FU Marv

zazie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been a fan of Marv as a person and hold in high esteem all those that helped make our glory years possible.

The bottom line is that not only did Marv do a horrible job as a GM, but he also QUIT on what he assembled here way before any of us did.

Not only that, but he continued with this "stay the path" stuff well after he was gone...I think he had Ralph's ear long after he left, and that's why Jauron did not go after last Season, or any time before yesterday...I'm just guessing, but I think had Marv been a little more willing to admit the failure in hiring Jauron then we would at least be a year ahead on the rebuild...If Marv is truly that stubborn deep down inside that he believed keeping Jauron was the best move for this Franchise then he really has no business discussing NFL Football any longer...

Just saying...And for the record I still love the old guy...Just keep him away from My Team... :rolleyes:

All you idiots who ignorantly refuse to recognize NFL Hall-of-Famer Marv Levy's coaching achievements are...well...idiots. Try listening to what his HOF players say about the man, before you shoot your collective stupid mouths off.

C'mon Bro. I m not into the FU thing at all, but I fail to see the requirement to worship Marv as a football man.

Marv was inducted into the HOF before he became GM of the Bills. Now that his legacy has been trashed, I'm not so sure he would be voted in today.

It's hard to say what would happen now as far as the HOF Bro, but I agree...Especially with some Bills Fans, Marv did SERIOUS damage to his legacy...

And for those who want to chime in about how much they love Marv still, I know...I know...He will always have the devotion of many Bills Fans...We all know... :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight - you're professing Polian's brilliance, yes? And it was Polian who hired Levy , yes? (One of his very first moves after being promoted to Bills' GM.) Maybe hiring good coaches has something to do with Polian's success?

All you idiots who ignorantly refuse to recognize NFL Hall-of-Famer Marv Levy's coaching achievements are...well...idiots. Try listening to what his HOF players say about the man, before you shoot your collective stupid mouths off.

He hires guys who are egoless and won't get in the way of his vision for the team. If you can look at those numbers and think that Levy was a "great" coach without Polian, than you sir are the idiot. Levy's success was simply a case of being in the right place at the right time. You would've never heard of Pippen if it wasn't for Jordan. As far as what his players say about him, he let them do whatever the hell they wanted to do and that is the truth.

Again, we could debate Levy as a coach all day long. My original point was that his success as a coach has nothing to do with his tenure as a GM. He was a horrible GM and put us in the position that we are in. He's even gone on record defending his moves.

That being said, saying FU to the guy is crazy. However, saying FU to Bledsoe or Flutie............

I love how fans and the media only gauge a coach's prominence by how much talent they have relative to their success. It's not always that simple. You ever think that coaches are sometimes able to bring out the best in their players' talent? (chicken and the egg) Maybe we wouldn't be saying that the early 90's Bills had all this talent if Dick Jauron was their coach and they went 9-7 every year. If you're not down with Marv Levy, I got two words for ya.

Strangely enough, Bill, all the HOF electors felt differently.

Marv was a HOF coach. He was a horrible, beyond bad GM. He didn't understand how the draft works and reached tremendously on picks. He didn't know how to build a team, choosing to rebuild this team around Donte Whitner. And he didn't know how to choose a head coach.

You were wrong about Marv then, you continue to be wrong about Marv now.