Fitzpatrick expected to start

Jerry Jabber

Really guys? I'm gonna have to be the one to say it? ok...here it goes...

FRED JACKSON FOR STARTING QB! ;)

All wildcat, all the time.

Hell, line him up with Lynch and Moorman in the backfield. Then teams won't know if we're going to run, pass, punt, or return a kick.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot develop a QB and an offensive line at the same time. We had serviceable QBs, tho not good ones, like Bledsoe and Holcomb behind less than mediocre lines and they performed at or below average. When we have had new QBs JP and even Trent behind less than mediocre lines they performed at or below average. Neither has ever played new average when the line has been on shambles like this one.

Ive hung in there with Edwards for a long time. I think he's cooked. I think there's something wrong with him pychologically. He doesn't seem into this beating he's taking at all.

Replacing him now with Fitz, however, is just another idiotic move by a staff that has no idea how to coach. If your not going to bring in a Garcia, then leave TE in there to finish the season. He will likely be our backup QB next year, so make him take his lumps.

I noticed you didn't comment here.

Which part?

Where I defended C.Biscuit?

Or your piece?

If your referring to finally giving up on Jauron ...

color me skeptical, hell, call me cynical, but my gut feeling says you haven't fully given up on DJ as an NFL HC.

However, as long as we agree DJ no longer needs to be the HC of the Bills, then, yes share another patch of road.

It's possible that Edwards could be a late bloomer like Brees was in San Diego. If I'm not mistaken, Brees had 3 seasons in SD and looked bad. Once SD drafted Rivers, Brees turned it up and became a stellar QB. Edwards has shown some signs of promise, then again, signs of regression. Could it be from the concussions, bad offensive line, bad play calls, bad coaches or a combination of things? It's hard to say.

It is hard to say and I would love to believe that Trent could have a similar carreer progression. The problem is that I recently saw a 2002 SD game on NFL Network- at a time when you say Brees was bad- and maybe he was, but I saw him do some really good things - he moved well inside and outside the pocket and his throws were accurate hitting receivers in stride. You could see the talent. I am not sure that Trent has that to build on/develop. I am sure however that he has gotten a horrible deal in Buffalo, like all QBs since JK.

All wildcat, all the time.

Hell, line him up with Lynch and Moorman in the backfield. Then teams won't know if we're going to run, pass, punt, or return a kick.

Can't forget Roscoe.

We may not be able to dazzle with our brilliance, but we sure can baffle them with our bull ****.

Ive hung in there with Edwards for a long time. I think he's cooked. I think there's something wrong with him pychologically. He doesn't seem into this beating he's taking at all.

Replacing him now with Fitz, however, is just another idiotic move by a staff that has no idea how to coach. If your not going to bring in a Garcia, then leave TE in there to finish the season. He will likely be our backup QB next year, so make him take his lumps.

At this time, Ryan has just as much of a chance of being the Bills back up QB next year as Trent does.

Time to start Ryan.

Hell, start GH.

Start anybody BUT Trent.

Can you imagine Jauron as captain of the Titanic?

"I'm not sure what we hit, I'll have to look at the tape. But we had a good week of practicing abandoning ship. It's just hard to sink - er, sail in the North Atlantic."

;):lol::thumbdown:

Good gravy, I can't wait until this debacle of a season is over...

On the plus side, looks like I'm getting my case of beer from Dog a little sooner than expected!

You make it sound as though it !@#$ing matters. It doesn't.

That's the point, it doesn't.

I do find it comical people saying we need or should keep starting Trent.

Why do we?

Do it round robin, pick straws, paper rock scissors, etc ... whatever.

It will not matter who we start, so there is NO need to start anybody in particular.

Which part?

Where I defended C.Biscuit?

Or your piece?

If your referring to finally giving up on Jauron ...

color me skeptical, hell, call me cynical, but my gut feeling says you haven't fully given up on DJ as an NFL HC.

However, as long as we agree DJ no longer needs to be the HC of the Bills, then, yes share another patch of road.

Look, I still believe Jauron has some rare but indispensable qualities of a good coach:

Humility, honor, intelligence, diplomacy, and trustworthiness. But it's just not enough.

Something is fundamentally missing. This was the first time we lost after a bye-week since he's been in Buffalo. The guy has never had a good quarterback, but I'm convinced now that has nothing to do with X's and O's and everything to do with some intangible charisma that he just fails to convey.

You're right, he's a hard guy to "give up on" (as though my endorsement is of any consequence whatsoever), and all along I wanted it to work less because of Dick, and more so we could avoid having to blow the damn thing up again, but he just doesn't have it. May be he's to blame for Trent's lack of development, may be not. But to this point, he's done nothing to indicate he can develop a quarterback, whatever that takes.

And right now, we need a !@#$ing quarterback.

Trent is done people. Very nice guy and very good human being but not a starting NFL QB. People need to stop with the excuses, late bloomer etc...Drew Brees had success and fair amount of it in San Diego and everyone could tell he was a very good QB. They just had a 1st Round draft pick sitting the bench and had to make a decision.

Name me a Bills QB that went on to have great success elsewhere recently. You cannot. The same problems they had with the Bills were the same problems they had elsewhere. It is NOT the OC. It is NOT the OL. It is the fact we had bad QBs that were not good. Trent is no exception. There is really no use for him to play as we now know he is bad and will not be the guy. Bledsoe was awful for the Cowboys and how come the OL in Dallas was instantly better when Romo started playing? How come the Pats OL was instantly better the minute Brady started. The OL and the OCs were the same. It all comes down to QB play and a great QB will make things happen and make throws. Gruden could not make Rob Johnson a great QB because RJ is a bad QB. Trent had plenty of time on all the throws he needed to make when the score was 24-17....he can not throw a 15 yard out accurately three times in a row?

Sorry Trent defenders, it is not the OL or the OC. He may be marginally better behind a great OL but in the end he has to make the throws. And when he has time behind this line he does NOT make the throws consistently. Put Trent on the Colts and they are 2-7 instead of 9-0. The QB makes that dramatic an impact on a team. They touch the ball every play.

It does not matter what coach you bring in unless you have a great QB. Ask Bill Bellicheck who was so successful before Tom Brady......and Bellicheck is a great coach, one of the best ever but it does not matter unless you have a great QB.

First off, Brees did not look good before Rivers was drafted. If Brees did look good in his first 3 years, then why did the Chargers draft Rivers with their first pick? Brees had many games in his first 3 seasons where he threw either under 200 yards and even 100 yards.

Coaching and a good offensive line will make all the difference to a developing QB. If those are in place and your QB is not producing, then you can say without a doubt that it's the QB that's the problem. With Bills, everything is jacked up.

Edwards has been "Bledsoed" -- his brain beat into a pulp behind a line that can't block and with an offensive (and I do mean offensive) game plan. He's shell shocked, and as we saw with Bledsoe, it's impossible to recover from it.