Is it time to realise we are screwed for awhile?

ICE

Ok all of the hypotheticals aside....We are honestly STUCK with what we see for at least the 2005 adn 2006 seasons.

We are stuck with the Rookie HC for at least that long. TD gave him a friggin 5 year deal. TO A FUGGIN ROOKIE HC!!!!

We are stuck with TD. I don't care what PFW or whatever 'whispers' say. Ralph Wilson made this guy the most powerful man at OBD EVER Besides RW himself. No way he gets canned. As I posted before, it is known that RW loves the way TD handles the money side of things. TD isn't going anywhere.

Bledsoe? Got another extention. We are going to be force fed him for awhile longer. Listen to MM, he has NO intentions on starting JP any time soon. Now that may be RW, it may be TD I dont' know. I do know we are going to have to suffer through growing pains with the kid for awhile when he gets in there. So hey, the longer it is put off, the longer we have to wait.

That brings me to the next point. Will we have a Defense by the time JP gets ready? Milloy may have 2 more years. Vincent the same. how long will Clements be here? Sam Adams? Fletcher and Spikes? This is why I really want to see JP on the field ASAP! If he is our franchise (And if you pick a QB in the first round you ARE saying he is your franchise) then you need to get him up to speed FAST.

See That is what Caughlin is saying up in NYC. He sees he just lost his top two DE's. Since then they are struggling. so play Manning now, get ready to hit the ground running next year. I can tell you this...If his Defense comes back healthy, and Manning is on track the Eagles had better watch out! it will be playoffs minimum for the G Men.

If we can start getting JP in there and get him at least 5 starts then that helps drastically OR it shows us we need a veteran to lead this team this offseason. As most know I am against going out and handing this team over to another vet. But if JP doesnt look like he is going to develop that soon, then bring in a guy to WIN. Our D won't be here that much longer before we have to start replacing them. Now if JP looks like he is going to do well after his 5 or so games etc (*) then we are good to go.

Long story short, since TD has been here we as fans have suffered. Some will say talent. Well every member of this team has been signed by TD. No excuses there. Well it is coaching. Every member of the coaching staff has been hired by TD. No excuses there. We are still sitting here with a losing record which is something we have had every year with TD As GM sans 1 in which we went 8-8. To me that isn't a mark of a good GM folks. Not when this entire team is of YOUR making.

The bad thing is...we are stuck with him. I just don't see a change so we are stuck.

(*) Meaning we see him start to develop and be on the upswing going into the offseason.

screwed we are... teflon donahoe has dug a deeper hole than butler. it's one thing to dig a hole... but to dig it so deep you are seriouly fugged is another.

If I'm building a team as a GM, the first two people I'm going to hire are the best offensive line coach and defensive line coach and then I'm going to draft or bring in via free agency the best players I can get on o and d lines. those two areas define the team... football hasn't change... the battle is still won at the line of scrimmage. The Bills are deficient on both sides of the football in that regard.

This is the modern age of free agency in the NFL.

The Bills could be in the Super Bowl by next year.

OK, I'll bite. You seem to see light where there doesn't seem to be any.

So, you be dah man... tell us who you'd get rid of and who you'd bring in... and please do so within the confines of the salary cap. I just don't see it... so bring it to me, please. I need a pickmeup.

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday
screwed we are... teflon donahoe has dug a deeper hole than butler.  it's one thing to dig a hole... but to dig it so deep you are seriouly fugged is another.

If I'm building a team as a GM, the first two people I'm going to hire are the best offensive line coach and defensive line coach and then I'm going to draft or bring in via free agency the best players I can get on o and d lines.  those two areas define the team... football hasn't change... the battle is still won at the line of scrimmage.  The Bills are deficient on both sides of the football in that regard.

121448[/snapback]

Well, let's be fair - he got the coaching part of it right with those two areas - I don't think there are any others I'd take over Krumrie and McNally. But I completely agree with you that Donahoe has over-emphasized the skill positions at the expense of developing the trenches, where you're correct games are won and lost. And by the way, in so doing he's made things worse on us salary-cap wise, because skill players tend to be over-valued.

The good news is there should be a decent amount of quality FA offensive linemen on the market next year - there always is. Arizona alone is going to jettison 2-3 quality starters (L.J. Shelton, etc.). The d-line is another story - Edwards will have to become a 3-down player, and Tim Anderson might want to wake up and realize he's in the NFL - I don't see us upgrading that position thru free agency.

Guest BillsRebound

It is becoming apparent that perhaps the hiring of Gregg Williams wasn't as bad a mistake as first thought. No coach can win with Bledsoe as their QB, Drew's 1st couple years in the league not withstanding. Belichik and Weiss couldn't do it, Williams and Gilbride couldn't, and Mularkey and Clements aren't getting off to a good start. He has been an albatross everywhere he's been lately. His reputation, big arm, and likability leave organizations and fans constantly making excuses for his poor play. Meanwhile, his teams change coaches, players and schemes, and they continue to lose. It is time to lift the weight from our shoulders and move on.

