shanahan!!!!!!!have him in the box wit Mr. Wilson Sunday vs the Jags to look at what he can work with and make it better. To send a mgs

thurmanthomas

Brendan shanahan retired and there r reports the Bills r after Mike Shanahan.......I'm just saying

The down side - they also want to speak to Gilbride and Haslett.

Does anybody else think that dropping Gilbride's, Haslett's and Trestman's names just MIGHT be an attempt, lame as it is, to reduce Shanahan's considerable negotiating leverage? I do.

If Ralph is truly house cleaning as many suspect he is, the other names are just smoke screens. Keep in mind that none of the "also rans" are, to my knowledge, widely known to be requiring "full control" of football operations as Shanahan is. If the Bills are active this early, they are looking for a full-charge guy, not just a coach. You don't hire a coach and THEN a GM (unless you are the Browns).

So it's 7:00 pm and nothing has happened except the possibility of a conversation with M. Shananhan...Woopie Wow!

Lets hope that this Shananhan thing works out and he becomes coach with total control over all football decisions! I'm all for that..forget Haslet, Gilbride, Tressman or whatever his name is...that's all second tier...

If Shananhan doesn't pan out then skip those other guys and look at Cowher, Holmgren, Dungy, Gruden and if all else fails look at Billick, Fasel...

Lets Go Bills, Lets Go Bills, BaBaba Lets Go Bills !!!! BIIIIIIIILLLLLLLSSSS

Does anybody else think that dropping Gilbride's, Haslett's and Trestman's names just MIGHT be an attempt, lame as it is, to reduce Shanahan's considerable negotiating leverage? I do.

If Ralph is truly house cleaning as many suspect he is, the other names are just smoke screens. Keep in mind that none of the "also rans" are, to my knowledge, widely known to be requiring "full control" of football operations as Shanahan is. If the Bills are active this early, they are looking for a full-charge guy, not just a coach. You don't hire a coach and THEN a GM (unless you are the Browns).

"I know you think you have an impressive resume, Mr. Shanahan, but I do have to warn you that there are several promising quality control coaches we intend to interview for this position. Also, my gardener has expressed an interest."

Have you considered that those names are just reporters throwing darts and has nothing to do with OBD?

PTR