Reason For Hope?

How about a real GM first?

Kilgore just said on Channel 2 that Kelly is on record saying that Brandon has convinced Ralph to go with a real football man to head up the reorganization of the team ... does that sound like a real GM?

Kilgore just said on Channel 2 that Kelly is on record saying that Brandon has convinced Ralph to go with a real football man to head up the reorganization of the team ... does that sound like a real GM?

What means this? :thumbsup:

Perhaps the smartest thing Russ has suggested so far? :thumbsup:

Russ is a marketing man and he likely wasn't the one making football decisions. He seems like a bright enough guy to know he *shouldn't* be making football decisions. So here's hoping they eject some of the other responsible for this mess. I hope Tom Modrak, John Guy, and Jim Overdorf are going out the door as well. These have been the guys who have input on the players and direction of the team. It means little unless they bring in a real football guy who takes control and/or eject these bozos.

I'll have hope when I see their names on pink slips.

Russ is a marketing man and he likely wasn't the one making football decisions. He seems like a bright enough guy to know he *shouldn't* be making football decisions. So here's hoping they eject some of the other responsible for this mess. I hope Tom Modrak, John Guy, and Jim Overdorf are going out the door as well. These have been the guys who have input on the players and direction of the team. It means little unless they bring in a real football guy who takes control and/or eject these bozos.

I'll have hope when I see their names on pink slips.

I agree, but who goes and finds this GM? Brandon has no clue about NFL personnel, and there's no other football man in the front office capable of knowing what to look for. Wilson picked Levy, which is still hurting this team and Littman counts money.

I agree, but who goes and finds this GM? Brandon has no clue about NFL personnel, and there's no other football man in the front office capable of knowing what to look for. Wilson picked Levy, which is still hurting this team and Littman counts money.

Well, I disagree with you that these guys who have such a horrible track record should be involved in any way in picking the new GM. I'd rather throw darts at aboard to pick a new GM then let them have another crack at it. I have no problem with Russ running the business side of the organization where he's shown ability.

We're going to have to disagree that they should remain involved in the process which they are until they're gone. The Bills can do like many companies do and bring in a committee of people to search for a GM. It's not hard to see that individuals such as a Cower or a Dungy that could bring in smart football men and at least slow/stop the bleeding.

Buddy Nix should be the next GM for the Bills.

From his WiKi page:

He previously was employed by the Bills from 1993-2000. From 2001 until mid 2008 he was the Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel for the San Diego Chargers.

Nix's job with the Chargers was to oversee both pro and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft. Nix was a major reason the Chargers turned around from a losing football team to a rebuilt, winning team.

Number of San Diego Chargers Pro Bowl Players drafted under Nix:

2004 3 Pro Bowlers

2005 6 Pro Bowlers

2006 11 Pro Bowlers

2007 8 Pro Bowlers

Nix is considered by some to be one of the top 5 talent evaluators in the NFL.

Since Wilson paid out Jauron to fire him, do we get our hopes up that he might be willing to pay the money required to bring in a big name coach this off season?

Don't do it! Don't punish yourself by thinking anything is going to change significantly.

I won't remind you of all the bad coaches the Bills have hired in recent years. But as I have said before, Ralph will not

1. hire a top notch head coach.

2. give anyone any real power.