Ok all of the hypotheticals aside....We are honestly STUCK with what we see for at least the 2005 adn 2006 seasons.

We are stuck with the Rookie HC for at least that long. TD gave him a friggin 5 year deal. TO A FUGGIN ROOKIE HC!!!!

We are stuck with TD. I don't care what PFW or whatever 'whispers' say.  Ralph Wilson made this guy the most powerful man at OBD EVER Besides RW himself. No way he gets canned.  As I posted before, it is known that RW loves the way TD handles the money side of things.  TD isn't going anywhere.

Bledsoe? Got another extention.  We are going to be force fed him for awhile longer.  Listen to MM, he has NO intentions on starting JP any time soon. Now that may be RW, it may be TD I dont' know. I do know we are going to have to suffer through growing pains with the kid for awhile when he gets in there.  So hey, the longer it is put off, the longer we have to wait.

That brings me to the next point.  Will we have a Defense by the time JP gets ready?  Milloy may have 2 more years. Vincent the same.  how long will Clements be here?  Sam Adams?  Fletcher and Spikes?  This is why I really want to see JP on the field ASAP!  If he is our franchise (And if you pick a QB in the first round you ARE saying he is your franchise) then you need to get him up to speed FAST.

See That is what Caughlin is saying up in NYC.  He sees he just lost his top two DE's. Since then they are struggling.  so play Manning now, get ready to hit the ground running next year.  I can tell you this...If his Defense comes back healthy, and Manning is on track the Eagles had better watch out!  it will be playoffs minimum for the G Men. 

If we can start getting JP in there and get him at least 5 starts then that helps drastically OR it shows us we need a veteran to lead this team this offseason. As  most know I am against going out and handing this team over to another vet. But if JP doesnt look like he is going to develop that soon, then bring in a guy to WIN. Our D won't be here that much longer before we have to start replacing them. Now if JP looks like he is going to do well after his 5 or so games etc (*) then we are good to go.

Long story short, since TD has been here we as fans have suffered.  Some will say talent. Well every member of this team has been signed by TD. No excuses there.  Well it is coaching. Every member of the coaching staff has been hired by TD. No excuses there. We are still sitting here with a losing record which is something we have had every year with TD As GM sans 1 in which we went 8-8.  To me that isn't a mark of a good GM folks. Not when this entire team is of YOUR making.

The bad thing is...we are stuck with him.  I just don't see a change so we are stuck.

(*) Meaning we see him start to develop and be on the upswing going into the offseason.

121417[/snapback]

Ice,

What would you have said if you were a Charger fan last year? Come on..

We have lost several close games. Yes. We lost them.

With parity in this league the doom and gloom is crazy.

Hey Ice, What would you have given to have the Panthers team after last season? How about now? Injuries have killed them but they have 2 wins. To say that we are so far off is premature. Fact is. You have no idea. Neither do I.

If you want to be all doom and gloom. That is your right as a fan.

I just do not understand your radical swings. I mean you met TD a month or so back and claimed to have a nice conversation with him. You were all Bills then. You were happy with TD. What has he done in the last month to change your mind? Bledsoe was at the helm then. This week you are the sky is falling. If JP has a great game will we win the Superbowl after next week?

I know you want JP in. I know a number of fans want to see JP play. I remember last season and everyone wanted Willis to play. He did not play and that seemed to work out ok minus last week. Maybe just maybe we should trust the coaching staff with JP. I trust a guy like Sam Wyche a heck of a lot more than the average fan or Jerry Sullivan.

Keep the faith.

I think JP will be good to go next season and we will make our run.

Regarding the Bills defense: Do most Bills fans really TRUST this defense on the road in a game against a team with a very good or great offense? I do believe the majority of the problems with this team do fall on the offense, but thinking about this defense over the last couple of seasons, when we play a very good offense on the road, the defense falls short more often then not.

Having said that, and the fact that we are going to go woth Losman for the next few seasons at least, and our RB situation is set, and WR as well, upgrading at OL and even TE should be the focus for the next 2-3 years. Then IMO I would continue to upgrade the defense as much as possible. Why not strive to make it a DOMINANT defense? Hell, Tampa Bay and Baltimore won SB's with marginal offenses at BEST, why cant the Bills?????

I believe the board has been collectively stunned...

I dont. Listen, this team IS NOT THAT BAD. Granted we look horrible, but we ARE NOT FAR OFF. At least not as far off as san diego was last season, or carolina the year before. Our defense will return, less possibly Big Pat, but Edwards will not be much of a dropoff. Wilis will be one year further along. Drew can pull a brees (doubtful, but ya never know), or losman will be starting. The O-Line needs some work, but we have a draft and free agency to adress that, and actually I have seen some pretty good improvement with the line this season.

What we REALLY need to do, is fix the O-Line, and find a quarterback worthy of being on the field. Once we do that, Willis will take off, evans will be more involved in the game plan, and I think reed can become a serviceable #3 guy.

Guys, RELAX! Its not that bad. Really.

I dont.  Listen, this team IS NOT THAT BAD.  Granted we look horrible, but we ARE NOT FAR OFF.  At least not as far off as san diego was last season, or carolina the year before.  Our defense will return, less possibly Big Pat, but Edwards will not be much of a dropoff.  Wilis will be one year further along.  Drew can pull a brees (doubtful, but ya never know), or losman will be starting.  The O-Line needs some work, but we have a draft and free agency to adress that, and actually I have seen some pretty good improvement with the line this season.

What we REALLY need to do, is fix the O-Line, and find a quarterback worthy of being on the field.  Once we do that, Willis will take off, evans will be more involved in the game plan, and I think reed can become a serviceable #3 guy.

Guys, RELAX!  Its not that bad.  Really.

121493[/snapback]

Gotta agree. We may have gotten spanked Sunday night on the road against the World Champs, but this team looked damn good against the Jets, the potential is definitely there. Once Drew leaves town & we finally get a real FS (Vincent?), things will look a lot better.

1. Keeping the Statue for next year costs 6.5 mill......and dropping him is a 4.3 mill price tag. He wore out his welcome anyway. It will be JP's team full time next year.

2. McGahee will be in his 2nd year and should become more comfortable, more experience, a RB on the cusp of some very good things.

3. Evans will have a year under his belt, and has shown some good signs along the way. Typically it takes 3 years for receivers to break out. Opposite of Moulds is helpful.

4. The offensive line does need big time attention. I haven't heard many complaints about Villarial, so he must be at least competent. The times I have seen Marcus Price in games, he has looked good. Who is to say that he can't be the RT and shift Williams to LG. Price has ability, find a way to get him into the mix.

5. Wish we had grabbed a Jake Grove in the draft. Ice Teague needs a new address.

6. This franchise has had a phobia in getting a dominating TE. A release valve for Losman would be very beneficial.

7. How about landing some DB's who don't fall down at the worst times. How about teaching them to look back at the ball on downfield passing plays. Every team in the league does this except the Bills.

8. New kicker needed. Team has no faith in Lindell, and for good reason. Has pretty much always been a shaky kicker.

9. Maybe the new blood would re-invigorate some of these players. Losman has some bravado and cockiness? Good. The Sterile Statue sure isn't hyping his teammates.

10. The whole idea around parity in the league I think is overblown. The Bills haven't benefitted from the concept. The teams with the quality coaching staffs and the talent are going to win. Nobody is really taking a run at New England or Philadelphia. The Colts are still good cause of their talent. Pittsburgh bounced back cause of talent and coaching. The stinky teams still stink.....Oakland, Buffalo, Arizona, etc. And the flaky teams will remain flaky.....Minnesota, NY Jets.

11. Donahoe's time is up. And I hope to hell he isn't feeding Mularkey what to say. Let Mularkey get his feet wet and make his own decisions, good or bad. We already have a "caretaker" quarterback. We don't need another "caretaker" for a head coach.

Charlie here are some problems...

1) Lindell is in the 2nd year of a 5 year deal. We won't cut him.

2) TD has given Bledsoe an extention, we won't cut him.

3) TD hired a rookie HC. It will take him about 3 years to get his stevestojan together. He has a 5 year deal, Ralph won't pay to fire him. Problem is, the D players will be mostly gone by the time MM Gets his act togther.

4) RW likes how TD has made him MONEY. TD is going no where. Giving MM a 5 year deal helped that.

TD is the slickest car salesman on the lot. He knows exactly what he is doing.

1) Making RW some jack.

2) keeps pieces in place to keep his job. MM is now an EXCUSE "Well he is a rookie HC..he needs time" Well that and #1 buys teflon tom 3 more years.

3) in 2 years when the offense is putting up points with JP, LE and WM the D will be giving up 30 per game again. NOW TD can say 'Well we are close...just let me work on the D" By then now Moulds has retired or moved on. Now we are going to start sagging on offense as TD puts money into the D.

See this sombitch has found a way to cover his ass and has tons of excuses to do it. Want proof? Look at this fuggin board. There are STILL people thinking we are really a GOOD team. This team SUCKS! It needs damn near 4 new OL Men (Unless MW is a guard next year. Villarial is all we have) We still can't rush the passer on D. Posey is a waste of air. the CB position is manned by a career BACKUP. McGee is going to be one of the most solid KR men in the NFL. And a damn good nickel corner...THAT IS ALL. Vincent will play safety for 2-3 years tops. So we STILL need a corner since Clements is getting burned or is out of position STILL After all of this time. Still need OLB help in poseys position.

sorry folks you are obviously too blinded to see this team needs serious help. not just one or two things, TONS of things. Oh and can we please get ONE GOOD TE? Not 50 alsorans?

This son of a B word had over a year to figure out how to run his scam. And he is doing a hell of a job of it. Too bad the good fans of Western NY And the rest of us have to pay.